Calgary Car Show - Tundra vs. GMC Denali

Started by SVT666, March 16, 2007, 11:39:27 PM

SVT666

Granted it's not a fair fight, but my battery died before I could get a pic of the Silverado.  In my opinion the F-150's interior is still king, and the quality of materials used in the F-150 is still superior to the GM twins and the Tundra.  The Tundra does not come close to the GM trucks though.  The layout of the centre stack is terrible and the HVAC dials are definitely a reach.  It was poorly designed.  The Ram's interior is not even in the same realm.  It is a step down from the 2005 that I have and it comes nowhere near these trucks.

I don't know why the wood from the Denali looks like this in pictures because it certainly didn't look like this in person.

The Tundra's interior.

Catman

Wow, the wood looks gross in the GMC.  I see the knob stealers are at work even in Canada.

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on March 17, 2007, 08:50:49 AM
Wow, the wood looks gross in the GMC.? I see the knob stealers are at work even in Canada.
They take them off so people don't steal them.

goldenlover1101

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 08:52:43 AM
Why did they take only one? The styling in the Tundra's interior clashes way too much for my tastes. i hate the wood in the GMC though. With a different shade of wood it would be a very nice interior

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

280Z Turbo

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 08:52:43 AM

"They" being theives of course.

SVT666

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on March 17, 2007, 08:54:32 PM
Why did they take only one?
I don't follow. :huh:

The styling in the Tundra's interior clashes way too much for my tastes. i hate the wood in the GMC though. With a different shade of wood it would be a very nice interior
I guess you missed the part where I said the wood doesn't look like that in person so I don't know why it showed up like that in the picture.? It's not quite so vibrant in person.

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on March 17, 2007, 08:56:06 PM
"They" being theives of course.
"They" being the dealers displaying the cars.  The cars they take the knobs off of are the ones that people are allowed to get in and out of.

goldenlover1101

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 08:57:15 PM
I guess you missed the part where I said the wood doesn't look like that in person so I don't know why it showed up like that in the picture.? It's not quite so vibrant in person.
The tundra is missing only one HVAC knob. Why would they remove only one and leave four others? I saw what you wrote earlier, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was saying if that since the wood looks different in than in the pic, it should be a nice interior

AKL

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 08:57:15 PM
I guess you missed the part where I said the wood doesn't look like that in person so I don't know why it showed up like that in the picture.  It's not quite so vibrant in person.

It's because you use flash. Flash totally ruins cars. That's why I never used my flash at the autoshow. But I admit it is harder becasue of the low shutter speed you'll have.

I looked at both the Tundra and Silverado at the autoshow. I was REALLY impressed with the improvement in GM's interiors. The new GM trucks were all nicely done. The Tundra was alright quality wise. But I agree that it is a reach to get to some of the controls.   
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

SVT666

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on March 17, 2007, 09:49:45 PM
The tundra is missing only one HVAC knob. Why would they remove only one and leave four others? I saw what you wrote earlier, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was saying if that since the wood looks different in than in the pic, it should be a nice interior
Actually I gotta admit that I didn't even notice the HVAC knob was missing.  I thought everyone was talking about the gear shift knob. :lol:

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 18, 2007, 12:26:49 PM
Actually I gotta admit that I didn't even notice the HVAC knob was missing. I thought everyone was talking about the gear shift knob. :lol:
Lay off the dope young man. :nono:

goldenlover1101

Actually I gotta admit that I didn't even notice the HVAC knob was missing.? I thought everyone was talking about the gear shift knob. :lol:
I thought i was going crazy

TheIntrepid

Actually I gotta admit that I didn't even notice the HVAC knob was missing.  I thought everyone was talking about the gear shift knob. :lol:

:lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

I hate the Tundra's interior, but all of that fake wood in the GMC isn't doing it any favors with me.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cozmik

The fake wood in that pic in the GMC looks bad, Then again, so does the fake metal in the Tundra. I can't say anything about the Tundra, but the GMC looks better in person.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Secret Chimp

The HVAC, 4WD and shift knob are all missing. Get some bifocals, you old men :P

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

goldenlover1101

Quote from: Secret Chimp on March 22, 2007, 04:54:44 AM
The HVAC, 4WD and shift knob are all missing. Get some bifocals, you old men :P
I know, but they left 4 HVAC knobs, why? Why not remove all of them? People are really sad to steal knobs of new cars. how pathetic.