Pics: Another Ranger facelift

Started by ifcar, June 04, 2005, 05:52:06 AM

ifcar

Catman

Couldn't even recognize it!  Watch out Tacoma and Frontier, here comes the Ranger! <_<  

ifcar

QuoteCouldn't even recognize it!  Watch out Tacoma and Frontier, here comes the Ranger! <_<
But it has all-new "contemporary" badging!  

Catman

QuoteCouldn't even recognize it!? Watch out Tacoma and Frontier, here comes the Ranger! <_<
LOL.  And just how did I miss the updated side mirrirs? :o  I did notice the hot, chrome exhaust tip however! :rolleyes:  

Fire It Up

QuoteCouldn't even recognize it!  Watch out Tacoma and Frontier, here comes the Ranger! <_<
LOL.  And just how did I miss the updated side mirrirs? :o  I did notice the hot, chrome exhaust tip however! :rolleyes:
dUde its got a rAnger winshEild bAnna!!!!11 dAts one d0pe ride!

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Lorinser

QuoteCouldn't even recognize it!? Watch out Tacoma and Frontier, here comes the Ranger! <_<
Don't forget about those rugged wheel lip mouldings! :P  

GMPenguin

280Z Turbo

Isn't this essentially the same truck as in my sig? :rolleyes:

I was at a local auto show a while back and I could recognize the stamping inside of the bed. After 20+ years, it's still the same.

Ford needs to update this thing. NOW! It needs more than a low price and tidy dimensions to hold its own in the pickup truck market.

giant_mtb

It's a big improvement, IMO.  Looks a lot more like it's bigger sibling. (F-150)  It's a supple yet somewhat big improvement and I think it will help it sell.  I feel alone on that, though...none of you guys seem to really like it...  :rolleyes:  

TBR

Is the the 5th or 6th facelift for the 2nd gen Ranger? Either way, nothing major, in fact, I prefer the previous look.

ifcar

QuoteIs the the 5th or 6th facelift for the 2nd gen Ranger? Either way, nothing major, in fact, I prefer the previous look.
I believe it was facelifted for 1998, 2001, 2004, and 2006 (or at least one year close to each of those).

BMWDave

QuoteIsn't this essentially the same truck as in my sig? :rolleyes:

I was at a local auto show a while back and I could recognize the stamping inside of the bed. After 20+ years, it's still the same.

Ford needs to update this thing. NOW! It needs more than a low price and tidy dimensions to hold its own in the pickup truck market.
Agreed.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

QuoteIs the the 5th or 6th facelift for the 2nd gen Ranger? Either way, nothing major, in fact, I prefer the previous look.
I believe it was facelifted for 1998, 2001, 2004, and 2006 (or at least one year close to each of those).
That sounds about right, though it also got a new interior in 1995.  

hahn

I've always liked the Ranger.  To me, it's a good looking truck, and would do everything that I need.

I'd rather have a Taco or a Frontier, but the Ranger is a heck of lot cheaper to buy used.

TBR

QuoteI've always liked the Ranger.  To me, it's a good looking truck, and would do everything that I need.

I'd rather have a Taco or a Frontier, but the Ranger is a heck of lot cheaper to buy used.
I agree that it is good looking and a good value (especially used), but it is a bit rough around the edges compared to the newer models.  

thewizard16

QuoteI've always liked the Ranger.  To me, it's a good looking truck, and would do everything that I need.

There's generally a reason for that, though.  :blink:  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

hahn

QuoteI've always liked the Ranger.  To me, it's a good looking truck, and would do everything that I need.

I had a Ranger that made it to 145K before I sold it, and I know of a few that are over 200K miles.

Take care of them and they will last a while.

And, who cares about rough around the edges?  It's a truck, it's made to haul things and get dirty.

If you want carlike ride and handling and interior, buy a car.

giant_mtb

QuoteI've always liked the Ranger.  To me, it's a good looking truck, and would do everything that I need.

I had a Ranger that made it to 145K before I sold it, and I know of a few that are over 200K miles.

And, who cares about rough around the edges?  It's a truck, it's made to haul things and get dirty.

Or a Ridgeline.  :P  

hahn

I said buy a car, thus including the Ridgeline.

:P  

giant_mtb

I said buy a car, thus including the Ridgeline.

:P
Nice.  :lol:  

TBR

No doubt, the Ranger is one of the most durable vehicles on the market.  

thewizard16

The 94 Ranger we had ran fine, but it got terrible mileage and burnt oil. My comment was not based on this though, it was based on the interior absolutely falling apart in about 3 years (late 90s Expedition syndrome-ish). I don't expect a car interior and certainly not a car ride, but I do want something that fits together well, is of decent quality, and doesn't come apart. The Ranger is a cheap truck, and is built accordingly, and I'd just rather buy a used something else if that's the price range I were shopping in if I needed a truck.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

Are you sure? That would be the second-gen's second year on the market, they wouldn't update it that quickly.  

TBR

Are you sure? That would be the second-gen's second year on the market, they wouldn't update it that quickly.
First, that was the 3rd year. Second, that is definitely right, "1995 Ford Ranger: Rangers gained a fresh interior complete with a driver-side airbag" ( from ). The 1993 and 1994 had the same interior as the first gen, the 1995 got pretty much the same interior we currently have.  

ifcar

That makes sense then, it wasn't like an interior design lasted only for three years. They simply redid it to fit in airbags.

TBR

QuoteThat makes sense then, it wasn't like an interior design lasted only for three years. They simply redid it to fit in airbags.
Exactly.