The '06 Sonata

Started by TBR, June 06, 2005, 08:50:35 PM

TBR

Just wondering, I really think it looks good on the outside, though I am not quite so sure about the interior. It sounds like they have really invested big bucks to modernize their production techniques which should result in a lower curb weight than their previous cars had. The engine also has decent hp/liter, though it still isn't up there with Honda.  

Run Away

I think I saw a pic of it on the back of a Mcleans...245hp V6 right?

Really really sharp looking!

BMWDave

Its a great effort, and they now can compete with Japanese carmakers...they have much more to offer now than their warranty.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

QuoteI think I saw a pic of it on the back of a Mcleans...245hp V6 right?

235 hp. It is an extremely good looking car, the best looking mainstream sedan imho.  

BMWDave

235 hp. It is an extremely good looking car, the best looking mainstream sedan imho.
I think it ranks high as the best looking, although I see too much Honda in the back.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I think it ranks high as the best looking, although I see too much Honda in the back.
I can definitely see that, but they did a much better job with it than Honda did and it isn't like it is a design trait Honda uses in all of their cars.  

BMWDave

I can definitely see that, but they did a much better job with it than Honda did and it isn't like it is a design trait Honda uses in all of their cars.
True...the Honda looks frumpy and fussy, while the Hyundais end looks a lot better.

2007 Honda S2000

Laconian

Here's hoping that engine will trickle into the rest of Hyundai's lineup soon.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Secret Chimp

It's not the kind of car I'd buy, but at last Hyundai is becoming a respectable brand (and how quickly as of late, might I add)

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

If it's as good as it looks, it's best-in-class: basically an Accord for $2k less.

Lorinser

I really like it, and I hope that it will be better than the CamCord duo.

BMWDave

QuoteI really like it, and I hope that it will be better than the CamCord duo.
I'm sure it will hold its own quite well, and may even beat them.  Its V6 is stronger than the Camrys, and almost on par with an Accord.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I'm sure it will hold its own quite well, and may even beat them.  Its V6 is stronger than the Camrys, and almost on par with an Accord.
And it is still considerably cheaper.  

BMWDave

That is another amazing thing going for it.  And I'm sure it has a better warranty too.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

That is another amazing thing going for it.  And I'm sure it has a better warranty too.
Without doubt.  

GMPenguin

QuoteJust wondering, I really think it looks good on the outside, though I am not quite so sure about the interior. It sounds like they have really invested big bucks to modernize their production techniques which should result in a lower curb weight than their previous cars had. The engine also has decent hp/liter, though it still isn't up there with Honda.
You said it all better than I could've. :praise:  

ifcar

QuoteJust wondering, I really think it looks good on the outside, though I am not quite so sure about the interior. It sounds like they have really invested big bucks to modernize their production techniques which should result in a lower curb weight than their previous cars had. The engine also has decent hp/liter, though it still isn't up there with Honda.
Why are we not surprised?  <_<  

TBR

Really, why would you be? I am more intelligent than all of the rest of you combined. ;)  :lol:  

ifcar

Really, why would you be? I am more intelligent than all of the rest of you combined. ;)  :lol:
<_<  

93JC

I hope it sells well for Hyundai. In fact, I hope it outsells the Accord and Camry put together.

TBR

QuoteI hope it sells well for Hyundai. In fact, I hope it outsells the Accord and Camry put together.
I think it just might have a chance of keeping up with them, the reviews have been great, it looks great, and it is priced great.  

ifcar

But it's still a Hyundai, and the Accord and Camry are still the Accord and Camry. All three cars have reputations that will do as much for their sales as their actual merits and demerits will.

TBR

QuoteBut it's still a Hyundai, and the Accord and Camry are still the Accord and Camry. All three cars have reputations that will do as much for their sales as their actual merits and demerits will.
The Accord and Camry might have better reputations, but the Sonata has price and warranty advantages on its side.  

ifcar

And reputations matter. I certainly wouldn't expect to see the Sonata match the Accord in sales, nor do I expect to see a marked decline in either Accord or Camry sales. It's the lower-end midsizes that compete more in price than performance that will suffer the most.

TBR

QuoteAnd reputations matter. I certainly wouldn't expect to see the Sonata match the Accord in sales, nor do I expect to see a marked decline in either Accord or Camry sales. It's the lower-end midsizes that compete more in price than performance that will suffer the most.
Reputation certainly matters, that is the only reason the Camry sells so well because in reality it is pretty much just a medicore product. However, price matters almost as much and I think a lot of people care less about reputation if you get a stellar warranty free of charge. The diehard Toyota and Honda fanatics won't be buying on anytime soon, but those that are so loyal very well might.  

ifcar

I don't doubt that the long price and warranty will bring in many consumers, but I don't think that so many of them will have chosen an Accord or Camry anyway that their sales will change very much.

And I disagree that the Camry is a mediocre product, as you may already know, but that's for a different thread.  

TBR

QuoteI don't doubt that the long price and warranty will bring in many consumers, but I don't think that so many of them will have chosen an Accord or Camry anyway that their sales will change very much.

And I disagree that the Camry is a mediocre product, as you may already know, but that's for a different thread.
Yes, I know you do, but I personally don't see what it has over any of the competition in the area of refinement while almost all of its competition isn't as bland.  

ifcar

QuoteI don't doubt that the long price and warranty will bring in many consumers, but I don't think that so many of them will have chosen an Accord or Camry anyway that their sales will change very much.

Yes, I know you do, but I personally don't see what it has over any of the competition in the area of refinement while almost all of its competition isn't as bland.
And I don't consider blandness to be a flaw for a mainstream sedan. Besides, take any rather interesting sedan and sell 500,000 of them a year for five years, and you'd consider it to be bland as well.  

TBR

And I don't consider blandness to be a flaw for a mainstream sedan. Besides, take any rather interesting sedan and sell 500,000 of them a year for five years, and you'd consider it to be bland as well.
I don't consider it to be a flaw unless all of its competitors do everything as well with more excitement. Then it is a flaw and that is the case here imho.  

ifcar

Name one aspect of the Camry that is behind every other midsize sedan.