Chevy HHR Pricing

Started by GMPenguin, May 07, 2005, 09:32:55 AM

GMPenguin

From GM media:

HHR: Great Utility, Stylish Package, Attractive Price
Pricing starts at $15,990

DETROIT ? Chevrolet has announced pricing for the 2006 Chevy HHR, starting at $15,990.

HHR will be offered in three different models. The MSRP for the LS will be $15,990. The MSRP for the HHR 1LT will be $16,990. Pricing for the 2LT will be $18,790. Pricing includes destination and freight charges.

?We believe this competitive pricing will encourage consumers to get to know our all-new, innovative Chevy HHR when it hits the market later this year,? said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.

HHR is designed for consumers who need the storage of a utility, the ride comfort of a car, and styling that lets them stand out from the crowd. The vehicle offers a complete fold-flat interior, from the front passenger area to the liftgate ? large enough to fit an 8? extension ladder.

HHR offers several other convenient storage areas including an auxiliary glove box, two large storage bins behind the rear seat, and holders for plastic bags on the rear compartment bin.

In addition to all the great utility, HHR is offered in vibrant exterior colors including Daytona Blue Metallic, Sunburst Orange II Metallic, Sport Red, Silverstone Metallic and a vehicle exclusive Majestic Amethyst Metallic.

Standard features on the LS and LT models include air conditioning, power windows, door locks and outside mirrors, six-speaker CD stereo with auxiliary input jack for iPods or other devices, and remote keyless entry. Additional features include a driver information center and driver and front passenger frontal air bags. Available options include remote start (standard with an automatic transmission), an upgraded audio system, sunroof with express open and close, and 16? and 17? wheel options. Head curtain side air bags for front- and rear-seat outboard passengers are also optional.

The 1LT model also includes a standard MP3 player, eight-way power seat including power lumbar, a satin exterior finish and cast aluminum wheels. Other available features include a bright chrome exterior trim and a bright exhaust tip, as well as ABS and traction control (traction control only available with automatic transmission).

HHR 2LT standard features include ABS, fog lamps, bright exhaust tip, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, a 260-watt Pioneer sound system with subwoofer, FE3 sport suspension and a bright chrome exterior trim. Seventeen-inch painted aluminum wheels are standard, with optional high polished forged aluminum 17? wheels. Two-level heated leather seats also are available on both LT packages.

HHR production begins in the second quarter in Ramos , Mexico . Vehicles will be in dealerships by late summer. More information about HHR is available on www.chevyhhr.com.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world?s largest automaker, has been the global industry sales leader since 1931. Founded in 1908, GM today employs about 321,000 people around the world. It has manufacturing operations in 32 countries and its vehicles are sold in 200 countries . In 2004, GM sold nearly 9 million cars and trucks globally, up 4 percent and the second-highest total in the company?s history. GM?s global headquarters are at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit . More information on GM can be found at www.gm.com.

TBR

The HHR really looks like a decent vehicle. In person it looks much lower and sportier than you would expect. It should be a success :)

Speed_Racer

Wow, congrats to GM for decently pricing the HHR. I was afraid they would overprice it, quickly turning off potential buyers. BUt, this is really decent.

Personally, I don't like the cars look- they haven't grown on me yet. BUt I can see this attracting a lot of younger buyers looking for space/style.

mazda6er

Helluva lot better than a PT Cruiser, the car with the ugliest steering wheel on the planet:

:angry:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Zcarnut

Well its priced right and looks a hell of alot better than a Scion mini fridge IMO.
Lots of standard features too.We have 15k Cobalts on the lot that dont have any of the power equipment this PT Cruiser rip off has.
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

GMPenguin

QuoteWe have 15k Cobalts on the lot that dont have any of the power equipment this PT Cruiser rip off has.
That's a typo, right?

ifcar

QuoteWe have 15k Cobalts on the lot that dont have any of the power equipment this PT Cruiser rip off has.
That's a typo, right?
He means in price, not inventory.  ;)  

GMPenguin

That's a typo, right?
Ah. :P

We need a different winking smiley, this one looks like it's constipated. ;)  

ifcar

That's a typo, right?
Ah. :P

And the one from your forum doesn't?

