2006 Lexus GS 430 vs. 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport

Started by BMWDave, June 15, 2005, 05:54:36 AM

BMWDave

Road Test: 2006 Lexus GS 430 vs. 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport

Link

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

As usual they didn't bother to give a clear winner, but from just skimming the article it does look like they favored the M.  

BMWDave

QuoteAs usual they didn't bother to give a clear winner, but from just skimming the article it does look like they favored the M.
Thats what I dont like about MT, it seems that they are so ad conscious that they cant bear to hand any company a loss.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Wasn't it MT who just gave the Cobalt a last-place finish in a comparo? They sometimes will declare a winner and loser, just not as often as C/D.

BMWDave

QuoteWasn't it MT who just gave the Cobalt a last-place finish in a comparo? They sometimes will declare a winner and loser, just not as often as C/D.
Very rarely...almost every review that I read from them ends "if youre looking for such and such, then this is the car for you."  "if youre looking etc...and it just goes on without a clear winner.

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

I like the GS over the M.

I don't know, there's just something about the new GS and IS...

I'm going to test drive an IS250 for sure before I decide on my next car.

BMWDave

QuoteI like the GS over the M.

I don't know, there's just something about the new GS and IS...

I'm going to test drive an IS250 for sure before I decide on my next car.
The GS looks better IMO.  

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

The M looks great to me.......until you walk out back and get attacked by those enormous taillights! :o  

TBR

QuoteThe M looks great to me.......until you walk out back and get attacked by those enormous taillights! :o
I agree, the car is good looking except for those huge taillights, I guess it is something for them to work for the midcycle refresh.  

BMWDave

QuoteThe M looks great to me.......until you walk out back and get attacked by those enormous taillights! :o
I agree, the car is good looking except for those huge taillights, I guess it is something for them to work for the midcycle refresh.
It also makes the car look a little bulbous.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

True, though they are still better than the 5-series headlights imho.  

BMWDave

NO WAY!!!! (imo :lol: )

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Believe it or not, I love the rest of the 5-series styling, but the dragon fly headlights ruin the whole car for me :(.

850CSi

Believe it or not, I love the rest of the 5-series styling, but the dragon fly headlights ruin the whole car for me :(.
The headlights and grille are disgusting. Horrendous. Terribly fugly. AAAAAH DISGUSTING!!!
But I'm starting to see a LOT of them, and each time... The side and rear of the 5-Series make it easily the best-loooking BMW from those angles. Incredibly agressive yet proper. I love it. Imagine how good it would look if you pasted the E90s front onto the rest of the body... AWESOME.

BMWDave

The headlights and grille are disgusting. Horrendous. Terribly fugly. AAAAAH DISGUSTING!!!
But I'm starting to see a LOT of them, and each time... The side and rear of the 5-Series make it easily the best-loooking BMW from those angles. Incredibly agressive yet proper. I love it. Imagine how good it would look if you pasted the E90s front onto the rest of the body... AWESOME.
I agree with you.  The side angle looks so aggresive....I also like it the best of any BMW.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Ends up looking a lot like a Maxima from that angle, doesn't it?

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Zcarnut

QuoteAs usual they didn't bother to give a clear winner, but from just skimming the article it does look like they favored the M.
Thats what I dont like about MT, it seems that they are so ad conscious that they cant bear to hand any company a loss.
Read the last paprgraph of the article.Its quite clear to me who they gave the nod to.

.."But if you're seeking a true driver's car that encourages you to make excuses to hop behind the wheel to look for the long way home, the M45 is the right choice here."
I do drive a Honda (when im mowing my lawn).

BMWDave

Read the last paprgraph of the article.Its quite clear to me who they gave the nod to.

.."But if you're seeking a true driver's car that encourages you to make excuses to hop behind the wheel to look for the long way home, the M45 is the right choice here."
Whats the "but"?  Why cant they give a clear winner?

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

Personally, I see way too much Altima in the M45.

MrH

QuotePersonally, I see way too much Altima in the M45.
You say that like it's a bad thing.  They do look kind of similar, but I'm a big fan of the Altima's styling.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

BMWDave

You say that like it's a bad thing.  They do look kind of similar, but I'm a big fan of the Altima's styling.
I love the altima, but I think I see too many Nissan styling components in this car (even though they both are connected brands).  The G35 doesnt look like an Nissan, the previous M didnt look like any US Nissan (It was sort of a rebadged Nissan Cedric, that would sold in Japan), so they should have made ths M a little different IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

I love the altima, but I think I see too many Nissan styling components in this car (even though they both are connected brands).  The G35 doesnt look like an Nissan, the previous M didnt look like any US Nissan (It was sort of a rebadged Nissan Cedric, that would sold in Japan), so they should have made ths M a little different IMO.
Sort of? It was a rebadged Nissan. And an M45 for me.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Fire It Up

I'm in agreement.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

TBR

I'm in agreement.
As am I.  

Raza

M45 in this lot--easiest decision I've made all day.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

I really don't think Infiniti's $50K entry is supposed to bear any resemblance to a FWD family sedan half its price.

Raza

I really don't think Infiniti's $50K entry is supposed to bear any resemblance to a FWD family sedan half its price.
As long as it's not in the way it drives, I'm happy.  The Altima is not very stable.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

As long as it's not in the way it drives, I'm happy.  The Altima is not very stable.
At what speeds?

2007 Honda S2000