Just ordered a Freestyle

Started by SVT666, December 01, 2006, 11:49:57 AM

SVT666

I just ordered a 2007 Freestyle.  We had to order it because there are no 2006 or 2007 Freestyles available in Canada that match exactly what we want.  They are mostly loaded to the nuts, and that's not what we want. 

2007 Freestyle SEL
- AWD
- Red exterior
- Pebble (tan) interior
- 2nd row captains chairs
- Moonroof
- Comfort Group
- 6 Disc In-dash CD changer
- Remote Start

Because we ordered it we got it for $500 below dealer cost.  I just hope my wife doesn't freak out when she finds out.  :mask:

mazda6er

So when you say "we" you mean "I".  :P Congrats on the purchase I've always liked the Freestyle.  :cheers:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

93JC

:ohyeah:

I've checked out the Freestyles at Metro Ford over the last few weeks, and have come to the conclusion they're awesome. For one, I (6'0", 230 lbs) fit in the third row!

Oh, and they also had a black GT in the showroom, as well as a GT500 Mustang in the basement, both sold. :lol:

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

The Pirate

Nice choice!

I'm liking Ford more and more every day.  Their new stuff is a far cry from the last one I owned.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Catman

Great choice.  We're expecting a full outlay of pictures and an extensive review when it comes in. ;)

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on December 01, 2006, 12:08:46 PM
Great choice.  We're expecting a full outlay of pictures and an extensive review when it comes in. ;)

Exactly. :cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666

Catman

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 01, 2006, 12:17:47 PM
Oh shit.

Actually, Dan will have the blog section up soon if you'd like to do decent review.

SVT666

Quote from: mazda6er on December 01, 2006, 11:51:32 AM
So when you say "we" you mean "I".? :P Congrats on the purchase I've always liked the Freestyle.? :cheers:
I just told her and she's game.  She's pretty excited.  The delivery date is beginning of February so it's gonna be a bit of a wait.  I am going to try and sell her car a couple weeks before it comes in.  If that doesn't work, then we will have to trade it in.  I don't think it should be hard to sell though.

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on December 01, 2006, 12:00:05 PM
:ohyeah:

I've checked out the Freestyles at Metro Ford over the last few weeks, and have come to the conclusion they're awesome. For one, I (6'0", 230 lbs) fit in the third row!

Oh, and they also had a black GT in the showroom, as well as a GT500 Mustang in the basement, both sold. :lol:
Yeah, I'm 6'1" and 220 lbs and I was very surprised that I could fit in the third row. 

FoMoJo

Congratulations :ohyeah:...they do look good in red!

I guess the 'remote start' will come in handy whens it's -26 :(!
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

J86

Nice buy!  I absolutely couldn't stand Ford until their latest round of products...the Fusion is a decent looking car, and for the segment the Freestyle seems to make the most sense.  My coach has a blue one, certainly has a ton of room!

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

I told my wife that I'm going to supercharge it, and she just rolled her eyes and said, "oh fuck, here we go".  :lol:

93JC

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 01, 2006, 01:33:43 PM
I told my wife that I'm going to supercharge it, and she just rolled her eyes and said, "oh fuck, here we go".? :lol:

:lol: :praise:

J86

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 01, 2006, 01:33:43 PM
I told my wife that I'm going to supercharge it, and she just rolled her eyes and said, "oh fuck, here we go".? :lol:
'

good man

TheIntrepid

What does Mrs. Hemi drive again that you are selling?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: touareg208 on December 01, 2006, 01:40:11 PM
What does Mrs. Hemi drive again that you are selling?
Mrs. Hemi currently drives a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4 door.

ifcar

Why don't you visit a certain thread and find out? :devil:

EDIT: Dammit, you made it too easy for him.

SJ_GTI

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics.  :ohyeah:

I think I already explained why I like the freestyle so I won't blather on again, except to say its drives exceptionally well for something that size!  :praise:

The AWD should be nice as well.  :rockon:

SVT666

Yeah.  I'm getting better all-seasons on it as soon as we get it.  The stock tires are shit.

GoCougs

This is the most-neglected American car available.

It simply hasn't gotten the appreciation from the masses nor from the mags IMO as it deserves.

AWD and CVT is great combo.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on December 01, 2006, 01:56:49 PM
Why don't you visit a certain thread and find out? :devil:

EDIT: Dammit, you made it too easy for him.

Bastard. I came up with the idea for that 'certain thread' and now I don't even get credit :banghead:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

They are flying off the lots in Canada.  Their sales have gone through the roof because people are moving from the Explorer to the Freestyle.  It all started when gas prices spiked earlier in the year.

SVT666

.....but I do agree that the Freestyle is largely ignored by the automotive media. :(

ifcar

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on December 01, 2006, 03:19:10 PM
http://ifcar.net/reviews.comparisons.midsizesuvs.1stplace.htm

:praise:
I have to disagree with you on the front seat height.  I found the driver's seat to be perfect in height, but the front passenger seat I found felt too high...and you can't lower it.  Fortunately I will never be riding in the passenger seat.  I just talked to the saleswoman and she is coming by our house on Saturday night to pick up the deposit (she lives a couple blocks away) and I told her about the supercharging story with my wife, so she is going to bring along the Roush catalog as a joke.  It should be funny.

gasoline

-----------------------------------