Honda's New V10 is in development.

Started by Yokolo, December 07, 2006, 07:02:09 PM

Yokolo

Hello Everyone. Long time reader of CD and Carspin Forums. I currently live in Japan, and just wanted to let you guys in the latest rumors from this side of the world.

According to Best Car, Honda seems to be nearing completion of their new 4.5L 500hp V10.? Honda will use this engine on the new front engined NSX in order to compete directly with toyota's 550hp 5.0L? new engine.
Best Car said that it's introduction is scheduled for next's year Tokyo auto show.

Hopefully all these awesome engines will live up to the hype, and some of that new tech will make it's way to lower tier cars.

gasoline

Quote from: Yokolo on December 07, 2006, 07:02:09 PM
Hello Everyone. Long time reader of CD and Carspin Forums. I currently live in Japan, and just wanted to let you guys in the latest rumors from this side of the world.

According to Best Car, Honda seems to be nearing completion of their new 4.5L 500hp V10.  Honda will use this engine on the new front engined NSX in order to compete directly with toyota's 550hp 5.0L  new engine.
Best Car said that it's introduction is scheduled for next's year Tokyo auto show.

Hopefully all these awesome engines will live up to the hype, and some of that new tech will make it's way to lower tier cars.

Welcome! Nice to have you here!
I hope you can post a lot.
  :ohyeah:

Is it this?

-----------------------------------

Yokolo

Yup! that's the article I just read the other day.

giant_mtb

Certainly doesn't look like an NSX to me.  :huh:  Looks like a Ferrari 575 and a MB SLK or something mixed together.

Yokolo

Thanks a lot for the welcome, I will try to post lots.

Oh, I guess the design itself will be introduced in detroit. My mistake. Anyway.....Nice to be in the forums, bear with me as I learn to use all the forum functions and such.

JYODER240

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 07, 2006, 07:14:46 PM
Certainly doesn't look like an NSX to me.? :huh:? Looks like a Ferrari 575 and a MB SLK or something mixed together.

Asia copies off the rest of the world when it comes to design, big surprise :banghead:

I wish it was still mid-engine though.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on December 07, 2006, 08:28:47 PM
Asia copies off the rest of the world when it comes to design, big surprise :banghead:

I wish it was still mid-engine though.

That's a stupid statement. All car companies have been copying off of each other for decades. Except maybe for some of the French companies, there isn't a lot of originality in any design cureently sold.

Anyways, a mid-engine car would be cooler, but they also scare off a lot of people. a front-engined 2+2 GT would be a much bigger seller.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 07, 2006, 08:36:29 PM
That's a stupid statement. All car companies have been copying off of each other for decades. Except maybe for some of the French companies, there isn't a lot of originality in any design cureently sold.

Anyways, a mid-engine car would be cooler, but they also scare off a lot of people. a front-engined 2+2 GT would be a much bigger seller.

Asain manufacturers have been alot more blantent about it. Just look at the stuff coming out of China right now.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

I like it, but I actually like the GT-R a lot more right now.  We'll see how the production versions come out.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sandertheshark

That doesn't look too original, and it doesn't look like an NSX.  But with a 500hp V10, I'll take it.  And since when is Toyota's 5.0L 550hp??

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on December 07, 2006, 08:45:23 PM
Asain manufacturers have been alot more blantent about it. Just look at the stuff coming out of China right now.

Don't confuse Japan with China, please. Do you really think Chery and Honqqi are on par with Honda or Toyota?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 07, 2006, 10:10:15 PM
Don't confuse Japan with China, please. Do you really think Chery and Honqqi are on par with Honda or Toyota?

Honda and Toyota definently build much better cars. But I do think that Japanese companies such as Honda and Toyota copy some of their designs from Europe. At least more than other other manufacturers.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on December 07, 2006, 10:14:43 PM
Honda and Toyota definently build much better cars. But I do think that Japanese companies such as Honda and Toyota copy some of their designs from Europe. At least more than other other manufacturers.

Copy? No.

Are influenced by? Of course they are; but they have been stylistic leaders in their own right as well just as often.

JYODER240

Quote from: Soup DeVille on December 07, 2006, 10:17:16 PM
Copy? No.

Are influenced by? Of course they are; but they have been stylistic leaders in their own right as well just as often.

Well I disagree but to each his own i guess.

mazda6er

Hey guys when it comes to Honda and exterior design nowadays, you have to take what you can get. I'm just glad it's not hideous.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SVT666

I can't believe I'm actually going to say this about a Honda:  That's a really sweet looking ride.  Not quite as nice as I would expect of a car that is going to cost as much as it will cost, but really nice nonetheless.

sportyaccordy

I hear the next NSX will draw design influences from the 1st generation Odyssey, as well as the 1984 Subaru Brat.

sandertheshark

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 08, 2006, 09:50:41 AM
I hear the next NSX will draw design influences from the 1st generation Odyssey, as well as the 1984 Subaru Brat.
Nice to know some things never change... :banghead:

heelntoe

to me, it looks more like the S2000 more than anything else.
they way honda seems to be designing nowadays, i'll wait till i actually see one to decide if i like it or not.
@heelntoe

J86

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 08, 2006, 09:50:41 AM

Sweet- I love the Brat!

SVT_Power

If they know Toyota's powerplant is gonna make 550hp, why not at least match them? :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna