Worst Accidents

Started by TheIntrepid, January 02, 2007, 08:45:45 AM

Onslaught

I've been hit 9 times in 17 years of driving. And all of them have been other people hitting me. The big one was this old man was coming out of out local church and pulled right out in front of me. I had no place to go because there was a massive ditch on the right and him on the left. He went from the front bumper all the way to the back one on my 1987 B2000 pickup truck. He was in some old big American Cadillac brick looking thing. The guy kept going down the road and didn't know he hit me! When he found out what happened he pissed his pants so I kind of felt bad for him after that. Screwed up my truck big time.

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 02, 2007, 04:46:47 PM
How old are you Hemi, if you don't mind me asking?
30 in two months.

SVT666

Quote from: M_power on January 04, 2007, 03:55:39 PM
I'm about a month away from my 17th. Maybe I'll roll my parents' explorer as well :devil:
I don't recommend it.  Although if you are going to do it, the Explorer is a good choice.  I walked away with just a cut on my hand when I was climbing out the window.

TheIntrepid

:lol: You rolled an Explorer? :clap:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

SVT_Power

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 01, 2007, 03:12:37 PM
At 100 km/h on a logging road. :mask:

Trying abit of rally driving?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Quote from: M_power on March 01, 2007, 03:22:23 PM
Trying abit of rally driving?
Kinda.  A friend of mine told me if I went fast enough I could get some air off a cattleguard.  He meant 70 km/h, but he didn't tell me that.  I was in the air for 43 ft. (as measured by the RCMP) and as soon as I landed I was already at the corner with no time to even steer.  I went off the end of the corner, hit the embankment, went airborne again for another 27 ft where I landed on the roof of the truck half in and half out of the ditch.  I rolled over two more times before coming to a rest on the tires 6 ft from the edge of the road.  The edge of the road was the top of a 30 ft drop.

TheIntrepid

WTF did your parents do to you?

saxonyron

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 01, 2007, 03:38:13 PM
Kinda. A friend of mine told me if I went fast enough I could get some air off a cattleguard. He meant 70 km/h, but he didn't tell me that. I was in the air for 43 ft. (as measured by the RCMP) and as soon as I landed I was already at the corner with no time to even steer. I went off the end of the corner, hit the embankment, went airborne again for another 27 ft where I landed on the roof of the truck half in and half out of the ditch. I rolled over two more times before coming to a rest on the tires 6 ft from the edge of the road. The edge of the road was the top of a 30 ft drop.

Nice!? And you walked away??? That does say something for the Explorer!? I imagine you had your seatbelt on, because a 16 yr old driver a few miles from here did the same basic move in an Explorer but got ejected.? He didn't have a 17th b-day.  :(  I live on a dirt road, and we've had 3 rollovers and 2 T-bones of trees right in front of our house in the past 8 years.  Every one of them piloted by 16 or 17 yr olds.  Seems that it takes a while to learn that dirt road driving dynamics dictate longer stopping distances!   

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

3.0L V6

Haven't wrecked any cars. Spun off a snow covered road at 2am while doing 110km/h on some hick road (limit 50km/h)in the middle of nowhere. I recall coming up to the corner, felt the rear end start to step out, realized I was screwed, briefly saw the trees through my windshield (car was perpindicular to road at that point) and slid into a field. This field was the only stretch where there was no ditch or trees along this road too. So, after coming to a stop after 400' of skidding about 100' from the road, I put it into reverse and backed onto the road.

This was when I was 17. I wasn't exactly at my intellectual peak during these years.

SVT666

Quote from: saxonyron on March 01, 2007, 08:42:26 PM
Nice!? And you walked away??? That does say something for the Explorer!? I imagine you had your seatbelt on, because a 16 yr old driver a few miles from here did the same basic move in an Explorer but got ejected.? He didn't have a 17th b-day.? :(? I live on a dirt road, and we've had 3 rollovers and 2 T-bones of trees right in front of our house in the past 8 years.? Every one of them piloted by 16 or 17 yr olds.? Seems that it takes a while to learn that dirt road driving dynamics dictate longer stopping distances!? ?
I climbed out and cut my hand on some glass.  I then ran 2.5 kms to the nearest house and called my parents.  They both cried and hugged me.  The police didn't press charges either because both my parents and the cops believed that I learned my lesson without being yelled at or charged with anything.  They were right, I never did anything like that again.

