Aston Martin sold to...

Started by nickdrinkwater, February 02, 2007, 12:05:56 PM

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

cozmik

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raghavan

I wouldn't expect a V12 Mustang to sell for much less than $80k, and at that price, i'd rather go for a Corvette Z06.

macchina

Quote from: CosmicSaab on February 05, 2007, 05:13:03 PM
That AM was sold to a fashion company.

Hey CosmicSaab, someone posted this in the thread too.  Don't feel bad, I totally missed it too.

"Okay, here's the straight scoop: French luxury goods house LVMH is NOT buying Aston Martin. Reports that Aston had been snapped up by the company that markets everything from Dom Perignon champagne to Louis Vuitton handbags to Dior perfumes, are wrong, say our well-placed sources in the UK.

But it does look as if an Aston sale is pending. The buyer will be a private investment firm with no names familiar to anybody outside the high-finance banking community. Rumored price is just a tad less than $1 billion.

LVMH did take a look at Aston late last year, but passed. One problem with a non-automotive buyer is that there?s a lot of cost and potential liability associated with purchasing a small automaker based in England. The Aston deal will include the factory, good news for the buyer, but that also includes the workers, which may not be.

As mentioned in the LVMH rumor, Ford should retain some interest in the sport-luxury brand, if for no other reason than to provide parts and components that could be shared with Jaguar and Land Rover.

The bottom line is the rumors of Ford selling Aston look solid. It?s the buyer that Autobild (picked up by Marketwatch and our friends in auto blogosphere) has wrong. Stay tuned for the latest on the Aston Martin sale drama from Motor Trend as the story develops."
- Danilo,
Alfa Romeo Enthusiast Extraordinaire (Troll)
[/font]?
:evildude:

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on February 05, 2007, 05:35:13 PM
I wouldn't expect a V12 Mustang to sell for much less than $80k, and at that price, i'd rather go for a Corvette Z06.
Please explain.  An Aston Martin V12 costs less then the supercharged 5.4L found in the GT500.

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 05, 2007, 10:04:36 PM
Please explain.? An Aston Martin V12 costs less then the supercharged 5.4L found in the GT500.

The Aston Martin Stang won't be produced in as high volume. I would be t its would be hand assembled.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Nethead

sportyaccordy: Dude, if you get sold, what'cha gonna do?? Ford designed the V12 and builds the V12--why shouldn't they drop it into Mustangs and slap down all the Mustang imitations about to rear their copycat little heads over the next three years??? After all, do you think some French fashion outfit is gonna know WTF to do to develop the Vanquish V12?? ? Maybe they'll get Paris Hilton to pose beside one and see how much torque that adds at the low end of the rev range...?
So many stairs...so little time...

Nethead

Quote from: JYODER240 on February 05, 2007, 10:06:56 PM
The Aston Martin Stang won't be produced in as high volume. I would be t its would be hand assembled.

Absolutely Agree--tits should always be hand assembled!!!!? All in favor, say "Aye!"? All opposed, suck the pus out of scabs!

93JC

At the very least they should be inspected by hand. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on February 06, 2007, 01:35:15 PM
At the very least they should be inspected by hand. :lol:
Hand and mouth inspections are the best methods of determining quality. :ohyeah:

Nethead

I take it we have two "Ayes" so far!

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Nethead

With JYODER240 and Raghavan casting their "Ayes", it is now "Ayes" four and "Nays" nothing.

Vinsanity

wait are we still talking about b00bs?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 07, 2007, 11:18:40 AM
wait are we still talking about b00bs?

Have you been living in a cave for the last 2 years? We are always talking about b00bs! :rolleyes:   :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Vinsanity

Quote from: NACar on February 07, 2007, 11:25:39 AM
Have you been living in a cave for the last 2 years? We are always talking about b00bs! :rolleyes:? ?:lol:

so THAT'S what you guys mean when you talk about "front ends"