Woohooo ticket!

Started by 850CSi, March 10, 2007, 12:55:52 AM

850CSi

:lol:

I was parked in one of the university garages. It was around 11 or 12, and the exit is near me, but I have to go the wrong way to get there. So I just do it, and I see a Purdue police squad car coming down the other ramp and go "Fuck, I'm busted!."

Sure enough, she pulled me over. She asked me if I knew why she pulled me over and I said "I'm not sure, but I think I went the wrong way". My license was in the back under my bag so I made sure it was alright with her for me to reach back there and get it.

She gave me a campus ticket for going the wrong way. $50, and she claimed it wouldn't go on my record or get me any points - although one of my friends said he got the same thing a while ago and insurance DID find out about it.? She warned me for not having my seat belt on (I always wear it but I guess I was too busy thinking about when she was going to pull me over to put it on).

The funny thing is, one of my friends was pulling out behind me and did the same thing. She cut him off and went after me.   :lol:

I'm due for a ticket; I've been speeding all over the state and haven't been caught yet.? :lol:

dazzleman

Congratulations, man..... :praise:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

I'm just counting the days till me luck runs out...it's hard to be obedient with this new rocket ship of mine. :devil:

JYODER240

Over 4-years of speeding and i still haven't been pulled over :rockon:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

The Pirate

Quote from: JYODER240 on March 10, 2007, 10:12:07 AM
Over 4-years of speeding and i still haven't been pulled over :rockon:

You shouldn't have said that!  It's only a matter of time now.  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SaltyDog

Geez, you're paying Purdue $xx,xxx in tuition and they slap you with this kind of lame-ass ticket?  I would be pissed.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Colonel Cadillac

Sucks...

I definitely would have done the same though.

Glad someone got a ticket, it's been awhile since someone here has gotten one! Glad you could be the one to take the hit for the rest of us :lol:

TheIntrepid

3 years of speeding and I haven't gotten caught :ohyeah:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

dazzleman

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 10, 2007, 01:05:56 PM
Sucks...

I definitely would have done the same though.

Glad someone got a ticket, it's been awhile since someone here has gotten one! Glad you could be the one to take the hit for the rest of us :lol:

The last one to get a ticket as far as I know was Car Zeus.  I wonder whatever happened to him.  He was pretty cool.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on March 10, 2007, 09:11:53 PM
I wonder whatever happened to him. 

He bought a VW Touareg. :(

dazzleman

Minpin

I got a ticket about a month ago, i just didnt say anything. It's pretty bad  :(
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on March 11, 2007, 08:49:11 PM
I got a ticket about a month ago, i just didnt say anything. It's pretty bad? :(

How much above the speed limit were you going?  What do you mean by bad?  Are you looking at a license suspension?

TheIntrepid

I always thought Minpin was like 14. :huh:

rohan

Quote from: SaltyDog on March 10, 2007, 12:12:13 PM
Geez, you're paying Purdue $xx,xxx in tuition and they slap you with this kind of lame-ass ticket?? I would be pissed.
Four things come to mind-
" My taxes pay your salary"
" But I give money to the FOP!"
"Don't break the law intentionally and bitch when you get caught."
"Stop whining and take it like a man."
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

L. ed foote

Can't remember the last time I was caught  :praise:
Member, Self Preservation Society

850CSi

Quote from: rohan on March 12, 2007, 09:59:08 AM

:lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: rohan on March 12, 2007, 09:59:08 AM

I agree pretty strongly with the last two, rohan.

FIU Panther

I was busted last year, going 90ish in a 70. I was on the way the way to UF, from Miami on the Turnpike. I make this trip quite a few times due to most of my friends ended up going there while I stayed in Miami. I was hit hard $200ish ticket, and to top it off I forgot my registration another $90.

Nothing like blasting by a trooper, having him disapear in your mirror only to reappear. Only damn reason I got caught was I was going from one wolfpack to another. Caught the straggler. I swear we are like wildabeast, and they are the big cats.

Oh well.? :banghead:
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on March 12, 2007, 04:21:36 AM
How much above the speed limit were you going?  What do you mean by bad?  Are you looking at a license suspension?

Just finally saw your post lol.  :lol: I just totally forgot about this thread.

