2006 Volvo C70 Revealed!

Started by BMWDave, June 03, 2005, 03:04:46 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

93JC

Don't care for the badonkadonk boota?.

It looks big, whereas the old one looked fairly svelte.

BMWDave

QuoteDon't care for the badonkadonk boota?.

It looks big, whereas the old one looked fairly svelte.
I dont think these are the best quality pictures, but from now I liked the rendering that was floating around the internet better.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

The rear is bloated and stretched out, while the front looks too much like the S40's.  

BMWDave

QuoteThe rear is bloated and stretched out, while the front looks too much like the S40's.
Hopefully in other pictures it will look better.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

QuoteDon't care for the badonkadonk boota?.
:lol:

This is a hardtop convertible?

Raza

The grille is too small, the ass is too big, and I hate hard top convertibles.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

QuoteThe grille is too small, the ass is too big, and I hate hard top convertibles.
I personally don't consider a hardtop to be a great merit, but it isn't a con imho unless it results in an ugly design (Lexus SC430 comes to mind).  

Raza

QuoteThe grille is too small, the ass is too big, and I hate hard top convertibles.
I personally don't consider a hardtop to be a great merit, but it isn't a con imho unless it results in an ugly design (Lexus SC430 comes to mind).
That and the SLK are two I don't mind.

But I hate hard top convertibles because they add weight and eat up more storage than a soft top.  Hell, I don't even really car for power soft tops too much.  I love the manual tops, like the one on the MR2.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

But I hate hard top convertibles because they add weight and eat up more storage than a soft top.  Hell, I don't even really car for power soft tops too much.  I love the manual tops, like the one on the MR2.
Good points, though in cars that aren't really meant to be sports cars (SC430, SL-class, and this C70) the added weight really isn't a problem. However, the lack of luggage space is ridiculous.  

Raza

Good points, though in cars that aren't really meant to be sports cars (SC430, SL-class, and this C70) the added weight really isn't a problem. However, the lack of luggage space is ridiculous.
Weight is always an issue.  It affects absolutely every aspect of the car's performance and safety characteristics.  Acceleration, handling, braking, gas mileage...all that good stuff.  I recently drove a 911 with under 200bhp, and it was fast, fun, and handled wonderfully...if more cars weighed as little as that, we wouldn't need 500HP, 4000 pound "sport" sedans.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Weight is always an issue.  It affects absolutely every aspect of the car's performance and safety characteristics.  Acceleration, handling, braking, gas mileage...all that good stuff.  I recently drove a 911 with under 200bhp, and it was fast, fun, and handled wonderfully...if more cars weighed as little as that, we wouldn't need 500HP, 4000 pound "sport" sedans.
I don't think we need 400-500 hp sports sedans now. I have a hard time believing that the typical SC430 or Sl500 owner would even notice the extra weight.  

Raghavan

it looks ok. the back isn't that bad.

CaseyNPham

Is it just me or is the car tilting to one side on the second picture?

Besides, that, I think it's really nice.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

TBR

QuoteIs it just me or is the car tilting to one side on the second picture?

It isn't just you, I believe the front left tire is on a curb or something, causing the whole car to slant.  

BMWDave

QuoteIs it just me or is the car tilting to one side on the second picture?

It isn't just you, I believe the front left tire is on a curb or something, causing the whole car to slant.
Yes, I noticed that too.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

This in from Edmunds.

We've seen heavily camouflaged prototypes of Volvo's upcoming C50 convertible before, but a recent commercial shoot in Florida gave us a look at the 2007 Volvo C50 in full production trim. Although it looks a lot like the current C70 convertible, Volvo hopes that the slightly smaller C50 will appeal to a younger audience that might otherwise opt for Audi's A4 cabriolet or the upcoming BMW 3 Series convertible.

Not only do these pictures reveal the C50's smooth profile, they also expose a feature we've suspected all along ? a retractable hardtop. This would allow the C50 to effectively replace both the C70 convertible and the now defunct C70 coupe in Volvo's lineup. It would also give the C50 the enviable position as the least expensive hardtop convertible on the market.

Built on the same platform as the S40 sedan, the C50 will likely share the S40's 2.5-liter, five-cylinder engine. The C50 looks to have roughly the same overall dimensions as well so rear passenger space will be tight, but usable. A new airbag system will give the C50 full head protection despite the lack of a fixed roof, a feature currently offered only in the 2005 Porsche Boxster.

Look for the C50 to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, with U.S. sales beginning next spring.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I hate hardtop convertibles.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

QuoteI hate hardtop convertibles.
I believe we have been through this already...

cozmik

I think you mentioned that.

Overall, I'm not really feelin this one. The S40 is really small, as a convertible it will be even smaller. The lines look odd too.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

I am still holding out opinion on this until I see one in person.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteI am still holding out opinion on this until I see one in person.
That's probably smart.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

I think you mentioned that.

Overall, I'm not really feelin this one. The S40 is really small, as a convertible it will be even smaller. The lines look odd too.
I felt it beared repeating.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i