Chevy announces pricing, 0 to 60 times for Z06

Started by BMWDave, June 14, 2005, 08:08:49 PM

BMWDave

Chevy announces pricing, 0 to 60 times for upcoming Z06 Corvette
Posted Date: 6/14/05
It's official, the new Z06 will be the fastest Corvette ever.

Chevrolet has announced pricing and 0 to 60 times for its upcoming 505-horsepower 2006 Corvette Z06. According to Chevy, the vehicle breaks the four-second barrier from 0 to 60, with a time of 3.7 seconds while still in first gear. Pricing for the newest Z06 will start at $65,800, including destination and freight charges.

?The new Corvette Z06 is the dividend from competing so successfully in endurance racing,? said Dave Hill, Corvette?s chief engineer. ?It combines the strong attributes of the new, sixth-generation Corvette with the spirit, technology and know-how from the race program to form an American supercar with outstanding credentials.?

The Z06 will be available in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Previous Corvette Z06 models, from the original 1963 model to the 2001-04 editions, incorporated suspension and engine upgrades that complemented existing Corvette systems. The 2006 Corvette Z06 is more differentiated from the standard Corvette than any other Z06 in history, according to Chevy. Use of weight-saving materials such as carbon fiber, aluminum, titanium and magnesium give the 3,132-pound car a weight-to-power ratio of 6.2 pounds per horsepower, helping it to its impressive 0 to 60 time

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

For 65,800, it's out of m price range, but it does seem to be quite the car.  Now if they could just fix the looks...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteFor 65,800, it's out of m price range, but it does seem to be quite the car.  Now if they could just fix the looks...
Whats wrong with the looks?

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Nice, though it still is not my style.

giant_mtb

ifcar

Not at all, only a few thousand more than a well-equipped standard version.

giant_mtb

TBR

QuoteHow much did the last-gen Z06 cost?
About $55,000

BMWDave

QuoteMaybe a touch too pricey?  :blink:
This thing is an absolute bargain...55K and 0-60 in the 3s is a good deal if you ask me.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

QuoteMaybe a touch too pricey?  :blink:
This thing is an absolute bargain...55K and 0-60 in the 3s is a good deal if you ask me.
You mean 65K?  "Pricing for the newest Z06 will start at $65,800"

TBR

It is still a bargain, since the closest thing in price that can match its speed costs another 20k more (the $85000 Dodge Viper).

giant_mtb

It is still a bargain, since the closest thing in price that can match its speed costs another 20k more (the $85000 Dodge Viper).
Isn't 3.7 to 60 more like Ford GT range?  And that's 150+ thousand... :o  

TBR

I think a Viper can do it in either 3.7 or 3.8.  

giant_mtb

QuoteMaybe a touch too pricey?? :blink:
Oh, I thought the Viper was faster then that.  

TBR

No, though the GT is (about 3.3 I believe).

giant_mtb

No, though the GT is (about 3.3 I believe).
I guess I got the two mixed up with each other.  :P  :ph34r:  

850CSi

280Z Turbo

QuoteFor 65,800, it's out of m price range, but it does seem to be quite the car.  Now if they could just fix the looks...
And you say I have no taste...

:rolleyes:  ;)  

Raza

QuoteFor 65,800, it's out of m price range, but it does seem to be quite the car.  Now if they could just fix the looks...
It's ugly.  

Especially the body colored headlamps.  I won't forgive them for that.  It looks ridiculous.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

QuoteFor 65,800, it's out of m price range, but it does seem to be quite the car.  Now if they could just fix the looks...
And you say I have no taste...

:rolleyes:  ;)
You don't have any taste..

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

280Z Turbo

QuoteFor 65,800, it's out of m price range, but it does seem to be quite the car.? Now if they could just fix the looks...
It's ugly.  

Especially the body colored headlamps.  I won't forgive them for that.  It looks ridiculous.
Yeah just look at this cheap POS:

:rolleyes:

What wrong with the C3 Vette? I love the sharp exotic curves and muscular bulges.

Raza

The Corvette's look terrible.  I didn't mean all body colored lights.

And I was giving the C3 as an example of a beautiful car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

QuoteThe Corvette's look terrible.  I didn't mean all body colored lights.

And I was giving the C3 as an example of a beautiful car.
The C3 is a beautiful car...but I dont know, I dont think the Vette's lights are bad at all.  But styling is subjective.

2007 Honda S2000