Lamborghini Alar *Official Pics*

Started by TheIntrepid, March 14, 2007, 04:12:45 PM

TheIntrepid

When we first saw the initial rendering of Joan Ferci's Lamborghini Alar, a Diablo-based special that's somehow allowed to retain the Lamborghini nameplate, we knew it'd be pretty ugly. Now, Argentina Auto Blog, the site that brought us the original rendering, has ponied up what are reportedly the first official shots of the car, and it's just about what you'd expect.

Looking like the bastard child of a Pontiac Banshee cross-bred with leftover elements from H.R. Giger's original Alien designs, the Alar is, by all appearances, a waking nightmare on four wheels.The hammerhead shark-like nose is particularly weird-looking. Ironically, there are people who go out of their way to build kit cars that look like real Diablos. Here you have a case where perfectly good Diablos will be sacrificed in order to make them look like wacky kit cars. The mind reels.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TheIntrepid

the Teuton

It is squarish like most other Lambos and angular.  I'm sure it's fast, but I just can't get over the paint job.  I mean, a white, squarish car with a red X in the middle of it just doesn't bode well with me.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Where's Sigourney Weaver when you need her?

giant_mtb

Quote from: the Teuton on March 14, 2007, 04:20:19 PM
It is squarish like most other Lambos and angular. I'm sure it's fast, but I just can't get over the paint job. I mean, a white, squarish car with a red X in the middle of it just doesn't bode well with me.

lol...same problem here...

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

Pancor

Well thats the unofficial, grade 4 MS Paint version, where are these pics, Intrepid?

TheIntrepid

:confused: I can see them just perfectly. :huh:

Nevertheless...I got banned from the other site just this evening for hotlinking the Top Gear episodes and leeching their bandwidth.

S204STi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 14, 2007, 09:13:52 PM

Nevertheless...I got banned from the other site just this evening for hotlinking the Top Gear episodes and leeching their bandwidth.

LOL

TheIntrepid

Permanent Ban + IP Ban in case I try to show up to mooch more Top Gear. :mask:

S204STi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 14, 2007, 09:35:09 PM
Permanent Ban + IP Ban in case I try to show up to mooch more Top Gear. :mask:

So...those topgear episodes weren't from YouTube, or did they just have more/better versions, or what?

TheIntrepid

No... the ones I posted here with direct download links... they're still up actually. They're full widescreen DVD-quality ones.

SVT_Power

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 14, 2007, 09:13:52 PM

owned
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Nethead

Does "alar" mean "sucks" in Italian?  Or does it mean something you might step in when crossing a pasture?
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

FordSVT

Looks like a Lambo had a three-way with an Enzo and one of those American Vector supercars from the 80s.

Hiddeous, what a way to ruin a great looking car. Anyone who paid for something like this needs their head examined, if you want a real "crazy" looking car, just buy a Saleen or a Porsche GT pr something, God knows they wouldn't be much more expensive than this monstrousity would probably end up costing. Custom coach jobs usually cost more than the base price of the car to begin with.
-FordSVT-

sportyaccordy

It looks like a Chinese copy. I'm sure it's powered by an 85hp 3 liter VR7, riding on beam suspensions in front and back

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

chevyguy06

'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

I see in Payman's post, but not in the original post

Tave

Oh God, I wish I hadn't even looked.  :nono:

It takes skill to make a lambo look that bad/
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sandertheshark

I am having difficulty conjuring a punishment severe enough to match this sin.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 15, 2007, 02:10:00 PM
It looks like a Chinese copy. I'm sure it's powered by an 85hp 3 liter VR7, riding on beam suspensions in front and back

I don't know why, but the whole concept of what you're describing is so very alluring to me. I want an 85hp VR7 and beam suspension!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid