Interesting Police Vehicle Choice...

Started by TurboDan, June 09, 2005, 05:21:01 PM

TurboDan

When I saw the Manasquan, NJ Police using a Subaru Baja police "car" last year, I thought that was craziest one yet.  But, on my recent vacation, I one-upped myseld (and this time had a camera).

Presenting...

The KIA Carens Police Interceptor:

TurboDan

Believe it or not, these cars (civilian and police) were all over the place there.  Very popular car.

Catman

Raza

That's what cars should be driving!  That, and Chevy Aveos.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Looks bone stock to me...('cept for the lights)...how can it be a police car?  :blink:  

TBR

QuoteThat's what cars should be driving!  That, and Chevy Aveos.
I assume you mean cop, and I don't think a Chevy Aveo could handle the gear a modern cop needs to haul around.  

Tom

Maybe next year they should dip into the donut funds and get a real car :D  

mazda6er

Imagine the jokes if people found out you'd been pulled over by a van! :lol:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

QuoteImagine the jokes if people found out you'd been pulled over by a van! :lol:
It's not a van.  ;)   More of a wagon...(doesn't have the van-esque sliding doors)

mazda6er

QuoteImagine the jokes if people found out you'd been pulled over by a van! :lol:
It's not a van.  ;)   More of a wagon...(doesn't have the van-esque sliding doors)
details, details. but yeah, you're right, I was exaggerating on purpose though.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

details, details. but yeah, you're right, I was exaggerating on purpose though.
Oh..I failed to recognize the exaggeration.  :(  :lol:  

mazda6er

QuoteOh..I failed to recognize the exaggeration.  :(  :lol:
That's ok, it wasn't really that obvious.  ;)  
--Mark

TBR

QuoteOh..I failed to recognize the exaggeration.  :(  :lol:
That's ok, it wasn't really that obvious.  ;)
No, it wasn't.  

mazda6er

QuoteNo, it wasn't.
You didn't have to agree with me.  :lol:  
--Mark

Catman

The only wagon I'd consider is this one

giant_mtb

QuoteThe only wagon I'd consider is this one

:rockon:  

TBR

Is your chief still talking about getting a couple of those?  

FlatBlackCaddy

You guys should see some of the bread boxes the japanese use.

Catman

He mentioned it but I'm not sure how serious he is.  Right now we'll be lucky to get any new cars in the near future.

FlatBlackCaddy

Same old crap, police wasting taxpayer money on more car then they need. <_<  

Catman

QuoteSame old crap, police wasting taxpayer money on more car then they need. <_<
We have bicycles too if that makes you happy.  And two harleys and a Suzuki dirt bike.  No Segways yet though.

FlatBlackCaddy

What do you guys use the suzuki dirt bike for, catching moonshiners in the back woods.

FlatBlackCaddy

*Pictures a cop on a segway, towing a perp behind him hog tied in a radio flyer*

Yup, that would work just fine.

Catman

QuoteWhat do you guys use the suzuki dirt bike for, catching moonshiners in the back woods.
Its a DRZ 400s.  It's street legal too.  The main reason was to address illegal rec vehicle use.  But it's actually excellent for searching, etc.  You can basically check every trail/park in town within a few hours, it's very efficient.  Much more useful than a Harley.

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteWhat do you guys use the suzuki dirt bike for, catching moonshiners in the back woods.
Its a DRZ 400s.  It's street legal too.  The main reason was to address illegal rec vehicle use.  But it's actually excellent for searching, etc.  You can basically check every trail/park in town within a few hours, it's very efficient.  Much more useful than a Harley.

Hmm nice. Any of your fellow officers ever flip that thing, off duty messing around of course. :D  

Catman

No.  Its been dumped, but it's a dirt bike so that's expected.  No damage.  We have one guy right now who rides it.  He can ride the Harley too if he wants but with the Suzuki there's no place that you can't go.  

TBR

He mentioned it but I'm not sure how serious he is.  Right now we'll be lucky to get any new cars in the near future.
That is too bad.   :(  

Run Away

I was reading all the comments as I waited for the pic to load, then I looked...It's not that bad!
Hell, I could definitley have some fun with that.

giant_mtb

What cars does your PD use now, Cat?  Crown Vics?