Viper-powered Jeep

Started by Run Away, June 05, 2005, 07:31:53 PM

TBR

It would also be an easy way to get killed. . 450hp, a short wheelbase, and a high center of gravity is never a good combination.  

Run Away

I can think of easier ways that I'd like to try. ;)

500hp actually, too. :D

But I don't think it would be that dangerous, as it obviously won't be reaching high speeds, only accelerating faster. Most of the acceleration will just be turned into wheelspin.

Besides, that's what the rollcage is for.

TBR

QuoteI can think of easier ways that I'd like to try. ;)

500hp actually, too. :D

But I don't think it would be that dangerous, as it obviously won't be reaching high speeds, only accelerating faster. Most of the acceleration will just be turned into wheelspin.

Besides, that's what the rollcage is for.
I didn't actually check the article, I just assumed it was the 8.0l Viper engine, not the 8.3l. And, I suppose the roll cage would do a good job of protecting you, but, still, what is the point?

Run Away

'Cause it'd be fucking fun, that's the point!
Gotta have some excitement in your life...

Fire It Up

I wonder how much that cost to make...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

QuoteIt would also be an easy way to get killed. . 450hp, a short wheelbase, and a high center of gravity is never a good combination.
Basically what I'm thinking.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Run Away

Bunch of prudes. You're all going ot be driving volvo station wagons by the age of 40.

BMWDave

QuoteBunch of prudes. You're all going ot be driving volvo station wagons by the age of 40.
You want fun, buy a Viper.  A Viper engine doesnt make a Jeep any more fun.  Jeeps are for off road.

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

So some guy with mucho money spends all this time building the ultimate jeep only to sell it after 5,000 miles???

Looks fun as hell though :praise:  

Run Away

A Viper engine doesnt make a Jeep any more fun.
I can guarantee you that if you take a normal CJ-7 and this Viper powered one, you'll have more fun in the Viper powered one.

Secret Chimp

$82,000??? Somebody's in it for the novelty for sure, because that's more or less a new Viper right there.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

giant_mtb

QuoteI wonder how much that cost to make...
According to the article it cost 100,000...  

R33 GT-R

This thing is awesome, 500hp with Dana 60 axles which can handle the power as well as much larger tires.  I don't think I would like to mud in it much but put on larger tires and air down for some fun like you wouldn't believe in the sand.  I bet you could throw rooster tails 30ft into the air with that bad boy.  It wouldn't be good for rock crawling for me with the weight of the motor a small diesel would be better for that but sand and high speed mud bogs would be rank.  They did build the ultimate jeep, without a doubt.  Custom Dana 60 axles will cost around 7k each, some rockwell 2 1/2 tons would have been a nice touch as well but it would have been much heavier.  That's a very nice setup.
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

giant_mtb

It only goes 140 MPH.
 :rolleyes:  :P  

Fire It Up

QuoteIt only goes 140 MPH.
 :rolleyes:  :P
Driving that at 140 would be scary as hell.  

giant_mtb

QuoteIt only goes 140 MPH.
  :rolleyes:  :P
Driving that at 140 would be scary as hell.
Yeah...almost as scary as it probably is to ride a motorcycle at 140...  :o  

Run Away

I'd think a motorcycle would feel pretty good at 140....
Afterall, the faster you go on a motorcycle, the more stable it is.

giant_mtb

That's true...but the thought of "one slip and I'm done for" is also probably racing through the average person's mind if they go 140 on a motorcycle...  :P  

Run Away

The intense part about high speed motorcycle riding would be the drag and aerodynamics that play on your body. Lift your head an inch and the wind would probably try to rip your helmet off at those speeds.

I'd just be hoping my wheels and tires are balenced.

giant_mtb

I've gone 50 MPH on a bike (a guy clocked me in his car) and it's very hard to turn the wheel to steer...at those speeds you have to lean to turn more than turn the handlebars...it's crazy.  The wheels act just like gyroscopes and it's even hard just to lean.  It's a rush...especially when you pass semi-trucks goin down a hill...with nothing but a helmet and gloves on.  :lol:  :lol:  

Run Away

I've gone probably about that down the steepest hill I could find.
I timed myself, then with the car measure the distance. I averaged about 75km/h down the hill, so my top speed at the bottom was around that.

Your eyes water like crazy.:P

giant_mtb

They sure do...unless you have sunglasses on.  :praise:   This hill that I do it on (I ride it every day...up it as well) isn't even all that steep...probably a 5 or 7 degree downslope...but it's very long so you get spinning in your highest gear as if you're spinning in first.  :P  I think it's actually a half mile long...almost exactly .5 miles, actually.

Run Away

This was the steepest (paved) hill I've found in my life I think.
It was in Alberta in a campground in the middle of the praries. There was a river at the bottom, so it was more like a huge hole in the ground.

giant_mtb

lol  Yeah...steep hills are fun...acceleration to the max!  :P  

Fire It Up

My steep hills are short, :angry:

BMWDave

QuoteThe intense part about high speed motorcycle riding would be the drag and aerodynamics that play on your body. Lift your head an inch and the wind would probably try to rip your helmet off at those speeds.

I remember reading a story of a guy who went 220 mph on his Hayabusa and then when he got to 140 mph he sat up because it felt like he was crawling (since he went 220) and when he sat up he said he felt like a refridgerator had been thrown full force at his chest. :o  

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteThe intense part about high speed motorcycle riding would be the drag and aerodynamics that play on your body. Lift your head an inch and the wind would probably try to rip your helmet off at those speeds.

I remember reading a story of a guy who went 220 mph on his Hayabusa and then when he got to 140 mph he sat up because it felt like he was crawling (since he went 220) and when he sat up he said he felt like a refridgerator had been thrown full force at his chest. :o
Where exactly do you go 220 mph on a motorcyle? I hope it wasn't on a public highway.  

BMWDave

Where exactly do you go 220 mph on a motorcyle? I hope it wasn't on a public highway.
It was at a abandoned airbase somewhere in the world, cant remember where.  Probably Russia.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

It was at a abandoned airbase somewhere in the world, cant remember where.  Probably Russia.
Good, you would have to be really stupid to try that on a public road.