***OFFICIAL MB C-CLASS W204 PICTURES***

Started by cawimmer430, January 18, 2007, 08:01:21 AM

Vinsanity

hey CWW that looks really sharp, but isn't that what the CLK would be?

if so, then may I suggest a sleeker greenhouse (a la CLS-class)

TheIntrepid

Wow... CWW that looks exactly like how the next CLK should look... except it should be a little sleeker. IMO the roofline looks a bit pointy. Awesome nevertheless :ohyeah:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ifcar

The CLK has always had E-Class styling cues, not C-Class.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on January 19, 2007, 05:07:53 AM
The point of something like that isn't to sell to the same market base; it's to bring in new buyers.  The C350 6 speed was praised (hell, even the C230K 6 speed with the old, rubbery stick beat the 9-3 and TSX in a comparison I read) quite a bit by mag reviews, but the dealerships were too conservative to stock them.  And since when is the C class a higher end Mercedes, even with the top V6?  The fact is that they had a good looking, properly sized, and properly competent 3 box sport sedan, and they killed it due to poor selling strategy.

I do agree that MB should have kept the 6-speed C350 on the W204, even if it meant making a loss on it. Attracting new potential buyers is worth it, I guess. You can bet, however, that MB did their market research and maybe they found out that the majority of buyers who look at the C350 don't care about the manual. It's like the Lexus IS350. These guys know that most IS350 buyers will be people who just want a nice premium car and don't really care about the sporting aspect. The fact that the IS350 is hyped up as a 3-Series killer etc. is just pure marketing bullshit. Bottom line, 9/10 Lexus IS350 buyers are happy with the auto, that's good enough for Lexus. I suppose it is the same deal here with MB.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

ro51092

Quote from: CWW on January 20, 2007, 07:05:58 AM
Coup? needed?

Looks like a mini-CL

I like this car, its classy.
not as good as the 3er

heelntoe

@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

gasoline

-----------------------------------

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

I'm going to go out on a very big limb here, in light of my recent comments, and say I'd rather a CTS at this point.

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on January 21, 2007, 04:08:32 AM
I'm going to go out on a very big limb here, in light of my recent comments, and say I'd rather a CTS at this point.

:mask: :mask: :mask:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 21, 2007, 04:13:47 AM
:mask: :mask: :mask:

:lol:

Both cars have obviously been influenced by the trends towards high waistlines, high bonnets and tall front ends that I assume are the result of passive safety legislation. The CTS flaunts it; the C-Class tries to hide it, but it doesn't quite work for me. The front grille, for example, stands almost bolt upright, which contrasts with the flowing design between the A and C-pillars. It works from the straight-on front view but less so from any other angle. I could be unkind and say they stuck new front and rear ends on an old passenger compartment (from the outside).

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on January 21, 2007, 04:32:56 AM
:lol:

Both cars have obviously been influenced by the trends towards high waistlines, high bonnets and tall front ends that I assume are the result of passive safety legislation. The CTS flaunts it; the C-Class tries to hide it, but it doesn't quite work for me. The front grille, for example, stands almost bolt upright, which contrasts with the flowing design between the A and C-pillars. It works from the straight-on front view but less so from any other angle. I could be unkind and say they stuck new front and rear ends on an old passenger compartment (from the outside).

Nice explanation. What you drive is your choice. I on the one hand can't wait to try this thing. :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 21, 2007, 04:47:56 AM
Nice explanation. What you drive is your choice. I on the one hand can't wait to try this thing. :praise:

If I come across a C63 AMG lurking about in my bedroom tomorrow, you can have it :praise:

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on January 21, 2007, 04:50:46 AM
If I come across a C63 AMG lurking about in my bedroom tomorrow, you can have it :praise:

:praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: ifcar on January 20, 2007, 10:42:11 AM

Front end on the current one has C-class written all over it.  The rear, though, I'll give to you. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TheIntrepid

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 21, 2007, 03:29:41 AM
Panorama roof, not sunroof. :ohyeah:

:rolleyes: You're like my cousin, who's a car designer. I once asked him about one of his friends "Isn't that the chap with the Range Rover?"

My cousin replies back with "Not the Range Rover *smacks me on the head*... the Range Rover 4.6 HSE."

:rolleyes: It's a sunroof to me :P... what would you call Pontiac's panel roof?

cawimmer430

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 21, 2007, 07:22:07 AM
:rolleyes: You're like my cousin, who's a car designer. I once asked him about one of his friends "Isn't that the chap with the Range Rover?"

My cousin replies back with "Not the Range Rover *smacks me on the head*... the Range Rover 4.6 HSE."

:rolleyes: It's a sunroof to me :P... what would you call Pontiac's panel roof?

:praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

gasoline

I like this car a whole lot every time I see it.
I reallly wish the C-Class were more common around here:

-----------------------------------

Vinsanity

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

VetteZ06

Me three. The C-Class just isn't doing it for me.

TBR

Me 4th, the C is very average and very boring, the CTS is bold. I want one.

Galaxy

It is a good looking car with some nice features but I do not think it will trap to many 3er and A4 buyers. especially with Audi lighting it's next firework in the fall.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: ifcar on January 20, 2007, 10:42:11 AM

The current one looks more C-Class than E-Class to me.

In fact, didn't one of the AMG C-Classes (C55 I think) actually have the nose from the CLK?  Wimmer?

nickdrinkwater