The troubleshooting game.

Started by VTEC_Inside, February 02, 2007, 11:17:06 AM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7526.msg424272#msg424272 date=1177169900
Okay, try this:

Starter button:
One prod and the engine kicks and then dies.? The engine then starts on the second prod.? Was the button just not pressed hard enough, or is there a problem with the starter button?
IS the button supposed to be held?
If so then just hold it longer next time.  :devil:  ;)

If not, then there could be any combination of loose wiring to the computer, starter, etc...
Sensors could be bad, etc...
Will

Raza

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 22, 2007, 11:23:53 AM
IS the button supposed to be held?
If so then just hold it longer next time.  :devil:  ;)

If not, then there could be any combination of loose wiring to the computer, starter, etc...
Sensors could be bad, etc...

I don't know.  Not my car!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

There's this handy little tome in your friend's glovebox called a, "Owner's Manual."

I don't figure most people have heard of this mysterious book, but if you can locate it is filled with everything you will every have to know about the proper operation of a vehicle's many systems. ;)

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on April 23, 2007, 03:38:37 PM
There's this handy little tome in your friend's glovebox called a, "Owner's Manual."

I don't figure most people have heard of this mysterious book, but if you can locate it is filled with everything you will every have to know about the proper operation of a vehicle's many systems. ;)

Not my friend's car either.  I was just parked next to it one night and I heard it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7526.msg426469#msg426469 date=1177367057
Not my friend's car either.? I was just parked next to it one night and I heard it.

Well what the hell...

nevermind. :banghead:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7526.msg426469#msg426469 date=1177367057
Not my friend's car either.? I was just parked next to it one night and I heard it.
LOL

So let's troubleshoot the older car that went driving past me sounding all funky.  I think it was a Pontiac.  Didn't sound right.

Any ideas??

:lol:   :rolleyes:   :lol:   :rolleyes:   :lol:   :lol:   :devil:   :rolleyes:   :lol:  :tounge:
Will

S204STi

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 23, 2007, 06:27:19 PM
LOL

So let's troubleshoot the older car that went driving past me sounding all funky.? I think it was a Pontiac.? Didn't sound right.

Any ideas??

:lol:? ?:rolleyes:? ?:lol:? ?:rolleyes:? ?:lol:? ?:lol:? ?:devil:? ?:rolleyes:? ?:lol:? :tounge:

Yeah, it's a Pontiac.  They're all complete rubbish.  (GTO excepted).

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: R-inge on April 23, 2007, 06:34:23 PM
Yeah, it's a Pontiac.? They're all complete rubbish.? (GTO excepted).
I would have argued with you because my in-laws had a (early 90s/ late 80s?) Grand Am they drove past 300k miles without a single breakdown. (Well, actually my wife fried the computer because she fell asleep as a passnger with her foot on the cigarette lighter and it shorted. but that was the ONLY time it had anything other than routine maintenance.)

BUT
Their Asstek has had problems since they bought it, and the Grand Am they bought a few years ago has also had issues on a regular basis.. .
Will

southdiver1

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 24, 2007, 07:13:53 AM
I would have argued with you because my in-laws had a (early 90s/ late 80s?) Grand Am they drove past 300k miles without a single breakdown. (Well, actually my wife fried the computer because she fell asleep as a passnger with her foot on the cigarette lighter and it shorted. but that was the ONLY time it had anything other than routine maintenance.)

BUT
Their Asstek has had problems since they bought it, and the Grand Am they bought a few years ago has also had issues on a regular basis.. .

You just HAD to go there with the Aztek.....
I came into this world kicking, screaming, pissed off, and covered in someone elses blood.
If I do it right, I will leave this world in the same condition.

heelntoe

LOL

So let's troubleshoot the older car that went driving past me sounding all funky.  I think it was a Pontiac.  Didn't sound right.

Any ideas??

:lol:   :rolleyes:   :lol:   :rolleyes:   :lol:   :lol:   :devil:   :rolleyes:   :lol:  :tounge:
timing?
@heelntoe

Raza

LOL

Any ideas??

Hey man, there are no issues with my cars right now, and I felt left out.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7526.msg427396#msg427396 date=1177435156
Hey man, there are no issues with my cars right now, and I felt left out.
LOL

No "pinch-hitting".   :thumbsup:

Will

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: southdiver1 on April 24, 2007, 08:38:45 AM
You just HAD to go there with the Aztek.....

it's ugly but it honestly has the biggest trunk I've ever seen.  I told them to get the tent just so they could actually call it "worth" the ugliness. 

Although they haven't got stuck in deep snow or water since they bought it.  (They're in NH and had to evacuate in the fall because of flooding.)
Will

S204STi

Alright, I'm going to resurrect this thread with one I had today...kinda fun to figure out.

Vehicle is a 2007 Pontiac G5, 2.2L Ecotec.  Vehicle is running rough with a flashing MIL.  After removing spark plugs and cranking during diag found a small geyser of fuel shooting from the number 3 spark plug bore.

What is wrong with it?

heelntoe

@heelntoe

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA