2008 Saturn Vue Redline pics

Started by gasoline, January 05, 2007, 11:18:28 AM

gasoline

Getting a Rav-4 vibe.
I like it, however.
I predict it will outsell the regular Vue on looks alone.
-----------------------------------

TheIntrepid

Meh... it's still a GM. Looks okay I suppose. :huh:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

gasoline

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 05, 2007, 11:19:18 AM
Well it can't be anything else.

MX793

I much prefer the looks of the current Vue to the upcoming one.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

VetteZ06

gasoline

Quote from: MX793 on January 05, 2007, 11:52:59 AM
I agree slightly.
I like this Redline (what I can see of it), more than the current Vue, but otherwise I agree with you. The current Vue looks, well, male. :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: gasoline on January 05, 2007, 12:03:32 PM
I agree slightly.
I like this Redline (what I can see of it), more than the current Vue, but otherwise I agree with you. The current Vue looks, well, male. :lol:

The current Vue looks like absolute crap IMO. The upcoming one looks a lot nicer and bold.

the Teuton

That bumper really brings out the blobbishness of it.  It needs either a smaller bumper of larger sideskirts.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SJ_GTI

Quote from: MX793 on January 05, 2007, 11:52:59 AM

Speaking specifically of the redline models, I could just about see your point on the exterior, though overall I think the new one is still an improvement

I think the area most improved with this new model, however, will be the interior. The second best area of improvement will be the powertrain improvements.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 05, 2007, 11:19:18 AM

I'll pretend you weren't thinking properly when you made that comment.

Otherwise, it looks absolutely great. With the powertrain options to GM, I bet there's a good one in there.

SaltyDog

This will probably be the cute ute to get.  Should be cheaper and maybe faster than the Rav V6, no?  I won't mention again that I hate cute utes though.  Oops.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

pommes-t

Don't get me wrong, but that looks completely Opelish! That Chromium-front panel, the headlights SCREAM Opel. I think in a few years Opel and Saturn will offer the same cars!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: pommes-t on January 05, 2007, 04:47:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, but that looks completely Opelish! That Chromium-front panel, the headlights SCREAM Opel. I think in a few years Opel and Saturn will offer the same cars!

That's the idea. ;)

pommes-t

Sensational news, guys: I've just opened my new AMS and realized: That IS the all new Opel Antara!

This one's Chevrolet aka Daewoo based. Seeing the front bumper, I'd say it's maybe an OPC version!  :ohyeah:

The Antara!

nickdrinkwater

Yep.  And I believe they're doing a Chevrolet version too (I forget the name).

Raghavan

omicron

Ah! It seems that Saturn's new 'Adopt A Family And Seven Pets And House Them In Your Front Bumper' option is about to be launched.

goldenlover1101

what engine will this have? Didnt the last vuwe redline have the honda engine? Will this one carry the tradition, move up to forced induction, or use the premium GM V6? Just wondering. Looks nice, i like the new vue and my fiance cant wait to see it at the New York Auto Show in April cuz she might be interested in buying one.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Colonel Cadillac

It's perfectly fine to badge engineer so poorly when the cars are on different continents!

SJ_GTI

Quote from: pommes-t on January 05, 2007, 04:47:17 PM

Yeah...that's kind of the plan.  :confused:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 05, 2007, 08:35:39 PM
Yep.  And I believe they're doing a Chevrolet version too (I forget the name).

Captiva

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 09, 2007, 10:40:05 AM
It's perfectly fine to badge engineer so poorly when the cars are on different continents!

It would be, except the Captiva and the Antara are being sold alongside each other!

mazda6er

Bumper/front air dam is a tad too "tall" for my tastes.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

omicron

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 09, 2007, 04:56:18 PM
It would be, except the Captiva and the Antara are being sold alongside each other!

We have that situation as well - base models are the Captiva, but the top trim level is actually the Antara (and called Captiva MaXX).

pommes-t

Quote from: omicron on January 09, 2007, 05:25:06 PM
We have that situation as well - base models are the Captiva, but the top trim level is actually the Antara (and called Captiva MaXX).

plus the Captiva is a bit longer and offers 7 seats...

Both are crap and WAY overpriced. If you get a good offer, you could get a Touareg for the same money. It's way bigger, way better, way nicer. And it doesn't fuck up brake-tests...

omicron

Quote from: pommes-t on January 10, 2007, 06:40:16 AM

Both are crap and WAY overpriced. If you get a good offer, you could get a Touareg for the same money. It's way bigger, way better, way nicer. And it doesn't fuck up brake-tests...

It's competitively priced here. A top Captiva will set you back $42,990, and a base Touareg 2.5 R5 TDI is $64,990. The V6 version is $74,990.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: pommes-t on January 10, 2007, 06:40:16 AM

There's no way you can get a Touareg for the price of a Captiva or Antara.

pommes-t

There was an offer for a Touareg TDI with 174hp (which officially starts for 42500?) for 35k

The 150hp Captiva starts officially at 29300?. With a few extras you are quickly at the same price. The LT Exclusive starts at 34000?. With a four cylinder 150hp...

The Opel will be about 2k? more expensive I may guess.

I agree that they are a bit cheaper. But they aren't half as good.

And even if they are cheaper, they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced! Who wants to drive a Korean piece of shit with bad brakes for 34?????

93JC

What is this 'bad brakes' business?