Ford Freestyle Renamed! a.k.a. The Tempo Thread

Started by SVT666, February 07, 2007, 09:26:56 AM

TheIntrepid

:huh: I've got to say, when I had my permit, I was an amazing driver. After that I started to care less and be more freewheeling.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

93JC

Quote from: TheIntrepid on February 19, 2007, 02:13:17 PM
:huh: I've got to say, when I had my permit, I was an amazing driver. After that I started to care less and be more freewheeling.

Coming from the guy who hit his cousin's Dodge Shadow while leaving a parking stall...  :nutty:

The Pirate

I wasn't going to say anything, but nobody is an amazing driver with their permit.  There is just too much inexperience.  It takes time behind the wheel, and experiencing different scenarios, to become a good driver.

With a permit, most new drivers are about as adept as a goat.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

93JC

Even people with years of experience are rarely 'amazing' drivers.

Eye of the Tiger

I can't even count how many redlights I ran when I had my permit because I was paying so much attention to everything else. My dad always yelled at me and scared the hell out of me, which would make my foot jump on the gas and I'd go faster and he'd yell more. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

Quote from: 93JC on February 20, 2007, 11:57:33 AM
Even people with years of experience are rarely 'amazing' drivers.

I agree, and would say that most drivers are generally subpar.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

the Teuton

I bought my car before I had my license, so I had the added fear of destroying personal property when I drove.  Still, I only ran over a few curbs and switched lanes without using my mirrors a few times.  That was it for me.  I wouldn't call that subpar at all.  It's better than most coffee-drinking, cellphone-wielding, makeup-applying women drivers.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

The Pirate

Quote from: the Teuton on February 20, 2007, 12:03:02 PM
I bought my car before I had my license, so I had the added fear of destroying personal property when I drove.  Still, I only ran over a few curbs and switched lanes without using my mirrors a few times.  That was it for me.  I wouldn't call that subpar at all.  It's better than most coffee-drinking, cellphone-wielding, makeup-applying women drivers.

This is exactly the group I was referencing.  Not just women though.  I've seen plenty of men doing all of the above (substitute shaving for makeup applying though).

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

Time to give this one a bump.? I've been saving this ad for about two weeks now, so here it is.? Apparently, they made a high output version of the Tempo, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

Raghavan

I drove a Scion xB for one driver's Ed lesson and a V6 Mustang for the other two.

ifcar

Quote from: Raghavan on March 25, 2007, 01:00:48 AM
I drove a Scion xB for one driver's Ed lesson and a V6 Mustang for the other two.

Congratulations?

omicron

Quote from: ifcar on March 25, 2007, 07:07:34 AM
Congratulations?

I nearly snorted an entire glass of water out of my nose, Iffy.

:lol:

Catman

Quote from: the Teuton on March 25, 2007, 12:56:31 AM
Time to give this one a bump.  I've been saving this ad for about two weeks now, so here it is.  Apparently, they made a high output version of the Tempo, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

I had a Tempo at one time.  I remember vacuuming the dash and sucking two HVAC buttons right off the panel. :rolleyes:

omicron

Quote from: Catman on March 25, 2007, 07:14:55 AM
I had a Tempo at one time. I remember vacuuming the dash and sucking two HVAC buttons right off the panel. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

mazda6er

I'm at a loss. You're sure you don't, like, pop pills or something?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

Quote from: ifcar on March 25, 2007, 07:07:34 AM
Congratulations?
Oh sorry, i didn't see there was another page so i was replying to page 6 where everyone was talking about what they drove in drivers ed. :huh:

chevyguy06

Our's was a Pontiac G6 for the whole class.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

the Teuton

If someone can find an AWD Tempo, I'd be up for a good rally-style race against them.

Raghavan

Quote from: chevyguy06 on March 25, 2007, 09:35:51 AM
Our's was a Pontiac G6 for the whole class.
How was it?
The xB wasn't bad but the Mustang was horrible.
The guy was like "Be careful, it has a 200hp V6 in it."
I could floor it and it'd only make noise.

chevyguy06

It was pretty nice...drove exactly like my mom's Malibu (yes I know they're on the same platform)
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

USA_Idol

Quote from: ifcar on February 07, 2007, 09:33:00 AM
I agree that it's nicer than the current design (except the taillights), but the problem IMO was the weak front end. It needed to be a lot bolder, more upright, taller. The 3-bar grille doesn't do nearly enough.

I like the way the Freestyle looks...bland-ish front end and all.  But I'll admit the new Fusion-esque nose is an improvement and enhances the car's appeal.  I like it.  Anything more would have been overkill. 

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

USA_Idol

Raza

Quote from: USA_Idol on March 25, 2007, 01:44:32 PM
You're all young to me.   :mask:

If I'm young to you (and I'm old to me, by the way), and he's young to me, that means he ought to be really, really young to you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

USA_Idol

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=7625.msg397123#msg397123 date=1174853901
If I'm young to you (and I'm old to me, by the way), and he's young to me, that means he ought to be really, really young to you.

Yeah....what you said.    ;)

I'm not saying just how old I am, but I bet I'm older than most here.   :mask:

chevyguy06

I'm pretty sure with the exception of CJ, I'm the youngest.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6