Tundra Crew Max (Pics)

Started by Catman, January 07, 2007, 06:13:33 PM

TBR

This looks so much better than the DoubleCab (as well as the Mega Cab for that matter), though the name is retarded.

Catman

Quote from: TBR on January 07, 2007, 06:15:31 PM
This looks so much better than the DoubleCab (as well as the Mega Cab for that matter), though the name is retarded.

Yeah, it does.  It looks pretty good.  I'm starting to see some Silverados around and they're not a stand out either.  Pretty frumpy.

TBR

I can't stand the Silverado and the Sierra isn't much better. But neither is the DoubleCab Tundra.

Catman

I have a feeling that the Sequoia will be ridiculously huge. :(

ifcar

I think they should have gone with bigger headlights, to fit the oversized theme. The current ones don't work against the monster grille.

The proportions are finally decent in this model, but the details are all too rounded.

TheIntrepid

As I said before... what a BEAST :confused:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Car Zeus

Nice.

Chevy/GMC looks like an update than an overhaul like the new Tundra.

Catman

Raghavan

The grille and rear doors are too big.

Car Zeus

same could be said about the Dodge Ram

Hell all full size trucks are big

:lol:

SVT666

Why bother with the box?  This is getting stupid.  When the Mega Cab came out, I said it was too big, and now the Crew Max is bigger then that?  Things are getting too extreme.

TBR

That backseat is freaking awesome.

Raghavan

Quote from: TBR on January 07, 2007, 08:52:17 PM
That backseat is freaking awesome.
It better be for how big it is.
But i wouldn't mind sacrificing some of the rear seat room for a bigger bed.

Car Zeus

Funny comments coming from GM fans:

QuoteI still think the route Toyota's taking is a mistake. Aside from not looking all that special, it's a brutish-looking thing. Fewer people are buying pickups just to bum around in, and those that are, are either truck die-hards (read: domestic buyers) or are looking for something a bit smaller and more fuel-efficient. The Tundra used to fill a niche here.

The folks still looking for a more utility-oriented truck (and work truck, etc) tend to be the fairly brand-loyal lot.

The Nissan Titan has the specs of this Toyota. Despite being much-better looking, it struggles to sell 70K a year to the (current) Tundra's 120K or so. I'll be surprised if the new Tundra sells as well as the current one.

People driving this thing are gonna look like morons. Their kind get away with driving Camrys because of the general perception that Camry's are "better" than domestics. No such fallacy exists in the pickup market.

Oh so Toyota shouldn't come out with something full-size and brutish looking when GM and the others have been doing this for some time now?

Jealousy comes into play here. If you need a niche vehicle Toyota also has the new Tacoma.

SVT666

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 07, 2007, 08:51:42 PM
Why bother with the box?? This is getting stupid.? When the Mega Cab came out, I said it was too big, and now the Crew Max is bigger then that?? Things are getting too extreme.
I take that back.  From the looks of it the Crew Max has more leg room but the cab is actually smaller.  The Mega Cab has over a foot of storage behind the back seat, but the Crew Max appears not to have very much at all.  Still stupid though.

ifcar

The Tundra rear seat seems to be adjustable, so you can get what seems to be about the same amount of cargo space behind it.

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on January 08, 2007, 06:22:47 AM
The Tundra rear seat seems to be adjustable, so you can get what seems to be about the same amount of cargo space behind it.
I haven't seen anything to indicate that, it only looks as though the seats are reclinable.

ifcar

You can see seat tracks at the very bottom of the picture. I assume you'd just be able to un-recline the seat and keep it at the same position, but maybe not.

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on January 08, 2007, 06:25:46 AM
You can see seat tracks at the very bottom of the picture. I assume you'd just be able to un-recline the seat and keep it at the same position, but maybe not.
Yeah I see them, but I think that's for the reclining feature.  The top of the seat looks like it just slides down a little, but nothing more.  I could be wrong.

omicron

Wow, that's big.

Get rid of the funny kink in the rear lights, and it looks fine to me.

gasoline

1. It looks good in black. Very good.

2. I think the seats can also slide forward altogether to provide luggage space in the back of them.
-----------------------------------

so cal cookie

Not bad, not bad.

The posts on GMI are hilarious.