***OFFICIAL MB C-CLASS W204 PICTURES***

Started by cawimmer430, January 18, 2007, 08:01:21 AM

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

pommes-t

I like it, but it's not so very wicked IMO. Still doesn't look half as nice as a 3 series IMO... Well, okay the Avantgarde is pretty damn nice, but I don't like the interior and the proportions aren't so great...

Andaluz

Quote from: M_power on January 18, 2007, 03:33:00 PM
Calm down Wimmer. It's just a C class. :evildude:

Man if he is already this excited with the mere C-Class, can you imagine his reaction when he see the C63 AMG?

omicron

Quote from: pommes-t on January 18, 2007, 04:46:49 PM
I like it, but it's not so very wicked IMO. Still doesn't look half as nice as a 3 series IMO... Well, okay the Avantgarde is pretty damn nice, but I don't like the interior and the proportions aren't so great...

I second that.

heelntoe

Quote from: Andaluz on January 18, 2007, 05:10:47 PM
Man if he is already this excited with the mere C-Class, can you imagine his reaction when he see the C63 AMG?
were talking about wimmer here, the ony thing that makes him more excited is if they offer a lower end engine option.

:tounge:
@heelntoe

Guy Legend

I like it.? Pretty neat to have both a classic and sport version front designs.? ?:ohyeah:

C class interior > S class interior.

ro51092

3er>C-Klasse  :devil:

I like a lot. I hope it brings Mercedes a lot of success.

850CSi

Well the headlights remind me of an Opel Astra, but the exterior's pretty nice.

The interior's layout is very... average.

SVT_Power

Quote from: ro51092 on January 18, 2007, 07:04:37 PM
3er>C-Klasse  :devil:

I like a lot. I hope it brings Mercedes a lot of success.

3er>C-Klasse>A4  :devil:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ro51092

Bike>Skateboard>Feet>Piece of shit>Exploder

:devil: :devil:

SVT_Power

Andaluz

Bike>Scooter>Segway>Bicycle>Skateboard>Feet>Pogo-Stick>Chevrolet Matiz

Submariner

Quote from: Andaluz on January 18, 2007, 08:20:02 PM
Bike>Scooter>Segway>Bicycle>Skateboard>Feet>Pogo-Stick>Chevrolet Matiz

Wimmers sister>.......................................

......................................................everything else

:praise:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Catman

If it were a Toyota everyone would be ragging on it.  I'm not impressed.  The exterior is OK but the front has a weird shape to it.  The trunk lid is too short and the interior looks blah.  The steering wheel is just plain disgusting.  I would take a BMW, Audi, Cadillac or Infiniti over this car.  I'm not saying it's horrible or anything but it's certainly not what I expected.

VetteZ06

Quote from: Catman on January 18, 2007, 08:52:59 PM
If it were a Toyota everyone would be ragging on it.? I'm not impressed.? The exterior is OK but the front has a weird shape to it.? The trunk lid is too short and the interior looks blah.? The steering wheel is just plain disgusting.? I would take a BMW, Audi, Cadillac or Infiniti over this car.? I'm not saying it's horrible or anything but it's certainly not what I expected.

I'm in agreement with Catman here.

The exterior certainly isn't bad, but compared to some of its competition it's just plain boring. I don't like the front end, in particular. The interior is a bigger letdown, as Mercedes has been doing pretty well in that area lately. It looks nice enough, but that usually doesn't cut it in this market segment (one of the most competitive around).

I thought M-B would do more. :huh:

cozmik

I like it a lot. It would be a difficult choice between a C320 CDI and a C280, since the C350, according to the press release, won't come with the 6 speed. I think that initially I would probably be interested in the CDI though, it's nearly as fast as the C280, has a massive amount more torque, and I am sure gets a lot better fuel economy, which is becoming more important now.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

850CSi

Quote from: Andaluz on January 18, 2007, 08:20:02 PM
Bike>Scooter>Segway>Bicycle>Skateboard>Feet>Pogo-Stick>Avensis>Chevrolet Matiz

cawimmer430

Quote from: Andaluz on January 18, 2007, 01:08:35 PM
Isn't he the responsible for the R-Class?

They outsourced Chris Bangle for that one.  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: M_power on January 18, 2007, 03:33:00 PM
Calm down Wimmer. It's just a C class. :evildude:

This C-Class is really special. I have a really good feeling about it.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: CosmicSaab on January 18, 2007, 10:12:53 PM
I like it a lot. It would be a difficult choice between a C320 CDI and a C280, since the C350, according to the press release, won't come with the 6 speed. I think that initially I would probably be interested in the CDI though, it's nearly as fast as the C280, has a massive amount more torque, and I am sure gets a lot better fuel economy, which is becoming more important now.

Yep, no more 6-speed MT for the C350 because of poor sales. Most C350 buyers choose the automatic anyway, so there was no incentive to offer a manual transmission on a car nobody buys with a manual. Source: Autozeitung.de.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

GOT HOLD OF MY W204 C-CLASS BROCHURE JUST NOW!

TECHNICAL DATA / PERFORMANCE FOR ENGINES

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Well, after decades of thinking I was fluent in German, I now know I know none.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2007, 04:22:57 AM
Well, after decades of thinking I was fluent in German, I now know I know none.

:lol:

Try this...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2007, 03:28:38 AM
Yep, no more 6-speed MT for the C350 because of poor sales. Most C350 buyers choose the automatic anyway, so there was no incentive to offer a manual transmission on a car nobody buys with a manual. Source: Autozeitung.de.

That's such bullshit and circular logic.  They offer the 6 speed, but because no one thinks that it will sell, no one stocks it, therefore sales are poor.  Since sales are poor, they don't sell it anymore. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2007, 04:37:29 AM
This says it all.

That's the same logic Toyota uses.  "We graced them with a sports car, why should we advertise it?  Let's just kill it."

The sales are poor because they didn't try to sell it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2007, 04:54:00 AM
That's the same logic Toyota uses.  "We graced them with a sports car, why should we advertise it?  Let's just kill it."

The sales are poor because they didn't try to sell it. 

With Mercedes', people don't buy them because of their manual transmissions. Most Benz buyers will care about the image, ride etc. and those that do care about some sportiness won't be to picky about whether it's an M/T or A/T. Also, a higher end Mercedes with a manual will have shitty resale value.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 19, 2007, 04:58:12 AM

With Mercedes', people don't buy them because of their manual transmissions. Most Benz buyers will care about the image, ride etc. and those that do care about some sportiness won't be to picky about whether it's an M/T or A/T. Also, a higher end Mercedes with a manual will have shitty resale value.

The point of something like that isn't to sell to the same market base; it's to bring in new buyers.  The C350 6 speed was praised (hell, even the C230K 6 speed with the old, rubbery stick beat the 9-3 and TSX in a comparison I read) quite a bit by mag reviews, but the dealerships were too conservative to stock them.  And since when is the C class a higher end Mercedes, even with the top V6?  The fact is that they had a good looking, properly sized, and properly competent 3 box sport sedan, and they killed it due to poor selling strategy.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i