I got a ticket for 45 in a 20 (school zone). I had no idea i was in a school zone because there is a school zone then it ends then another school zone then an intersection and i was sitting at the red light and it turned green and i totally blanked on the school zone (hope that explanation made sense  :huh:). If it wasn't school i would of been doing the speed limit.  :banghead:  Anyways it was 10 minutes before the zone ended and so there wasn't the rush of traffic when you can tell it is a zone w/o seeing the sign. I have consulted a traffic ticket lawyer and my court date is sometime in June.

dazzleman

Quote from: FIU Panther on March 19, 2007, 06:47:42 AM
I was busted last year, going 90ish in a 70. I was on the way the way to UF, from Miami on the Turnpike. I make this trip quite a few times due to most of my friends ended up going there while I stayed in Miami. I was hit hard $200ish ticket, and to top it off I forgot my registration another $90.

Nothing like blasting by a trooper, having him disapear in your mirror only to reappear. Only damn reason I got caught was I was going from one wolfpack to another. Caught the straggler. I swear we are like wildabeast, and they are the big cats.

Oh well.? :banghead:

It happens, man.  We all get our turn getting busted.  The best way to handle it is to suck it up and forget about it.  No sense dwelling on it and making yourself feel worse.

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on March 22, 2007, 06:15:36 PM

Just finally saw your post lol.? :lol: I just totally forgot about this thread.

I got a ticket for 45 in a 20 (school zone). I had no idea i was in a school zone because there is a school zone then it ends then another school zone then an intersection and i was sitting at the red light and it turned green and i totally blanked on the school zone (hope that explanation made sense? :huh:). If it wasn't school i would of been doing the speed limit.? :banghead:? Anyways it was 10 minutes before the zone ended and so there wasn't the rush of traffic when you can tell it is a zone w/o seeing the sign. I have consulted a traffic ticket lawyer and my court date is sometime in June.

School zones, like construction zones, are a real bugaboo for traffic enforcement.  I agree with stiff penalties for violating speed limits in legitimate school or construction zones, but as usual, the nanny state politicians (and the large bloc of voters who support them) are abusing the concept.  Not sure if that's true in your case, but it's true in general.

Good luck with the ticket, man.  You could get whacked pretty hard without a good lawyer.  I hope he's good.

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on March 22, 2007, 06:47:23 PM
School zones, like construction zones, are a real bugaboo for traffic enforcement.  I agree with stiff penalties for violating speed limits in legitimate school or construction zones, but as usual, the nanny state politicians (and the large bloc of voters who support them) are abusing the concept.  Not sure if that's true in your case, but it's true in general.

Good luck with the ticket, man.  You could get whacked pretty hard without a good lawyer.  I hope he's good.

Thanks man. I hope he's good too.  :evildude: I'll let you guys know how it goes.

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on March 22, 2007, 07:01:39 PM
Thanks man. I hope he's good too.? :evildude: I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Definitely let us know.  I always have a little trepidation when I have to go to court, even though I know that the worst that can happen is not that bad.  It's kind of like getting summoned to the dean's office in high school -- you know you're in some trouble, and the anticipation of what could happen is usually far worse than the reality.

The last time I went to court, I was so relieved to get there and see a ton of people waiting.  There were a couple of times I went to court, and was practically the only person there.  That's a bit unnerving.  I don't want that much individual attention from the legal system.  Though this isn't totally logical, I always felt that any punishment I got was diluted when it was doled out to a lot of other people at the same time.  There is strength in numbers.

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on March 22, 2007, 07:06:08 PM
Definitely let us know.  I always have a little trepidation when I have to go to court, even though I know that the worst that can happen is not that bad.  It's kind of like getting summoned to the dean's office in high school -- you know you're in some trouble, and the anticipation of what could happen is usually far worse than the reality.

The last time I went to court, I was so relieved to get there and see a ton of people waiting.  There were a couple of times I went to court, and was practically the only person there.  That's a bit unnerving.  I don't want that much individual attention from the legal system.  Though this isn't totally logical, I always felt that any punishment I got was diluted when it was doled out to a lot of other people at the same time.  There is strength in numbers.

