Wimmer, Pommes-t, M?nich, Ingolstadt must be very proud now. German car ownage!

Started by Andaluz, December 14, 2006, 05:37:51 AM

Andaluz

It's not often you see luxury saloons racing in a wet race track. Strange they didn't use the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. :huh:

The Audi is the heaviest and the least powerful car. But thanks to the 4WD Quattro, the A8 managed to beat all its rivals around the wet track.

Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Wa8wGZ3Qg

Get out of the bloody way Jaguar!

Sayonara Lexus!

Interesting they have the pre-facelift BMW 7-series (745i) against the new Lexus LS460 and despite having less power the Bimmer still beats it.

Total German car ownage.

SVT_Power

When did the A8 get the styling updates? Looks less elegant than what I remember
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

gasoline

-----------------------------------

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

the Teuton

How would they have done in the dry and why was the S550 excluded?

I wish more car mags/shows would race $80,000 luxury cars like that.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Andaluz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 15, 2006, 06:38:57 AM
Puh, the LS PWNED that POS. :rolleyes:

LEXUS FOR LIFE! :rockon:

That "POS" actually looks and sounds pretty good don't you think?

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 06:44:38 AM
That "POS" actually looks and sounds pretty good don't you think?

BETTER THAN THE SLEEPING PILL KNOWN AS LEXUS LS460. :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

nickdrinkwater

I still like the LS460 even it was last.

It would have been closer in the dry I think.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Andaluz

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 15, 2006, 07:16:34 AM
I still like the LS460 even it was last.

It would have been closer in the dry I think.

You are seriously uncool. :P

Andaluz

Wimmer.

Is not the Lexus LS460 is a bad car, neither the Jaguar XJ-R.

Is just the Audi A8, BMW 7-Series and Mercedes S-Class are all rather a lot better.

BTW: Am I the only one who noticed, the Lexus V8 engine sounds harsh when pushed?

The Audi and BMW at least produce a fierce growling sound; that's nice.

The Jaguar sounds the best I reckon - when pushed, you can hear the whisper of the supercharger; lovely!

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 07:20:42 AM
You are seriously uncool. :P

:lol:

I don't really like Lexus at all.  There's just something about this one that appeals to me.  I think it's because the new S Class and new 7 Series are pretty ugly.

I'd take the XJR I think.

Andaluz

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 15, 2006, 07:53:29 AM

I don't really like Lexus at all.? There's just something about this one that appeals to me.

Cawimmer will hunt me down with an AK-47, shoot me to death and then eat my liver with fava beans and a chianti for saying this...

But I actually like the Lexus IS350 better than the Mercedes C350... :rolleyes: :lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 07:59:57 AM
Cawimmer will hunt me down with an AK-47, shoot me to death and then eat my liver with fava beans and a chianti for saying this...

But I actually like the Lexus IS350 better than the Mercedes C350... :rolleyes: :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mask:

That's a gussied up Toyota! :mask:

But yeah, the IS350 outclasses the C350. But thankfully, the W204 C-Class will give the IS350 an ass-spanking it'll never forgot.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Andaluz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 15, 2006, 08:01:14 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mask:

That's a gussied up Toyota! :mask:

I know it's a gussied up Toyota. I know.

But it looks soooooooooo good... :rolleyes: ;) :mask:

nickdrinkwater

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 08:02:51 AM
I know it's a gussied up Toyota. I know.

But it looks soooooooooo good... :rolleyes: ;) :mask:

This is what someone said on Autospies about the Lexus IS350:

"It looks like a Japanese teenager that got hit by a truck."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Andaluz

^^LOL!^^ :lol:

Wimmer.

I will be very honest with you, because I want to be your friend. Honesty is a bitch, I know. But sometimes you really have to say the truth...and boy does it hurt!

Ok there it goes...

-I was never a huge fan of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. But I never hated it.  :praise:

Some say the C-Class W202 was one of the last "bom-proof" Benzes. But I tell you, it was one the most forgettable Mercedes ever. It looked bland and way too conservative even when it was introduced. With the notable exception of the 36/43 AMG, 280 and 230 Kompressor, the rest of the range was pretty boring - not to mention the utterly, utterly anesthetized C180.

