My dad wants a new truck

Started by 280Z Turbo, February 23, 2007, 03:29:44 PM

Payman

I've always liked the Rampage:

There's a gold w/black stripes one for sale in town here for $3500, in beautiful condition.

280Z Turbo

Derrrrrrrr...I know what my dad should get:

Are you guys joking or are you just stupid? :rage:

Payman

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on February 25, 2007, 09:28:30 AM
Derrrrrrrr...I know what my dad should get:

Are you guys joking or are you just stupid? :rage:

:confused: What? I said my recommendation... the Mazda B2300. Since we were talking about small trucks, I threw in a few unique ones from the past. Are you in a bad mood today?

280Z Turbo

Posting a Rabbit pickup was pretty random, as is posting that Jeep.

Don't be offended by my harsh tone. I wasn't even mad, but those are some damn stupid suggestions. :lol:

SaltyDog

I think the answer is pretty simple 280Dude, as my man in Fast Lane would say.  Replace the Dacrapa with another Ranger.  The only question is how.  You could buy the Ranger, then sell the Dakato, or sell the Dakota before getting the Ranger.  Or you could look for a Ranger while having the Dakato up for sale, and going with whatever happens.

Not sure what kind of commute it will be used for, but does the (fast) 4.0 strike your fancy?  A slow vehicle(which I'll define as 0-60>10seconds, and the 2.3 walks that line) is kind of a bummer.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT666

Quote from: SaltyDog on February 26, 2007, 03:11:41 AM
I think the answer is pretty simple 280Dude, as my man in Fast Lane would say.? Replace the Dacrapa with another Ranger.? The only question is how.? You could buy the Ranger, then sell the Dakato, or sell the Dakota before getting the Ranger.? Or you could look for a Ranger while having the Dakato up for sale, and going with whatever happens.

Not sure what kind of commute it will be used for, but does the (fast) 4.0 strike your fancy?? A slow vehicle(which I'll define as 0-60>10seconds, and the 2.3 walks that line) is kind of a bummer.
I would go for the Ranger too.  They are rock solid since they've been building it for 122 years without a redesign.  The bugs are all worked out and they are just great little trucks...and you can get them for next to nothing too.

93JC

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on February 25, 2007, 10:32:14 PM
Posting a Rabbit pickup was pretty random, as is posting that Jeep.

Don't be offended by my harsh tone. I wasn't even mad, but those are some damn stupid suggestions. :lol:

Stupid?

An old Comanche is eleventy billion times better than any other small pickup truck. Especially the Ranger.

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on February 26, 2007, 07:57:37 AM
Stupid?

An old Comanche is eleventy billion times better than any other small pickup truck. Especially the Ranger.
You're on crack :lol:

Raghavan

93JC

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 26, 2007, 08:23:24 AM
You're on crack :lol:

I'm preaching the Cherokee/Wagoneer/Comanche gospel, heathen.

SaltyDog

Stupid?

Mr. Bob Marley himself drove one.  True Fact.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

280Z Turbo

Stupid?

We already had a worn out, rusted 20 year pickup truck. I sold it to my roommate for $200.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: SaltyDog on February 26, 2007, 03:11:41 AM
I think the answer is pretty simple 280Dude, as my man in Fast Lane would say. Replace the Dacrapa with another Ranger. The only question is how. You could buy the Ranger, then sell the Dakato, or sell the Dakota before getting the Ranger. Or you could look for a Ranger while having the Dakato up for sale, and going with whatever happens.

Not sure what kind of commute it will be used for, but does the (fast) 4.0 strike your fancy? A slow vehicle(which I'll define as 0-60>10seconds, and the 2.3 walks that line) is kind of a bummer.

Like I said, it's not for me, although I will be driving it.

10 seconds 0-60 is not bad. My Z used to be slower than that and even that wasn't bad. The Dakota is probably about that slow, but it wastes so much gas. My dad drove the 4 cylinder Ranger back in '86 and decided to go for the V6, but they were gutless back then, of course.