Acura 'Advanced Sedan Concept'

Started by YO, November 30, 2006, 09:06:30 AM

YO

Acura 'Advanced Sedan Concept' Debuts at Los Angeles Auto Show

LOS ANGELES, Calif. 11/29/2006 --

"The Advanced Sedan Concept illustrates Acura's commitment to modern design and cutting-edge style," said John Mendel, senior vice president, auto operations."With our advanced design team taking a significant role in shaping future vehicle design, we can expect upcoming products to reflect this progressive, forward-thinking styling."

The Advanced Sedan Concept is the purest expression of advanced design, performance and luxury, highlighted by its powerful, wide stance and deeply sculpted surfaces. The primary goal of this design study was to create a sophisticated, refined sedan with a mysterious presence.

The concept's generous exterior proportions suggest that a large, powerful engine lurks beneath the surface. The exterior lines reveal a sheer, sculpted lower body contrasted with a taut, architectural cabin. Although ultra-modern in its design, the concept retains the classic silhouette associated with a flagship sedan.

Low to the ground, the concept is anchored by large 22 inch front and 23 inch rear tires which are mounted to custom billet-machined, polished aluminum wheels. Powerful brake discs and calipers accent the wheels and large ducts direct cooling air to the components. Bold wheel arches and flares add to the concept's muscular appearance.

The sleek, compact cockpit nestles atop the sculpted body and flows from hood to trunk. For a unique panoramic view, the roof is constructed entirely of tinted glass that shades the occupants while still connecting them to the outside world.

"We wanted to capture the essence of an ultra luxurious sedan but give it a striking, mysterious presence to create a vehicle with a dual personality," said Dave Marek, chief designer, Honda R&D Americas, Inc. "The concept echoes this quality with its clean exterior lines, a wide, stance, high performance cues and key luxury accents."

The hood is accented with pronounced character lines that culminate in the aggressive five-sided grille, which contributes to the sedan's bold presence. The commanding grille is constructed of polished aluminum and features a cut crystal Acura emblem. The narrow headlights also double as air intakes and are positioned low on the bumper, further enhancing the sedan's already commanding 79.5 inch width.

"The front of the sedan communicates power and luxury," explains Marek. "The pronounced hood and large grille communicate performance, while the jewel-like Acura emblem captures the essence of pure luxury."

In the rear, the Advanced Sedan Concept has a flush mounted rear bumper with the high-mounted stop lamp integrated into the center break of the trunk. The jeweledtaillights are pushed to the outer edge of the bumper to further enhance the vehicle's wide and low appearance, while integrated dual exhaust outlets complement the sedan's performance-oriented style.

During the past decade, several Acura vehicles have been designed and developed in the U.S. including the award winning MDX luxury SUV, the innovative TL performance luxury sedan and the all-new RDX turbocharged crossover SUV. Acura will continue the expansion of its U.S. design capabilities with the addition of a dedicated Acura Design Center that will open next year in Torrance, Ca.
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

YO

check out www.acura.com and click on future vehicles for pictures.... temple of vtec has some nice shots too...
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

sandertheshark

Well that's... ah... certainly a unique design.  Like someone went all Art & Science on a TL with a slice of '66 Lincoln Continental.

I'd give it about the same production chances as the Cadillac Sixteen. :rolleyes:

SJ_GTI

Meh, its a bit awkward, but its nice to see Honda/Acura trying some new ideas.

sandertheshark

sportyaccordy

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Danish

Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

nickdrinkwater

And you thought Acura's production models looked bad....

That is appalling.

TheIntrepid

Damn it... C&D's token Honda troll has arrived ;) 

This thing is appalling.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

850CSi

thewizard16

I don't understand how any one could find that even remotely attractive, but I'm sure there are a few. At any rate, I would thank Acura profusely if they didn't produce anything that looked like that.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

sandertheshark

Quote"The front of the sedan communicates power and luxury," explains Marek. "The pronounced hood and large grille communicate performance, while the jewel-like Acura emblem captures the essence of pure luxury."
And the cacophony of screaming people clawing out their eyeballs communicate that your car is indescribably ugly you pompous asshole.

ifcar

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 30, 2006, 10:32:07 AM
Meh, its a bit awkward, but its nice to see Honda/Acura trying some new ideas.

Or...maybe not.

ro51092

red_shift

Quote from: ro51092 on November 30, 2006, 03:00:09 PM
(vomits)

That's disgusting.

Careful! This might be the only RWD (seems to be RWD) sedan to come out of the Honda stable!  :tounge:
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

ro51092

Quote from: red_shift on November 30, 2006, 06:04:38 PM
Careful! This might be the only RWD (seems to be RWD) sedan to come out of the Honda stable!  :tounge:

Even if it is, it surely hasn't won me over. But it would be good if Honda could make some RWD cars, outside of the S2000 and the NSX (R.I.P.)

J86

Car Zeus

I see YO is still pimping Acura. :rolleyes:

Welcome YO it's your buddy Car Zeus. (ToyotaLexus)

You still living in Georgia?

sandertheshark

Quote from: red_shift on November 30, 2006, 06:04:38 PM
A RWD Honda/Acura sedan?  Only in your craziest dreams.

sandertheshark

Quote from: ro51092 on November 30, 2006, 06:10:30 PM
Even if it is, it surely hasn't won me over. But it would be good if Honda could make some RWD cars, outside of the S2000 and the NSX (R.I.P.)
They say the new NSX is only going to be AWD... :banghead:

JYODER240

Wait i get it...this must be a joke ;) :lol:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sandertheshark

Quote from: JYoDeR240 on November 30, 2006, 08:30:39 PM
Wait i get it...this must be a joke ;) :lol:
Impossible.  Honda does not posses a sense of humor.

Raza

Well, so much for not having nightmares.  All I'm going to think about is that thing trying to eat me.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

red_shift

Quote from: sandertheshark on November 30, 2006, 07:52:30 PM
A RWD Honda/Acura sedan?? Only in your craziest dreams.

Actually, Honda drives people like me up the wall with their teasers. Longitudinal alignment of their V6 in the previous gen RL and Legend, a rear drive luxury sedan prototype prior to Legend... In the end, they 'Kaizened' over every plan and brought us the lovely (ahem) current RL. Now this. Let's see..  may be this time around they are serious, having burnt millions with their latest flop, RL.
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

omicron

What a self-indulgent piece of shit.

Catman

Damn, maybe I should just delete this thread. :(  Ouch.

nickdrinkwater

omicron

Quote from: Catman on December 01, 2006, 05:59:46 AM
Damn, maybe I should just delete this thread. :( Ouch.

Come now. You know it's horrible. :thumbsup: