C&D: Audi S6 vs BMW M5 (M/T) vs Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

Started by cawimmer430, December 23, 2006, 05:58:11 AM

Hev

///M BMW & ACURA are the greatest automobile manufacturers of all time!

850CSi

Quote from: JYODER240 on January 14, 2007, 11:51:28 PM
I think R&T said the S6 had the best dynamics of the group.

I find that hard to believe considering how heavy it is and how much of that weight is over the front axle.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: 850CSi on January 15, 2007, 05:25:32 PM
I find that hard to believe considering how heavy it is and how much of that weight is over the front axle.

Look at the RS4. The specs make it not a favorable sports sedan in the market it competes in, but Audi somehow engineers it into being an excellent sports sedan.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: 850CSi on January 14, 2007, 12:13:02 PM
No, the Lemon is a cream-ish color:

We don't get that option here in the States.? :banghead: I think it's gorgeous. I remember Tony (SJ_GTI) was looking at an E46 with the lemon interior a few years back.

Actually the E46 I almost bought had a yellow interior, not the lemon. The lemon was new for the E90.

I thought the yellow looked fantastic. Black exterior, mostly black interior, but the seats and door inseats were this faded yellow color. It looked gorgeous. Only problem was that the only E46's they had left were automatics, except one had no options with black/black color combo. I decided to go with Audi at the time because they had a car perfectly optioned the way I wanted it, and besides I was super impressed after my test drive. The E46 was a better sport sedan, but the A4 was impressively close (IMHO) and it offerred all the features I wanted + AWD (which I had never had before). I didn't regret it at all after my purchase.

I did get to check out the lemon interior at the E90 premier event (in Montreal). It was closer to a cream color, but there is still a very minor hint of yellow. Looks great, and it matches exteriors better than the true yellow (which really only worked with black exteriors). I don't think its offerred in the US though. When I was checked out E90's when I moved back I am pretty sure the only interesting interior color option was the terra (brown) leather.

ro51092

Quote from: SJ_GTI on January 15, 2007, 06:40:56 PM
Actually the E46 I almost bought had a yellow interior, not the lemon. The lemon was new for the E90.

I thought the yellow looked fantastic. Black exterior, mostly black interior, but the seats and door inseats were this faded yellow color. It looked gorgeous. Only problem was that the only E46's they had left were automatics, except one had no options with black/black color combo. I decided to go with Audi at the time because they had a car perfectly optioned the way I wanted it, and besides I was super impressed after my test drive. The E46 was a better sport sedan, but the A4 was impressively close (IMHO) and it offerred all the features I wanted + AWD (which I had never had before). I didn't regret it at all after my purchase.

I did get to check out the lemon interior at the E90 premier event (in Montreal). It was closer to a cream color, but there is still a very minor hint of yellow. Looks great, and it matches exteriors better than the true yellow (which really only worked with black exteriors). I don't think its offerred in the US though. When I was checked out E90's when I moved back I am pretty sure the only interesting interior color option was the terra (brown) leather.

Now, whenever anyone asks why I didn't get an E90, I'll direct them to this post.

850CSi

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 15, 2007, 06:28:01 PM
Look at the RS4. The specs make it not a favorable sports sedan in the market it competes in, but Audi somehow engineers it into being an excellent sports sedan.

That's true. But that also depends on what one's definition of 'dynamics'. If lap times are the tell-tale indicator, then yes. Audi's AWD systems put their cars at a wonderful advantage.

But look no further than the Fifth Gear comparison of the M3 and RS4 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uzf1dtYmU).. The M3 couldn't beat the RS4s lap times, but they kept talking on and on about how it's more fun. The Audi was also a lot more prone to understeer.