Went to check out a 9-7x

Started by cozmik, June 04, 2005, 04:04:55 PM

TBR

QuoteI know you didn't mean Statement 3, but it was certainly a logical statement to be drawn from what you said. You have to admit that saying that someone's "blindness shines forth" when discussing their opinion on styling, and then pointing out that everyone is entitled to their own opinion is a bit ironic.
All right..."I think that the Kia Sephia looks more elegant than a Rolls"...if I said that you'd also say that my "blindness shines forth."  

I'll ask you Ifcar, you think its feasible for someone to say the 9-7x is sportier looking than an X5?  I mean, thats streching the boundaries of logical thought, but I repeat, he is entitled to his opinion.
Kia Spectra vs. Rolls? Certainly. But two cars that are admittedly close together, which people obviously have different (but still reasonable) views about, absolutely not.

And of course someone could say that the 9-7X looks sportier than the X5. I wouldn't agree with it, but it's not a ridiculous idea.
Thank you. I don't understand how the X5 looks any sportier than the 9-7x, it is a lot higher off of the ground and in profile the front points up much more.
The X5 has sort of an eagar, leaning-forward stance to it, and the fender bulges add something to look at on the side of the car, separating it better from the mainstream.
Yeah, I see that, but the 9-7x also has some pretty nice fender bulges.
Unless I'm missing something, there are some plastic pieces tacked on the fenders, but that's it. The X5's sheetmetal is changed, and over a sizeable area.
Maybe the closeness to the ground make them look fatter or something.
They all look about the same height from the ground though.
In the pictures they do, but in person the 9-7x looks much closer to the ground.
I saw it at the Auto Show, and while it looked sporty, it is by no means sportier looking than a X5, IMO.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.  

BMWDave

QuoteI know you didn't mean Statement 3, but it was certainly a logical statement to be drawn from what you said. You have to admit that saying that someone's "blindness shines forth" when discussing their opinion on styling, and then pointing out that everyone is entitled to their own opinion is a bit ironic.
All right..."I think that the Kia Sephia looks more elegant than a Rolls"...if I said that you'd also say that my "blindness shines forth."  

I'll ask you Ifcar, you think its feasible for someone to say the 9-7x is sportier looking than an X5?  I mean, thats streching the boundaries of logical thought, but I repeat, he is entitled to his opinion.
Kia Spectra vs. Rolls? Certainly. But two cars that are admittedly close together, which people obviously have different (but still reasonable) views about, absolutely not.

And of course someone could say that the 9-7X looks sportier than the X5. I wouldn't agree with it, but it's not a ridiculous idea.
Thank you. I don't understand how the X5 looks any sportier than the 9-7x, it is a lot higher off of the ground and in profile the front points up much more.
The X5 has sort of an eagar, leaning-forward stance to it, and the fender bulges add something to look at on the side of the car, separating it better from the mainstream.
Yeah, I see that, but the 9-7x also has some pretty nice fender bulges.
Unless I'm missing something, there are some plastic pieces tacked on the fenders, but that's it. The X5's sheetmetal is changed, and over a sizeable area.
Maybe the closeness to the ground make them look fatter or something.
They all look about the same height from the ground though.
In the pictures they do, but in person the 9-7x looks much closer to the ground.
I saw it at the Auto Show, and while it looked sporty, it is by no means sportier looking than a X5, IMO.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
Perfectly normal ;)  :)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I agree that I'm right and no one else is.  

mazda6er

That was worth a laugh. There was a lot of "blindness shining forth" in this thread
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

mazda6er

QuoteIt's about as sporty as my Sequoia. <_<
And your Sequoia, Catman, is molto sporty.  ;)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer