335i @ LAIAS (pics)

Started by gasoline, November 29, 2006, 11:32:19 PM

gasoline

I think this car will become collectible 30 years from now. It is so sexy.
I really like it a lot.
-----------------------------------

Catman

Wow, I love that car, even the red leather.  So nice.

cawimmer430

Looks very hot, but the interior...grrr...the only BMW interior I currently like is the new X5's. :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Catman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2006, 06:09:51 AM
Looks very hot, but the interior...grrr...the only BMW interior I currently like is the new X5's. :rockon:

I love the interior.  Does Jake like it?

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on November 30, 2006, 07:17:14 AM
Oh sorry, I got confused. :mask:

Whoa, for a moment there I thought you thought I was Jake Miller. Sorry buddy, my IQ isn't 43.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sandertheshark

Quote from: gasoline on November 29, 2006, 11:32:19 PM
I think this car will become collectible 30 years from now.
That would be nice.

Red leather absolutely works in this car, paired with alum. trim and a dark paint color.  Not many cars can pull off that look but this works with the 335i. :ohyeah:

sandertheshark

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2006, 06:09:51 AM
I love it.  It's understated.  No extra junk on the dash and console.  Simple, but classy, like a BMW should be.

Catman

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 30, 2006, 07:31:28 AM
That would be nice.

Red leather absolutely works in this car, paired with alum. trim and a dark paint color.  Not many cars can pull off that look but this works with the 335i. :ohyeah:

Yes it does work and just looks so awesome.  I want one.

cawimmer430

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 30, 2006, 07:34:44 AM
I love it.  It's understated.  No extra junk on the dash and console.  Simple, but classy, like a BMW should be.

And "cheap-looking" too sadly.  :(

www.wimmerfotografie.de

sandertheshark

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2006, 07:41:39 AM
And "cheap-looking" too sadly. :(
Not when you're sitting inside it.  The materials and fit-and-finish aren't Benz-grade by any stretch, but they're certainly not cheap.

heelntoe

you are using benz grade as a bench mark?

if only the leather was a bit darker red, it would be perfect.
@heelntoe

Danish

Looks nice.

I hope to go to the LAIAS this year :ohyeah:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

mazda6er

Quote from: heelntoe on November 30, 2006, 09:00:22 AM
you are using benz grade as a bench mark?

if only the leather was a bit darker red, it would be perfect.
I agree on both counts.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

850CSi

I don't like aluminum trim, makes the interior look cheap. Red is nice, but I couldn't live with it everyday.

Drop-dead sexy otherwise.

850CSi

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2006, 07:41:39 AM
And "cheap-looking" too sadly.? :(

Aluminum trim makes it look that way in pictures.

sandertheshark

I like aluminum. :(  It's better than fake wood, anyway.

SJ_GTI

For me, wood vs aluminum depends on the car's interior design and color. On this red leather interior aluminum is deifnitely better than wood. However, in a beige interior I generally prefer wood. On a black interior I prefer aluminum, but in grey I could go either direction.

nickdrinkwater

Would look better without the orange thing on the wheelarches.  A minor gripe I know, but I don't think the European model has those.

Otherwise very nice

SVT_Power

That shade of red seems...cheap?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 30, 2006, 07:54:41 AM
Not when you're sitting inside it.  The materials and fit-and-finish aren't Benz-grade by any stretch, but they're certainly not cheap.

I think the last generation 3-Series interior was better. The new one just doesn't really impress me. I'm not a dashstroker but in a BMW, you'd expect a little more. The new X5 interior on the other hand looks really good.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: 850CSi on November 30, 2006, 11:36:33 AM
Aluminum trim makes it look that way in pictures.

That's what I thought. But I still feel that the lest generation 3-Series interior was better. No offense. :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

red_shift

I agree that the red leather is a bit cheap looking if not garish.
the car might look cheap in pictures, but in person it's another story.

Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

BMWDave

I love it, both inside and out.  The red is nice, but obviously its not for everyone.  My personal favorite is natural brown leather. 

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

SVT_Power

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 30, 2006, 03:43:36 PM
That's what I thought. But I still feel that the lest generation 3-Series interior was better. No offense. :cheers:

And the exterior
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Lebowski

I actually don't like it very much.

It's not bad, just not nearly as striking as the E46 coupe was when it was new.?

omicron

Quote from: Lebowski on November 30, 2006, 06:29:12 PM
I actually don't like it very much.

It's not bad, just not nearly as striking as the E46 coupe was when it was new. 

I agree with your last point. That car is the epitome of elegance.