GMPenguin

And the one from your forum doesn't?
I can't change mine, and it looks more psychotic than constipated. :P  

SJ_GTI

I just read about this on GMInsidenews.com. I think this is great for Chevy, and I am betting this car will be a hit (relatively speaking). I think for people asking "where is the Cobalt Hatch or Wagon" they have their answer here. I think its a great solution to the wagon-phobia of the US.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

GMPenguin

QuoteI just read about this on GMInsidenews.com. I think this is great for Chevy, and I am betting this car will be a hit (relatively speaking). I think for people asking "where is the Cobalt Hatch or Wagon" they have their answer here. I think its a great solution to the wagon-phobia of the US.
I'd still like to see a Cobalt hatch, even if it's just a concept.

MX793

I still have this gut feeling that GM is a bit late to the game for the retro small wagon-oid.  I'm not sure how well the car will do.  The price seems good, but I have to wonder how many will really jump aboard.  Maybe some former PT owners who like the kind of car but want something different?

Does this thing get classed as a truck or as a car?  I remember there being a bunch of dispute about the classification of the PT.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

GMPenguin

QuoteI still have this gut feeling that GM is a bit late to the game for the retro small wagon-oid.  I'm not sure how well the car will do.  The price seems good, but I have to wonder how many will really jump aboard.  Maybe some former PT owners who like the kind of car but want something different?

Does this thing get classed as a truck or as a car?  I remember there being a bunch of dispute about the classification of the PT.
I agree if they were going to do retro they're a few years late, but it does sound like it will be a good car.

And on C&G it was under Chevy Trucks, but I'd call it a wagon. :blink:

BMWDave

Some pics of the HHR at the NYIAS:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

It was on raised platform so it was hard to take a picture of it:

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

Is that the same steering wheel as the Z06 or the Matrix/Vibe?

BMWDave

QuoteIs that the same steering wheel as the Z06 or the Matrix/Vibe?
Its funny, it looks like a Z06 steering wheel.  That is a bit awkward for Z06 owners.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Its funny, it looks like a Z06 steering wheel.  That is a bit awkward for Z06 owners.
That's the Z06 wheel, also going into the Malibu. It will hopefully eventually replace the Malibu-et-al wheel in all of its uses (including the standard Corvette).  

280Z Turbo

Good. I'm not a fan of the Decapitated Pilsbury Doughboy steering wheel.

SJ_GTI

To be fair, it first showed up in the Solstice.

And anyway, a good wheel design is a good wheel design is a good wheel design. As long as it matches the overall feel of the interior, steering wheels just need to look good and feel good, as they are the primary interface with the driver.

This wheel is pretty similar to what's in my Audi actually...

BMWDave

To be fair, it first showed up in the Solstice.

And anyway, a good wheel design is a good wheel design is a good wheel design. As long as it matches the overall feel of the interior, steering wheels just need to look good and feel good, as they are the primary interface with the driver.

This wheel is pretty similar to what's in my Audi actually...

Sort of.

I do think that no matter how good the steering wheel is, GM should differentiate it a bit so that a 18K dollar car doesnt have the same steering wheel as a 65K car.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

I would agree if they were dropping Cadillac wheels into Chevy's, but this is a wheel shared within Chevy. The Vette, for all its worth, is still a Chevy. Sharing inocuous things like a steering wheel isn't a bad idea, as long as its a good wheel. My previous car's steering wheel (Z3) was almost identical to an M5 steering wheel.

ifcar

QuoteI would agree if they were dropping Cadillac wheels into Chevy's....

How about Saturns?

SJ_GTI

How about Saturns?

Bastards!!!!

:blink:  

GMPenguin

How about Saturns?

Bastards!!!!

With the direction they are making Saturn go, I don't think it's a terrible idea.

ifcar

How about Saturns?

Bastards!!!!

With the direction they are making Saturn go, I don't think it's a terrible idea.
Except that the Vue didn't go in any new direction.  

GMPenguin

How about Saturns?

Bastards!!!!

True, but at the time it was probably the one I'd pick the first.

ifcar

How about Saturns?

Bastards!!!!

True, but at the time it was probably the one I'd pick the first.
You mean 2004?

There is nothing in that car except for the Honda V6 that would even remotely suggest that Cadillac parts belong there.