Calgary Car Show - Shelby GR-1

Started by SVT666, March 16, 2007, 11:02:38 PM

SVT666

I knew this car was hot from all the pictures I have seen in magazines, but pictures just don't do it justice.  What an incredibly gorgeous car.

JYODER240

It's okay. The GT is much better looking.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

You gotta see it in person.? It's smaller then it looks, and the rear end actually looks really good when seen in person as opposed to pictures.

Catman

I don't know, it just doesn't do much for me. :(

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 09:26:13 AM
You gotta see it in person.? It's smaller then it looks, and the rear end actually looks really good when seen in person as opposed to pictures.

I've seen it in person before.

Raghavan

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 09:52:50 AM
It looks kind of ugly.
That's because you don't have good taste in car. :lol: :P

Catman

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 10:29:46 AM

He thinks everything is ugly. :huh:

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 10:29:46 AM

Except for the 3 series, for some reason.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Quote from: Catman on March 17, 2007, 10:38:18 AM
He thinks everything is ugly. :huh:
Hey, I like the E90, AMV8, Z06 and Elise out of all the current cars.

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 12:20:48 PM
Hey, I like the E90, AMV8, Z06 and Elise out of all the current cars.

That's good.  3 of them are good looking, and two of them are actually good.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Quote from: Raza on March 17, 2007, 12:23:16 PM
That's good. 3 of them are good looking, and two of them are actually good.
Lemme guess: You don't like how the Z06 looks, and you think that the AMV8 and Elise are good cars?

Lebowski

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 12:26:01 PM
Lemme guess: You don't like how the Z06 looks, and you think that the AMV8 and Elise are good cars?

I think he thinks the AMV8, ZO6, and Elise are good looking, but only the latter two are good cars.

Nethead

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 09:52:50 AM
It looks kind of ugly.

Raghavan: RagDude, that ain't a pic of a GR-1 you're lookin' at--that's a mirror!
So many stairs...so little time...

Nethead

Perhaps a fine car, but one that nobody really needs--how many front-engined RWD two-passenger sportscars does the world need??  This market is perhaps the most overcrowded on Earth--especially when you divide the combined units sold annually by the number of manufacturers of same.  Without much effort, anyone in these threads can probably name thirty or more makes and models of these vehicles without having to look up even one.  Shit, even Saturn makes one!

If Ford needed another front-engined RWD two-passenger sportscar they woulda kept Aston Martin, huh?  And even after selling off Aston Martin, they still have the XKR, the MX-5, and they provide powerplants for the Panozes and several less-well-known European front-engined RWD two-passenger sportscars--to say nothing of powerplants for mid-engined two-passenger sportscars like Saleens and Koenigeggs and doubtless others.

So many stairs...so little time...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Nethead on March 17, 2007, 10:20:43 PM
Raghavan: RagDude, that ain't a pic of a GR-1 you're lookin' at--that's a mirror!

WTF did he ever do to your sorry ass?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ro51092

FordSVT

Quote from: Nethead on March 17, 2007, 10:55:50 PM
Perhaps a fine car, but one that nobody really needs--how many front-engined RWD two-passenger sportscars does the world need???

That's like asking, "How many hot women does the world need?" As long as carmakers want to build them, I say keep them coming. Choice is good, and even if I'll never be able to afford most of them, they're wonderful to look at and dream about. Also, if and when Ford decides to build this the Ford GT will no longer be available for sale, so there is no net gain in the market as far as the number of models go.

Seriously, Nethead, "How many front engine rwd two passenger sports cars does the world need?" Surely you remember the 1990s when they all but disappeared? We are in the golden age of automobiles my friend, revel in it!
-FordSVT-

cawimmer430

The 3/4 side view looks very Aston Martinish. But yeah, nice. :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Champ

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 17, 2007, 11:15:43 PM
WTF did he ever do to your sorry ass?
I dunno, but maybe he's a sensitive douchebag who gets offended if i don't like something he does like.
:huh:

Tave

I like it, but I don't get it. They've been carting around this thing (or versions of it) to different autoshows for years. They aren't going to make it, or anything like it, are they? So what's the point?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on March 18, 2007, 11:35:41 AM
I like it, but I don't get it. They've been carting around this thing (or versions of it) to different autoshows for years. They aren't going to make it, or anything like it, are they? So what's the point?
Two years actually.  There are only two of them in existence too.  The first is this one and the other is identical except the bodywork is polished aluminum and basically a mirror.

Ford announced last year that the car would not be built, however they also said that about the Ford GT.  One can only hope they decide to build it.  I have always loved the car it gets its inspiration from, and I love this car too.

JYODER240

Raghavan

E46M3

I saw this car at the Calgary autoshow too......I thought it was just o.k. looking.
2005 M3 6spd

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on March 17, 2007, 12:26:01 PM

Wrong.  I don't like the E90 and the AMV8 is subpar compared to the less expensive 911. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

Huh, i'd rather have an Aston over a Porsche... Porsches are too popular. Even college kids drive them around these days. *ahem*

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on March 18, 2007, 06:08:17 PM
Huh, i'd rather have an Aston over a Porsche... Porsches are too popular. Even college kids drive them around these days. *ahem*

You're right.  I can see why you'd pay 20 grand more for a Ford that doesn't perform as well.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

Well I wouldn't expect a Porsche owner to understand why i'd rather take an Aston over a Porsche.