Then the W203 came up; and I said - "Oh good". Until I got in and noticed the somewhat cheap interior, and I went - Oh dear...Sure, the recent facelift improved the interior. And I reckon the W203 Touring is one of the finest looking Estate cars ever. But by the time MB improved the C-Class, there was the Lexus IS coming...a sharper but monumentally ugly BMW 3-Series E90 and the beautifully made, classy as always Audi A4.

I can only hope the next C-Class W204 comes with some pizzaz. Remember the 190E W201? That was a cool car in its days. It was less obvious than the BMW 3-Series E30 and a lot nicer than the advanced, but dowdy Audi 80. Why can't Merc give the same character to the C-Class? So far, though, I am very thankful for the Italians A.K.A? Alfa Romeo 159. :ohyeah:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 08:19:43 AM
^^LOL!^^ :lol:

Wimmer.

I will be very honest with you, because I want to be your friend. Honesty is a bitch, I know. But sometimes you really have to say the truth...and boy does it hurt!

Ok there it goes...

-I was never a huge fan of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. But I never hated it.  :praise:

Some say the C-Class W202 was one of the last "bom-proof" Benzes. But I tell you, it was one the most forgettable Mercedes ever. It looked bland and way too conservative even when it was introduced. With the notable exception of the 36/43 AMG, 280 and 230 Kompressor, the rest of the range was pretty boring - not to mention the utterly, utterly anesthetized C180.

Then the W203 came up; and I said - "Oh good". Until I got in and noticed the somewhat cheap interior, and I went - Oh dear...Sure, the recent facelift improved the interior. And I reckon the W203 Touring is one of the finest looking Estate cars ever. But by the time MB improved the C-Class, there was the Lexus IS coming...a sharper but monumentally ugly BMW 3-Series E90 and the beautifully made, classy as always Audi A4.

I can only hope the next C-Class W204 comes with some pizzaz. Remember the 190E W201? That was a cool car in its days. It was less obvious than the BMW 3-Series E30 and a lot nicer than the advanced, but dowdy Audi 80. Why can't Merc give the same character to the C-Class? So far, though, I am very thankful for the Italians A.K.A  Alfa Romeo 159. :ohyeah:

Don't worry about it. I'm not going to hate you or dump you as a friend just because you don't like the C-Class. I agree with you, except that the W202 C-Class was a pretty sweet car. C180's may not be the car for enthusiasts, or the most refined (before the facelift), but they weren't bad either. I've driven them (W202 and W203) and they're quite agile. On the current W203, I actually find the C180K / C200K more appealing than the C230, C280 or C350.  :ohyeah:

MODS, can we ban Andaluz for calling the C-Class ugly?  :lol: :lol: :lol: <---- Sound familiar?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Andaluz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 15, 2006, 08:34:29 AM

MODS, can we ban Andaluz for calling the C-Class ugly?? :lol: :lol: :lol: <---- Sound familiar?

And guess what...

I still think the 3-Series E90 looks like and so are those ugly rolling turd twins they call the X3 and X5. And just for the record, the 6-Series Cabrio still looks fugly IMO. :devil:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 08:47:38 AM
And guess what...

I still think the 3-Series E90 looks like and so are those ugly rolling turd twins they call the X3 and X5. And just for the record, the 6-Series Cabrio still looks fugly IMO. :devil:

Thank God you ain't on GCZ. They'd ban you for saying that.

Oh wait, THEY DID.  :lol: :P

www.wimmerfotografie.de

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Andaluz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 15, 2006, 09:08:24 AM

Thank God you ain't on GCZ. They'd ban you for saying that.

Oh wait, THEY DID.? :lol: :P

Yeah...oh well...it's hard to please Greeks, Trojans and Swedes.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on December 15, 2006, 09:12:19 AM
Yeah...oh well...it's hard to please Greeks, Trojans and Swedes.

I'm cool with Yannis and Tycoon. JM get's a little upset when BMW is slammed - even a little bit. :rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de