Viper-powered Jeep

Started by Run Away, June 05, 2005, 07:31:53 PM

BMWDave

QuoteThe intense part about high speed motorcycle riding would be the drag and aerodynamics that play on your body. Lift your head an inch and the wind would probably try to rip your helmet off at those speeds.

I'd just be hoping my wheels and tires are balenced.
I remember reading a story of a guy who went 220 mph on his Hayabusa and then when he got to 140 mph he sat up because it felt like he was crawling (since he went 220) and when he sat up he said he felt like a refridgerator had been thrown full force at his chest. :o
Where exactly do you go 220 mph on a motorcyle? I hope it wasn't on a public highway.
It was at a abandoned airbase somewhere in the world, cant remember where.  Probably Russia.
Good, you would have to be really stupid to try that on a public road.
I've seen a movie of someone doing 220 on a public road also.  I'll try to find the video.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Run Away

QuoteThe intense part about high speed motorcycle riding would be the drag and aerodynamics that play on your body. Lift your head an inch and the wind would probably try to rip your helmet off at those speeds.

I'd just be hoping my wheels and tires are balenced.
I remember reading a story of a guy who went 220 mph on his Hayabusa and then when he got to 140 mph he sat up because it felt like he was crawling (since he went 220) and when he sat up he said he felt like a refridgerator had been thrown full force at his chest. :o
Where exactly do you go 220 mph on a motorcyle? I hope it wasn't on a public highway.
It was at a abandoned airbase somewhere in the world, cant remember where.  Probably Russia.
Good, you would have to be really stupid to try that on a public road.
I've seen a movie of someone doing 220 on a public road also.  I'll try to find the video.
There's a shop called Chaos Tunning or something, anyways they make a turbo kit for the Haybusa. Makes 600hp, there's a video of it ripping around on a highway. The speedometer moves faster than the tach, it's scary.

R33 GT-R

Doing 140 on a motorcycle is really childs play, the hair doesn't stand up on my neck till around 185.  The bike feels solid as a rock but your mind starts playing tricks on you like holy shit my body is moving 185 mph and I have no protection.  I was on a long stretch between Baton Rouge and Lafayette on I10 and I opened up a Hayabusa to the 200mph mark.  As soon as I saw the bike register 200 on the speedo I backed out, I don't advise sitting up past 170 or it will take you off the bike.  The Hayabusa is just such a solid ride that doing 80 feels like your going 35, with all the power you want on tap it's hard to keep it under 120.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!