Woohooo ticket!

Started by 850CSi, March 10, 2007, 12:55:52 AM

dazzleman

Quote from: Raghavan on March 24, 2007, 08:23:36 PM
Lately my mom has been really nice to me... :huh:
She hasn't yelled at me and we usually just joke around all day, and she's even really interested in my RC car stuff...
She asked me what happened to it when it melted and she was pretty excited when my rc stuff came...

That's good to hear.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on March 24, 2007, 08:12:01 PM
When did you get your first ticket, Pirate?

Hehehe

It was the end of the spring semester in 2002.  Ironically, I was driving my dad's vehicle.  :lol:  I was bringing a lot of my stuff home from school for the summer, and got clipped for 79 mph in a 65 mph zone.  That wasn't the first time I'd been pulled over, but it was my first ticket.

My dad was surprisingly understanding.  He told me to pay the ticket and do what was necessary to keep it off the insurance record.  I wrote a letter to the town justice, stating the case that I was basically a college student with minimal extra income.  I admitted guilt and said I had no problem with a fine; I just wanted a violation reduction to something that wouldn't blip the insurance radar.  The justice sent a letter back with a fine amount and reduction to a seatbelt violation.

I signed it, wrote a check and sent it back that very same day.  That was the start of my lucky streak, and I'm still riding the wave.

:rockon:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on March 24, 2007, 08:45:19 PM

Hehehe

It was the end of the spring semester in 2002.? Ironically, I was driving my dad's vehicle.? :lol:? I was bringing a lot of my stuff home from school for the summer, and got clipped for 79 mph in a 65 mph zone.? That wasn't the first time I'd been pulled over, but it was my first ticket.

My dad was surprisingly understanding.? He told me to pay the ticket and do what was necessary to keep it off the insurance record.? I wrote a letter to the town justice, stating the case that I was basically a college student with minimal extra income.? I admitted guilt and said I had no problem with a fine; I just wanted a violation reduction to something that wouldn't blip the insurance radar.? The justice sent a letter back with a fine amount and reduction to a seatbelt violation.

I signed it, wrote a check and sent it back that very same day.? That was the start of my lucky streak, and I'm still riding the wave.

:rockon:

Hah, so the scissor act was a bluff.  I guess by then, your dad was more confident in your driving abilities, and didn't think he had to come down as hard on you as if you'd started getting tickets right out of the starting gate at 16.

Parents, especially dads, are often more understanding of this stuff than they let on initially.  Everybody has their own history.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

sparkplug

Ticket you got a ticket. Son, I know you're 45 but you sit in the corner and think of the bad you've done.

dazzleman

Quote from: sparkplug on March 26, 2007, 06:40:44 PM
Ticket you got a ticket. Son, I know you're 45 but you sit in the corner and think of the bad you've done.

:lol:
Great song, sparkplug.  But you recognize it was Faris, not I, who got the ticket.  :lol: