Calgary Car Show - Supercars

Started by SVT666, March 17, 2007, 09:33:03 AM

SVT666

Looks like a kit car even more now that I've seen it up close.

Raghavan

goldenlover1101

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

omicron

Where on earth was this show held? All the cars are practically on top of each other, and all the visitors are on each other's shoulders.

SVT666

Quote from: omicron on March 17, 2007, 09:30:50 PM
Where on earth was this show held? All the cars are practically on top of each other, and all the visitors are on each other's shoulders.
It was held in a convention centre and a junior hockey rink that is attached to the convention centre.  Personally I thought the show a little slow when I was there.  not too many people in my opinion.

omicron

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2007, 09:46:28 PM
It was held in a convention centre and a junior hockey rink that is attached to the convention centre. Personally I thought the show a little slow when I was there. not too many people in my opinion.

Ah, that's why I saw seats in the background.

Galaxy

Did Ferrari run out of Yellow and Red paint?  :huh:

A silver Ferrari.  :banghead:

SVT666

All the cars except for the future cars or show cars are brought in by local dealers.  The Ferraris, Astons, Maserati, Bentleys, and Lamborghinis all fell into that category.  I heard a Ferrari rep say that they were relegated to the arena because by the time they decided to take part in the show the main halls were already full.

TheIntrepid

Those Astons are some design milestones.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ro51092

That Elise is AWESOME.

That F430 is absolutely beautiful.

E46M3

Those Aston Martins were in a class of their own, IMHO,....next to that modified E46 M3 right across from them. :P
2005 M3 6spd

93JC

Quote from: Galaxy on March 18, 2007, 01:42:50 PM

It's light blue in person.

Raza

Quote from: Galaxy on March 18, 2007, 01:42:50 PM

It's actually light blue, as Mark already stated, but you see so many red and now yellow Ferraris, it's nice to see them in another color.  Those deep blue 355s look amazing.  A red Ferrari is so...."me too".
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Galaxy

Quote from: 93JC on March 18, 2007, 05:42:07 PM
It's light blue in person.

Even worse. The bumper has a shade of blue but the hood looked greyish/silver to me.

Galaxy

Quote from: Raza on March 18, 2007, 06:02:31 PM
A red Ferrari is so...."me too".

It is a tradition. Perhaps one should change the color of St. Patricks day because green is so me too.  ;)

Raza

Quote from: Galaxy on March 20, 2007, 04:54:05 AM
It is a tradition. Perhaps one should change the color of St. Patricks day because green is so me too.  ;)

I'm sick and tired of it.  It's like saying all Volvos should be beige and all Accords, Camrys, Benzes, and BMWs should be silver.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8174.msg391987#msg391987 date=1174410014
I'm sick and tired of it.? It's like saying all Volvos should be beige and all Accords, Camrys, Benzes, and BMWs should be silver.
For what's worth, I agree.  Me agreeing may have just weakened your argument :mask:

ChrisV

I love silver Ferrari's... new or, especially, old:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raghavan

IMHO, black ferrari's look the best.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Raza

Those are gorgeous.

But I'm convinced.  Ferraris should only ever be sold in red, and all other colored Ferraris must be repainted.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

I think porches should only be on the front of houses.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 20, 2007, 12:16:34 PM
I think porches should only be on the front of houses.

Porches are awesome, and my house will have one someday.  Every neighborhood needs the crazy old guy on the front porch with a whiskey bottle and a Winchester.  I'm going to be that dude.

But now I've gone way off topic, so I digress...
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Galaxy

Call me a stubborn traditionalist then in this case at least. I found it annoying when they replaced rosso corsa with the Marlboro red on the F1 cars. And yes I am aware that they raced white/blue for a short time.

Imo it is always wonderful to see a sea of red at Ferrari meets.

Ferrari days at the N?rburgring 2006

SVT666

Quote from: The Pirate on March 20, 2007, 12:22:57 PM

Porches are awesome, and my house will have one someday.? Every neighborhood needs the crazy old guy on the front porch with a whiskey bottle and a Winchester.? I'm going to be that dude.

I am that dude.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 20, 2007, 01:37:46 PM
I am that dude.

I used to be that dude, with cigars.  But my friend with the front porch moved, and now we, as a group, are porchless.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8174.msg392125#msg392125 date=1174419568
I used to be that dude, with cigars.? But my friend with the front porch moved, and now we, as a group, are porchless.
It'll be worse when my daughter is 16.  Then I will be the scary old man with the whiskey and the gun who will kill the boy that touches my daughter. :lol: