Pictures of my old truck

Started by The Pirate, February 02, 2007, 10:55:11 AM

The Pirate

I was cleaning out extraneous files on my computer and came across some old photos of my Ford Ranger.  I had this truck for two years or so, and traded it in with well over 100K miles, and no major issues.  I miss my truck.

These pics were taken when I first got it, I bought a cap for it and got rid of the nerf bars shortly thereafter.

In this last pic, you can see my old Bonneville as well.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

cawimmer430

God I love the '80s.  :lol: :praise:

I bet your truck ended up on BAYWATCH, except it was painted yellow. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

TheIntrepid

Nice truck. I'm sure you had a lot of good memories in. How many times did you get LUCKY in it? :P

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

The Pirate

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

280Z Turbo

My old '86 is still going. I sold it to my roommate who's going to drop a 5.0L V8 from a Mustang in it.

He's going to run it up at the Silver Lake dunes. The premiere off-road park in Michigan.

Eye of the Tiger

I always like the old Rangers. My cousin used to have a '90 with a 4cyl/5spd which I always liked, so I ended up buying a '94 with the 4.0/5spd. Now that same cousin has an '86 Chevy C-10, and I have a '79 C-10... wierd.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SaltyDog

Quote from: The Pirate on February 02, 2007, 03:24:17 PM

1992, 4.0 V6 5 speed 4x4

That's what I like to hear.  Those are quick buggers.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

The Pirate

Quote from: the Teuton on February 02, 2007, 04:34:46 PM
Did you ever take it off road?

Yeah, quite a bit.  It had the electric transfer case (which I didn't like), and ended up crapping the bed a few times.  Usually, I could just clean the contacts or do a mini rebuild on the shift motor, but I did have to replace it once or twice.  It was 2WD only the last winter I had it, as I didn't have money for a new motor at that point.  It was a fun truck though, but a bit thirsty with the 4 liter.

I do miss having a truck, as off road driving can be quite fun.  Plus, some roads to river put ins (for kayaking) are 4WD accessible only, which beats having to hike 4 miles with your kayak over your shoulders.

Edit:  As a matter of fact, I'm tentatively looking at replacing the Honda with another truck.  Of course, I also want to replace it with a Passat wagon, a Subaru Legacy, or a Mustang GT.  Or, I still want to keep in and drive it into the ground.  I don't really know what I'm going to do...

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Can you get the AWD with the 5 speed in the wagon?

The Pirate

Nice!  I really do need to test drive one at some point.  I have a feeling I'd probably just opt for the FWD.  Passats are bigger and heavier than Civics, so it should be better in inclement weather, even sans 4Motion.

the Teuton

And you know I'm going to be the first person to recommend you to the world of Subaru.  They're absolutely beastly in the snow.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on February 03, 2007, 12:20:10 AM
Nice!  I really do need to test drive one at some point.  I have a feeling I'd probably just opt for the FWD.  Passats are bigger and heavier than Civics, so it should be better in inclement weather, even sans 4Motion.

I absolutely adore FWD 1.8T Passats.  Stay away from the V6.  Soft and smooth, but not as fast or as enjoyable as the 1.8T.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.