Who didn't see this coming?

Started by SVT666, January 22, 2007, 10:51:13 AM

S204STi

Good news for Jeep.  This thing was a flop, from my own personal perspective.  Jeep buyers who buy the Grand Cherokee bought a Jeep because it wasn't a Suburban, they didn't want something so big, and if they did they would have been at the Chevy dealership.  Just MO.

mazda6er

Quote from: R-inge on January 24, 2007, 09:17:18 PM
Good news for Jeep.  This thing was a flop, from my own personal perspective.  Jeep buyers who buy the Grand Cherokee bought a Jeep because it wasn't a Suburban, they didn't want something so big, and if they did they would have been at the Chevy dealership.  Just MO.
The Commander is actually very similar in size to the GC. I forget the exact difference, but it's not more than 6".
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Rupert

Are there any SUVs that are as good off road as they were ten or fifteen years ago?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

the Teuton

The Hummer H3 is apparently very capable, the Wrangler, and, uh, are the Land Rovers any good?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on January 25, 2007, 11:13:19 PM
The Hummer H3 is apparently very capable, the Wrangler, and, uh, are the Land Rovers any good?

They look to be; although like all modern vehicles are heavily electronics dependant, which would worry me some in the deep backwoods.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rupert

Ah, of course... I'd somehow forgotten about the old stand-bys (though, one might say that the Wrangler is not so much of an SUV as a Jeep). How's the Pathfinder these days? I suppose they have the Xterra...

I suppose I'm wondering what I'm gonna buy when the world supply of first generation Troopers has turned to rust and dust... :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

The Pirate

Quote from: Psilos on January 26, 2007, 12:56:24 AM
Ah, of course... I'd somehow forgotten about the old stand-bys (though, one might say that the Wrangler is not so much of an SUV as a Jeep). How's the Pathfinder these days? I suppose they have the Xterra...

I suppose I'm wondering what I'm gonna buy when the world supply of first generation Troopers has turned to rust and dust... :lol:

Second gen Troopers are probably almost as capable, and were still offered with the 5 spd.  There is a local car lot that has a 2001 or 2002 Trooper with something like 23K miles.  He wants $9.5K for it.

This is the dude.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

heelntoe

how 'bout the land cruisers of yore? and the older 4runners too.
@heelntoe

nickdrinkwater

Range Rovers are still good off road I think.

And this of course:

:praise:

Rupert

Quote from: The Pirate on January 26, 2007, 09:37:17 AM

Second gen Troopers are probably almost as capable, and were still offered with the 5 spd.  There is a local car lot that has a 2001 or 2002 Trooper with something like 23K miles.  He wants $9.5K for it.

This is the dude.

Yeah, but they're ugly. :lol:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on January 26, 2007, 08:22:29 PM
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I saw a nice one on eBay a month or so back...oh wait, I think you saw the same one!

:devil:

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

mazda6er

Quote from: The Pirate on January 26, 2007, 08:40:46 PM

I saw a nice one on eBay a month or so back...oh wait, I think you saw the same one!

:devil:

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SVT_Power

I actually wanted one. Looked cool in its own way
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

heelntoe

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 26, 2007, 11:11:55 AM
Range Rovers are still good off road I think.

And this of course:

:praise:
:wub: :wub: :wub:
i love those defenders. i got a ride in a defender 110 a few months back. we were passes by almost everyone but  at one point there was a traffic  back-up. there was a lot of rock terrain next to the road........:praise: we were soon passed by the others again.
@heelntoe

The Pirate