TheIntrepid

:confused:

You didn't even get yelled at!?!?!??! WTF!!!

:rolleyes: White people.

Raghavan

yeah, white people piss me off.

TheIntrepid

Raghavan

My parents would've said "Ok, since you didn't die in that accident, be prepared to die when we get home."

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on March 04, 2007, 12:54:42 PM
My parents would've said "Ok, since you didn't die in that accident, be prepared to die when we get home."

Yes...and they definitely wouldn't let me drive again till my wedding day.

Raghavan

Lol, me too.
Or at least till i was out of college and bought my own car.

TheIntrepid

S204STi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 04, 2007, 08:58:16 AM
:confused:

You didn't even get yelled at!?!?!??! WTF!!!

:rolleyes: White people.

WTF is that shit?  So it's suddenly ok to be racist if you aren't caucasian?  Oh man, you don't even want to go there...

Raghavan

Quote from: R-inge on March 06, 2007, 08:39:49 PM
WTF is that shit? So it's suddenly ok to be racist if you aren't caucasian? Oh man, you don't even want to go there...
Nah, it was a joke... And we're saying how nice and a lot more lenient white people generally are over Indians... ;)
No racism intended, at least by me.

S204STi

Quote from: Raghavan on March 06, 2007, 09:18:54 PM
Nah, it was a joke... And we're saying how nice and a lot more lenient white people generally are over Indians... ;)
No racism intended, at least by me.

Alright...sorry for flying off the handle guys.

SVT666

Well my parents realized that I was lucky to be alive and I knew it.? What's the point in yelling at and punishing someone who just about killed themselves.? I learned my lesson.? The truck was replaced through insurance, and I lived.? That's what mattered.? I was so scared to drive after that, so my parents forced me to drive the next day...right past the accident site.? I admit it right here, I cried the whole time I drove through that area.? I'm glad my parents forced me to do that, because it would have been worse if I didn't drive for a couple months.

Maybe white people have better parenting skills :lol: :ohyeah:

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 07, 2007, 08:24:01 AM
Well my parents realized that I was lucky to be alive and I knew it.  What's the point in yelling at and punishing someone who just about killed themselves.  I learned my lesson.  The truck was replaced through insurance, and I lived.  That's what mattered.  I was so scared to drive after that, so my parents forced me to drive the next day...right past the accident site.  I admit it right here, I cried the whole time I drove through that area.  I'm glad my parents forced me to do that, because it would have been worse if I didn't drive for a couple months.

Maybe white people have better parenting skills :lol: :ohyeah:
I hate you. :lol:
My parents wouldn't let me get within ten feet of a car if i did that. :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: R-inge on March 06, 2007, 08:39:49 PM
WTF is that shit?  So it's suddenly ok to be racist if you aren't caucasian? 

Yes it is.

:lol:

I'm just playing Roy. Actually if you have a few brown jokes I'd be glad to hear them. I make enough fun of brown people  myself. Hell, a few days ago I typed that Raghavan's car smells because he's Tamil. :huh:

Raghavan

Dude, Tamil people are t3h b3st.
Besides our parenting skillz. :lol:

S204STi

Quote from: Raghavan on March 07, 2007, 06:06:27 PM
Dude, Tamil people are t3h b3st.
Besides our parenting skillz. :lol:

I will say just to clear things up that I have nothing wrong with Tamil people. ;)

TheIntrepid

Quote from: R-inge on March 07, 2007, 07:09:54 PM
I will say just to clear things up that I have nothing wrong with Tamil people. ;)

Of course you don't. You thought I was being slightly racist and you bitched. :lol: You're a good guy though Roy. I was just about to go make you a sig and then I saw someone already did. I apologize for having forgotten during Economics today.

S204STi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 07, 2007, 07:12:13 PM
Of course you don't. You thought I was being slightly racist and you bitched. :lol: You're a good guy though Roy. I was just about to go make you a sig and then I saw someone already did. I apologize for having forgotten during Economics today.
No worries bro, thanks for the thought!  Raghavan came up with the concept and ChrisV polished up the text.  So Rags deserves most of the credit.

Raghavan

I think you should give me a free ride in the WRX for that. ;) :lol:
Man, I'm so jealous right now. :lol:

sparkplug

I believe in equality. I hate everyone equally.