New British Supercar

Started by Fire It Up, May 07, 2005, 06:03:22 PM

Fire It Up

From Here

Source: MB Roadcars

MB Roadcars, located in England, has set out to create a supercar with unrivalled on-road performance and a breathtaking driving experience. The EOS (?Exigence of Speed?) supercar has been created by a team of ex-F1 designers and incorporates a three-seater layout with central driving position. Its advanced aerodynamic features such as a two-element front wing and side winglets ensure high downforce and low drag. It combines the latest in aerospace and motor sport technologies, and the high strength monocoque chassis and body panels use aerospace-grade composite materials, resulting in a curb weight of just 1000 kg without compromise to structural rigidity. The Mader Racing 90? V8 engine and six-speed gearbox are mid-mounted longitudinally for optimum weight distribution, and its 500 bhp give EOS a class-beating power to weight ratio of 0.5bhp per kg.

There are several key features of the EOS:

Central Seating - EOS features a 3-seater layout, with the driver positioned at the centreline for maximum control and the most engaging and rewarding driving experience. EOS is currently the only modern supercar to utilise this layout, following in the footsteps of the legendary McLaren F1.

Innovative Aerodynamics - EOS incorporates a unique Formula 1-style double-element front wing, which generates a significant amount of front downforce. Its state-of-the art aerodynamics are complemented by an integrated rear wing design, a wide-angle rear diffuser and side winglets (X-wings) used on a road car for the first time. All these  

elements are the key to providing well-balanced and stable characteristics at high speed.

Composite Lightweight Chassi Monocoque - MBR uses the latest composite aerospace materials to produce an extremely light and strong survival cell to protect the driver and passengers, as well as providing a rigid platform for highperformance driving. The company?s expertise in racing car chassis design has been fully utilised to achieve new stiffness and weight standards for road vehicles.

Fine-Tuned Suspension Dynamics - EOS? suspension layout is inspired by modern racing cars. Double wishbones of unequal length with inboard springs and dampers are used both at the front and rear of the car. This setup was optimised to provide maximum stability and control under acceleration, braking and cornering.

Technical Partnerships

With its strong motorsport technology background and state-of-the-art design technology, MB Roadcars has attracted several high-profile technical partners to support the development of the EOS supercar. The company has established successful working relationships with Alcon (brake systems), Primary Designs (exhaust systems), Toyo (tyre supplier), Dymag (wheel manufacturer), Aerotrim (interior design), Jetblades (manufacturing) and Panther Composites (composite manufacturing).

Significantly, MBR has also signed an agreement with Mader Racing for the supply of a highperformance engine specifically developed for EOS. Mader Racing will manufacture a lightweight all-alloy 500 bhp 90? V8 engine based on the units powering the new GP2 racing series, tuned for road use.

For more information, please visit www.mbroadcars.com.  

General Information  
Price: $550,000
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: 2200 lbs
Layout: Mid-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine  
Type: V8
Displacement: 4000 cc
Horsepower: 500 bhp @ 9500 rpm
Torque: 302 lb-ft @ 7500 rpm
Redline: 10000 rpm
Performance  
0-60 mph: 3.5 sec
0-100 mph: --.- sec
Quarter Mile: --.- sec @ --- mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: 200+ mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --.- mph

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Fire It Up

Wow thats ugly.  :o  

GMPenguin

QuoteWow thats ugly.  :o
It's not that bad, but it doesn't look like anything that would be produced now.  Looks like a Lister Storm.  I'd think MB would conflict with Mercedes Benz too.

Fire It Up

QuoteWow thats ugly.  :o
It's not that bad, but it doesn't look like anything that would be produced now.  Looks like a Lister Storm.  I'd think MB would conflict with Mercedes Benz too.
I smell a lawsuit.

MX793

Doesn't look all that ugly to me.  Not beautiful, but no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BMWDave

Thats a ok looking car...front end looks like a cross between an enzo and a Pagani Zonda though.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

GMPenguin

QuoteDoesn't look all that ugly to me.  Not beautiful, but no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
I actually think the Enzo is gourgeous.

BMWDave

QuoteDoesn't look all that ugly to me.  Not beautiful, but no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
So do I.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

QuoteDoesn't look all that ugly to me.  Not beautiful, but no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
HAve you noticed its hideous headlights?

BMWDave

QuoteDoesn't look all that ugly to me.  Not beautiful, but no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
HAve you noticed its hideous headlights?
Theyre not hideous at all!  They sort of look like a Pagani Zonda.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Nothing especially noteworthy there, I would take a Carrera GT over this thing any day. Also, the car in the pictures isn't actually a real car, it is nothing more than a model so it is quite likely this thing will never even be put into production.

BMWDave

QuoteNothing especially noteworthy there, I would take a Carrera GT over this thing any day.
Well then again, I would take a CGT over ANY other thing any day.  This definitely isnt a bad showing, and it will appeal to people who like to own very odd and exclusive cars.

2007 Honda S2000

SargeMonkey

Looks like my moms 30 year old vaccum.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

BMWDave

QuoteLooks like my moms 30 year old vaccum.
I somehow dont think so :rolleyes:  :blink:  B)  

2007 Honda S2000

CaseyNPham

So do I.
and me. I'd own an Enzo any day. But I don't think I would like fast driving, so gimme a......

You guessed it (look down)
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

BMWDave

QuoteDoesn't look all that ugly to me.? Not beautiful, but no uglier than a Ferrari Enzo.
So do I.
and me. I'd own an Enzo any day. But I don't think I would like fast driving, so gimme a......

You guessed it (look down)
I thought you'd want the MC12.

2007 Honda S2000