Worst Accidents

Started by TheIntrepid, January 02, 2007, 08:45:45 AM

S204STi

Quote from: Raghavan on March 07, 2007, 07:44:52 PM
I think you should give me a free ride in the WRX for that. ;) :lol:
Man, I'm so jealous right now. :lol:

Where do you live again?  I'm in Colorado.

Raghavan

California. Kinda far away.

S204STi

Quote from: Raghavan on March 07, 2007, 08:30:51 PM
California. Kinda far away.

Ouch.  Yeah, can't think of any reason to go there either, sorry. :lol: 

Actually would love to go to Yosemite.

Oh, and Hi, Jack! :lol:

nickdrinkwater

White people piss me off, and I'm white...!

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

The worst accident?  My brother and I were going through an intersection that turned right after it, and this asshole in a 2000-ish BMW 740iL hit us on the right rear quarter panel.  It scuffed the paint from his car to ours.  It was dark and it was his fault.  He didn't admit it was his fault so they called it a "no fault" and we both drove off...

TBR

One of my friends had a bad one yesterday.

He was driving on a small road (no center line) with probably a 30mph speed limit when something fell off the seat. Evidently he took his eye off the road to retrieve it and next thing he knew the truck was on its side in a creek. Evidently he drifted off the road and just happened to do so right when the road went over a creek. His truck (a real nice Z71) is likely totaled and no telling what will happen to his insurance, but he's fine.

the Teuton

My mom believes in miracles, and to an extent, I do, too.  About an hour before we got on the road to get back to Pittsburgh after spring break, an SUV was going north (The direction we're going in the pic) when a white truck gave them a NASCAR-style tap because they were going too slow by his standards.  At 70 mph, this sent the SUV across the median where it met head on with a Mustang going 70 mph in the opposite direction. 

This pic is the only thing I could get of the wreckage.  The info I'm telling is only because it apparently made it to the newspaper, so my mom told me.  The only other thing I saw was the Mustang's fender lying in the middle of the highway.  Both the driver of the SUV and the Mustang were killed, and the driver of the white truck has not been found yet.

I had been slow the whole day.  First, we were supposed to be on the road by noon, then 2, then 4 (when this happened), and finally we got out of North Canton at 5.  So sometimes you have to feel a little luck is with you.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

I think my facts were a little off.  In any case, here's the article I found.

GREEN Michael Sill, 63, of Green, was the motorist killed Sunday in a possible hit-and-run wreck on Interstate 77, Summit County authorities said.

Another motorist injured in the wreck, Mark Spreadbury of the 1900 block of Balmore Street NW, Lake Township, was in serious condition Monday at Akron City Hospital, said Summit County sheriff's staff.

Summit County authorities say they still are looking for a third motorist, a man who was driving a white pickup truck, whose actions some witnesses say are responsible for the traffic crash.

According to the sheriff's staff, Sill had been driving a Ford Mustang south on Interstate 77 when the car collided with a sport utility vehicle Spreadbury was driving.

Witnesses told Summit County sheriff's deputies that a white pickup truck bumped the rear of Spreadbury's sport utility vehicle in the northbound lanes of Interstate 77, forcing Spreadbury's vehicle across the highway divider into the southbound lanes.

The pickup truck driver failed to stop. It is not certain if he would face any charges stemming from the wreck.

"The problem is, we don't have all the answers yet," Lt. Shane Barker of the Summit County sheriff's staff said. "We are getting conflicting witness statements."

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raghavan

That a-hole in the white truck should die.

MidnightDave

Not really an accident, but we came across this on the trails in the North GA mountains. The back was full of beer cans. We had a real pucker ride getting around it--they don't put guard rails on mountain trails. Anyway, went back a few months later and it was gone.

2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

dazzleman

Quote from: MidnightDave on March 30, 2007, 08:19:20 PM
Not really an accident, but we came across this on the trails in the North GA mountains. The back was full of beer cans. We had a real pucker ride getting around it--they don't put guard rails on mountain trails. Anyway, went back a few months later and it was gone.

Beautiful.....that would really piss me off, man.  I'm pissed off enough about clipping my mirror on the garage door.  :banghead:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

chevyguy06

A friend of mine totalled his car Wednesday. He was waiting to turn into his girlfriend's house on the highway in his 99' Grand Prix coupe when a Ram 3500 Dually rear-ended him doing around 55 mph. His tail-lights were sitting in the back seat afterwards, while the front end of the Dodge was up under the dash.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

TBR

Something like that happened to somebody at C/D, too bad I am too lazy to find the thread.

And, speaking of friends, my friend's Z71 was totaled, but his parents got what they paid for it two years ago from the insurance company and he got a much newer truck ('04 Ram with 32k) so it all worked out pretty good.

ifcar

Quote from: TBR on April 08, 2007, 09:51:09 PM
Something like that happened to somebody at C/D, too bad I am too lazy to find the thread.

Are you talking about mplexus's Camry? That was even worse, it was crushed between two trucks.

JYODER240

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2007, 12:10:22 PM

That building in the back right of the picture is the Lexus dealership where I work.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SaltyDog

Quote from: chevyguy06 on April 08, 2007, 01:20:41 PM
A friend of mine totalled his car Wednesday. He was waiting to turn into his girlfriend's house on the highway in his 99' Grand Prix coupe when a Ram 3500 Dually rear-ended him doing around 55 mph. His tail-lights were sitting in the back seat afterwards, while the front end of the Dodge was up under the dash.

Hope everyone's alright.  It's always good to keep a eye on the rearview mirror when sitting waiting to turn.  But I know I'm being a monday morning QB.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Raghavan

Quote from: SaltyDog on April 09, 2007, 07:33:44 PM
Hope everyone's alright. It's always good to keep a eye on the rearview mirror when sitting waiting to turn. But I know I'm being a monday morning QB.
Doesn't matter. Unless you're driving a Ferrari or something, you won't be able to accelerate that fast to get out of the way.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raghavan on April 09, 2007, 07:34:50 PM
Doesn't matter. Unless you're driving a Ferrari or something, you won't be able to accelerate that fast to get out of the way.

You could pull off the road.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

ifcar

Even if you get up to 5 mph, the impact occurs at 5 mph less.

SaltyDog

Sure you could.  You see a car rapidly approaching and stab the gas.  Worst case scenario they tap you while moving, which is a lot better.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.