Camaro Vert

Started by SVT666, January 04, 2007, 01:47:48 PM

SVT666

This looks better then the coupe to me, although I don't like verts to begin with.  I know everyone on here will cream themselves over it, but it still doesn't turn my crank.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/04/chevrolet-camaro-convertible-concept-revealed/

southdiver1

You don't like droptops because you can't use them very often.
In Florida I can use it almost year round and yes, I almost creamed myself.
I came into this world kicking, screaming, pissed off, and covered in someone elses blood.
If I do it right, I will leave this world in the same condition.

gasoline

-----------------------------------

Tave

My friend up the block has a 69 SS, blue with white racing stripes. The interior needs work but is in relatively good shape, and the exterior is in almost perfect condition (the paint has faded over time - to be expected). I've been in love with that car ever since he got it, and I think that is why I like the new Camaro so much: it reminds me of his.

That said, I've never liked the old-school ragtops and I don't like this one either. I think they make the car look effeminate.

I can stomach the late-model 'verts, but the look takes away all the aggressiveness that comes with the retro (or original) design.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

Holy shit I love it!!! I would never buy one because it's another GM travesty but it's still attractive as hell!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

pommes-t

They should build it and offer it in Germany in 5 year!  :lol:

MX793

I really do like the Camaro concepts, both coupe and vert.  Moreso the coupe as I'm just not a convertible fan.  I find it interesting that the car has an indicator in the instrument panel to tell you what gear it's in despite having a regular H-pattern manual gearbox.  Can't say I've ever seen that before.  I've seen manumatics and sequentials with such an indicator, but not H-pattern manuals.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Andaluz

OMFG! Here we go again...GM showing another concept for the new Camaro to be launched God knows in 2009.

Enough of concepts! Just build the fucking car already!

People soon will get bored of the Concept and they will be disappointed when they see the toned-down production version.

SVT666

Quote from: southdiver1 on January 04, 2007, 03:40:40 PM
You don't like droptops because you can't use them very often.
In Florida I can use it almost year round and yes, I almost creamed myself.
No, I don't like verts because I just don't like verts.  Coupes look more aggressive, have better structural ridgidity, and I hate sunburns.

mazda6er

WOW. That is gorgeous. To hell with women! Give me one of these!  :thumbsup:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Catman

Quote from: Andaluz on January 04, 2007, 05:21:23 PM
OMFG! Here we go again...GM showing another concept for the new Camaro to be launched God knows in 2009.

Enough of concepts! Just build the fucking car already!

People soon will get bored of the Concept and they will be disappointed when they see the toned-down production version.

Amen to that brother. :ohyeah:

SVT_Power

I like the gauges. Nothing else really though
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raghavan

I'll take the coupe instead.

VetteZ06

Gorgeous. I like it more than the Mustang convertible because it appears to be more shapely. The 'Stang is basically a flat line running from the hood all the way to the rear.

But yes, beautiful car. :praise:

Catman

Not my colors but it is very nice. :rockon:

VetteZ06

Quote from: Tave on January 04, 2007, 04:02:36 PM
I think they make the car look effeminate.

I'm not seeing that. At all. :huh:

JYODER240

Way too big for my tastes. It's too retro too.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

MrEddy

I love a lot of things about the various camaro concepts. But the wide toothy grille always annoys me. It's the one thing I HATE about this car.

omicron

Dear Lord, I can't stand that front end. The rest of it is quite nice.

SJ_GTI

southdiver1

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 04, 2007, 05:32:34 PM
No, I don't like verts because I just don't like verts.? Coupes look more aggressive, have better structural ridgidity, and I hate sunburns.

No, you don't like verts because you live in the great white north.
Ah, I am just messing with you. To each his own.
Yes, the hardtops don't have as much flex but, this is something I am willing to forgive in return for a drop top.
I have owned several ragtops including my very first car (1972 Skylark convertible) and the 97 Z/28 I sold several months back.
I came into this world kicking, screaming, pissed off, and covered in someone elses blood.
If I do it right, I will leave this world in the same condition.

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on January 04, 2007, 04:02:36 PM
My friend up the block has a 69 SS, blue with white racing stripes. The interior needs work but is in relatively good shape, and the exterior is in almost perfect condition (the paint has faded over time - to be expected). I've been in love with that car ever since he got it, and I think that is why I like the new Camaro so much: it reminds me of his.

That said, I've never liked the old-school ragtops and I don't like this one either. I think they make the car look effeminate.

I can stomach the late-model 'verts, but the look takes away all the aggressiveness that comes with the retro (or original) design.

Is it for sale?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

In any case, this works much better than the coupe.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza on January 05, 2007, 05:38:39 PM
In any case, this works much better than the coupe.

I like the convertible better too. The coupe's hot and all but the roofline seems awkward.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

gasoline

Here's more:

-----------------------------------

TBR

Get rid of the show-car gauges and I'd buy one. I'll just need 30 grand please.

ro51092

That thing is BEAUTIFUL.

VetteZ06

Mustang what? Challenger who? :praise:

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 04, 2007, 05:32:34 PM
No, I don't like verts because I just don't like verts.  Coupes look more aggressive, have better structural ridgidity, and I hate sunburns.

White people and sunburn.  Just once I'd like one of you to describe it to me.

I figure I'll be buying a car in 2008, and probably another in 2012 or 2013.  I don't see myself being able to buy the Camaro for a while, which is unfortunate.  Of course I could get a Camaro SS in '08.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i