I hear ya, i'm sure the night before ill be nervous as hell.   :mask: I dont really know what they are gonna do to me but ill be a happy guy if its just a fine and a retake of the license test. Maybe some community hours.  :huh:

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on March 22, 2007, 07:10:07 PM
I hear ya, i'm sure the night before ill be nervous as hell.? ?:mask: I dont really know what they are gonna do to me but ill be a happy guy if its just a fine and a retake of the license test. Maybe some community hours.? :huh:

I doubt it's serious enough for community service to be assigned, though you could offer to do community service in return for fewer points on your license or something like that.

Dress well, but you don't need to overdress.  Wear a nice pair of slacks or khakis, nice shoes, and a collared shirt.  Make sure you're clean-shaven and neat.  You'd be surprised how many people dress like s*$t for court, and it sends a message of disrespect.  If you show respect, you'll get off more easily.

How long have you had your license?

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on March 22, 2007, 07:13:05 PM
I doubt it's serious enough for community service to be assigned, though you could offer to do community service in return for fewer points on your license or something like that.

Dress well, but you don't need to overdress.  Wear a nice pair of slacks or khakis, nice shoes, and a collared shirt.  Make sure you're clean-shaven and neat.  You'd be surprised how many people dress like s*$t for court, and it sends a message of disrespect.  If you show respect, you'll get off more easily.

How long have you had your license?

Well....I'm only 17 so about a year and a half.  :mask: I know i know, it doesnt need to be said that i'm a dumbass. Believe me ive already payed for that part.  :banghead:

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on March 22, 2007, 07:18:53 PM
Well....I'm only 17 so about a year and a half.? :mask: I know i know, it doesnt need to be said that i'm a dumbass. Believe me ive already payed for that part.? :banghead:

I did worse when I was 17, so I'm in no position to call you a dumbass..... :lol: :evildude:

You're already smarter than I was in that you have recognized that all is negotiable in this society, including legal sanctions.  I used to just accept the maximum penalty for whatever I got busted for (not just auto-related) without even attempting to reduce the penalty.

Eventually, I learned that if I learned how to work the system a bit, I could negotiate a lower penalty.

By getting the lawyer, it appears you've already learned that.

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on March 22, 2007, 07:22:43 PM
I did worse when I was 17, so I'm in no position to call you a dumbass..... :lol: :evildude:

You're already smarter than I was in that you have recognized that all is negotiable in this society, including legal sanctions.  I used to just accept the maximum penalty for whatever I got busted for (not just auto-related) without even attempting to reduce the penalty.

Eventually, I learned that if I learned how to work the system a bit, I could negotiate a lower penalty.

By getting the lawyer, it appears you've already learned that.

I appreciate the kind words, i really appreciate it. The thing that got on my nerves was the way i was treated by the cop. I would assume because im just another "immature punk kid" and where i was pulled over were the reasons. He never said hello or how are you just went into the

"(angry tone) Where are you going so fast?"

me as innocently as i could "My friends house (i point to my buddy in the passenger"

"License and registration"

I knew i was doomed from the start...The ironic thing about it is that if i had left school when it was let out i would have passed by the school, school zone free. But i stayed after for tutoring by my chemistry teacher so i could still ace the test the next day.  :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on March 22, 2007, 07:32:54 PM

I appreciate the kind words, i really appreciate it. The thing that got on my nerves was the way i was treated by the cop. I would assume because im just another "immature punk kid" and where i was pulled over were the reasons. He never said hello or how are you just went into the

"(angry tone) Where are you going so fast?"

me as innocently as i could "My friends house (i point to my buddy in the passenger"

"License and registration"

I knew i was doomed from the start...The ironic thing about it is that if i had left school when it was let out i would have passed by the school, school zone free. But i stayed after for tutoring by my chemistry teacher so i could still ace the test the next day.? :lol:

.....well at least you didn't stay after for detention, as I often had to.... :lol:

It's just one of those things.  I wouldn't worry too much.  In a few years, it will be a funny story.  It surely won't be your last ticket, nor should it be.  I'd much rather drive a little fast and get a ticket occasionally than drive like a 70-year-old woman just to avoid tickets.  In the grand scheme of life, a routine ticket is not a big deal.