Because Mustangs with Aston Martin engines are for pussies...

Started by the Teuton, February 05, 2007, 10:23:37 PM

the Teuton

I occasionally steal things of interest from the Subie forums when it comes up, and this has to be the coolest thing in the world.? It's a 1970 Mustang with a Sherman tank motor in it.

Link:
http://positiveapeindex.blogspot.com/2007/02/fine-line-between-stupid-and-clever.html

That's real Detroit muscle.

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

JYODER240

I'm pretty confident when I say that I'd kill myself in that. How does that chassis handle than much torque?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

thewizard16

92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT666

As long as it makes waaaay more then the stock 500 hp, then it might be worth it.  The almost 1100 lbs-ft of TQ is pretty fucking cool though.  Unfortunately having the engine sticking up through the hood is not my style.

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 06, 2007, 07:30:49 AM
As long as it makes waaaay more then the stock 500 hp, then it might be worth it.  The almost 1100 lbs-ft of TQ is pretty fucking cool though.  Unfortunately having the engine sticking up through the hood is not my style.

It's just a working version of this:

:lol:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Nethead

Do any of you fossilized relics--such as the Nethead here--remember the Ed Roth T-shirts from the late 'Sixties?? I think he's the one who made the T-shirts with the Mustangs/Camaros/GTOs/Yada Yada Yadas with the stick shift sticking up thru the roof and the engine (with supercharger and bugcatcher) bulging out of the engine compartment, fire belching from the collectors, and massive slicks smokin' like a wildfire.? If Ed's alive today, he's beatin' off on those photos even as I type.

Frankly, that's a very clean, modern-looking engine--it has sort of a Top Fuel look about it with the distributor mounted the way it is.? I had read something about a dude with a tank engine in his Mustang but I didn't take it seriously.? He'll probably roll it over my house to teach me a lesson!? He can name this Mustang "George Patton"!
So many stairs...so little time...

omicron

You have all seen the 'Final Objective', I assume?

1955 Chevrolet BelAir Sports Coupe fitted with a V12 Rolls Royce Merlin aircraft engine used in P51 Mustang aircraft.

Nethead

omicron:  Great pics, OmiDude!  Now THAT's the engine that should be dropped into a Mustang!

J86

rohan

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

rohan

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Nethead

rohan:  Yeah, Ed was not young when I was a kid, and I'm a relic nowdays.  RIP, Ed...

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Nethead on February 11, 2007, 08:03:30 AM
rohan:? Yeah, Ed was not young when I was a kid, and I'm a relic nowdays.? RIP, Ed...

Hmm, I was about to protest that he was still alive, but in a rare moment of clarity, decided to check my facts first.

http://www.ratfink.org/roth/national.html
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Nethead

Soup Deville:? Thank you for the link to Ed Roth, Ratfink extraordinaire.? Ed will be missed, and I think the tank-engined Mustang oughtta be dedicated to his memory.? It epitomizes decades of Ratfink dragracing art--huge engines spilling out of the engine compartment, zoomie headers spittin' fire, and monster slicks smokin'!? An era has passed--big blocks, longitudinal leaf springs, lakes pipes, hotrods, beach music, whitewalls, sock hops, 45 rpm singles...Ed Roth caricatured that era, and made us all grin at his outrageous art.? The Nethead here imitated Ed's art in caricatures of my late father's Corinthian White '61 Ford Country Sedan which had a 352 with a 390 crank in it hooked up to a Cruise-O-Matic.? We thank you for the smiles, the grins, the WTFs, and for being Ed Roth.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?ED ROTH,  March 4th, 1932--April 4th, 2001
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? RIP, Big Daddy

sandertheshark

Quote from: NACar on February 05, 2007, 10:30:39 PM
That is pure sex right there :wub:
That's more like sex with an entire WNBA starting five.  Exciting, but scary as hell.