Lincoln MKR

Started by SVT666, December 22, 2006, 10:58:01 AM

SVT666

cawimmer430

The front looks a little BMWish, but overall, not bad at all. Very HQ and premium looking.  :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MX793

That would look badass in black.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

It looks awful, and vaguely familiar.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

autom?vel

Shoot, they took it down before I could see it.   :tounge:
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

TheIntrepid

I am liking :praise: I saw this earlier on another website from a guy at school... it was cool.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

giant_mtb

Can't see the pic on the website and Google turns up absolutely nothing.  :lockedup:

omicron

Oh for fuck's sake, Lincoln. Go away until you come up with something good - instead of this fat ass piece of shit.

omicron

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on December 23, 2006, 12:36:02 AM
Oh for fuck's sake, Lincoln. Go away until you come up with something good - instead of this fat ass piece of shit.

LMAO :lol:

You're mean.  :nono: :devil:

Reserve the bashing for Toyota/Lexus.
:lol: :rockon:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Catman

I like some aspects of it.  Needs work though. :(

autom?vel

Any chance that's a bad photoshop? 
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

sportyaccordy

Why bother with these concept cars on 24" wheels and 3" high windows when the production model will look nowhere as intense? This is why I like companies like BMW and Nissan, because at least their concepts retain the stock bodies so you know what to expect. Offhand I remember the XVL, E60 M5 Concept and the Z Concept being exciting and plausible for production. AFAIC I still have no idea what the car is gonna look like...why even bother making this? That's money that could have went to making the car better[/RANT]

MX793

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 23, 2006, 08:36:38 AM
Why bother with these concept cars on 24" wheels and 3" high windows when the production model will look nowhere as intense? This is why I like companies like BMW and Nissan, because at least their concepts retain the stock bodies so you know what to expect. Offhand I remember the XVL, E60 M5 Concept and the Z Concept being exciting and plausible for production. AFAIC I still have no idea what the car is gonna look like...why even bother making this? That's money that could have went to making the car better[/RANT]

Outrageous concepts seem to be an American tradition dating back 50 years or so.  Look back at American concept cars from the jet age (like GM's Firebird gas turbine concepts) and you'll see what I mean.  Totally impractical and destined to never reach production as is.  Maybe a few styling cues might make production here or there, but that's it.  The American companies have seemingly always viewed concept cars as a means of generating buzz as pieces of automotive artwork rather than as a means of presenting realistic ideas of what future models will look like.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

about the only thing exciting about that heap is the engine  :devil:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

sportyaccordy

Quote from: MX793 on December 23, 2006, 12:54:28 PM
Outrageous concepts seem to be an American tradition dating back 50 years or so.  Look back at American concept cars from the jet age (like GM's Firebird gas turbine concepts) and you'll see what I mean.  Totally impractical and destined to never reach production as is.  Maybe a few styling cues might make production here or there, but that's it.  The American companies have seemingly always viewed concept cars as a means of generating buzz as pieces of automotive artwork rather than as a means of presenting realistic ideas of what future models will look like.

Bleh...I think we both understand tradition doesn't always make sense. I don't see the point in pouring dollars, manhours and vital resources into one-off cars that will never see production when the cars you actually make are ass.

And what's with Lincoln and the alphanumerics? I can't even tell the names apart.

MX793

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 23, 2006, 09:59:13 PM
Bleh...I think we both understand tradition doesn't always make sense. I don't see the point in pouring dollars, manhours and vital resources into one-off cars that will never see production when the cars you actually make are ass.

And what's with Lincoln and the alphanumerics? I can't even tell the names apart.

Might explain why the cars they actually make are ass (though improving).  At the very least, it gives the designers and engineers a break from what is seemingly a bean-counter dominated business.

I'm not sure how much is tradition and how much is just because the domestics have a different perspective of what show cars and concepts are for.  There was a time when outrageous showcars got people excited and brought them into dealerships.  I'm not sure how much of an affect they have now.  I remember how Dodge actually moving the Viper into production was a huge deal because typically, awesome concept cars like that from the Big 3 typically never made production, they were just for show and buzz. 

I agree on the Lincoln naming scheme as well.  It's not even alphanumeric, the only distinction between model designations is a single letter (and it's not even the first letter).  The "MK" cars used to just be Lincoln's coupes.  They should have stuck with that.  Zephyr is a great name with far more character and presence than "MKZ".
Needs more Jiggawatts

gasoline

-----------------------------------

Vinsanity

that grille just looks ridiculous. otherwise, Lincoln can definitely stand to have something interesting in their lineup for a change.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 23, 2006, 09:59:13 PM

The CEO was tripping and got absolutely lost in his morning Alpha-Bits.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

The grille is overstated but the overall design of it is nice, I like it.  I like the Logo on the painted section in middle of the nose.

nickdrinkwater

It's nice, but why do concept cars always have such big wheels?

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza on January 01, 2007, 11:04:45 AM
The CEO was tripping and got absolutely lost in his morning Alpha-Bits.

"...L-M-N-O-P. M...K....R???"

SVT666

My least favourite part of the car?  The interior.  It's ugly as shit.  The exterior is gorgeous though.

SVT666

I still wish Ford had built the Forty-Nine concept car.

CaseyNPham

Looks like the Exelero spread its legs for the Sixteen.

And raised its love child well. It's a little funky, but at least it isn't boring. I actually like the interior. However, I think it needs more buttons. ^_~
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Raghavan

Exterior is simply fugly. I hate the huge grille and the squinty headlights. Fugly.
The interior is ok, but i wouldn't want to live with it day in day out.

ChrisV

The grille is a little big, but the rest of the outside looks very good for a sedan. The interior is absolutely stunning, especially way the wood falls down between the seats. Simple, yet artistic in an architectural/high end furniture sort of way.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Tave

*sigh*

Lincoln, just hurry up and die already. Stop teasing us with ideas of cool cars the whole world knows you have no plans to build.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.