Shelby GT500KR

Started by TheIntrepid, March 30, 2007, 12:00:31 PM

Raghavan

Sure, in your opinion. MINE is different.

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on April 06, 2007, 02:13:54 PM
Seriously, you guys need a Mustang forum.
You don't need to post in this thread...or even bother opening it.  It's your choice, no one is forcing you to.

Raghavan

He's got a point. 8 out of 20 threads on the first page of the fast lane are all about mustangs.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 06, 2007, 02:33:26 PM
You don't need to post in this thread...or even bother opening it.? It's your choice, no one is forcing you to.

You don't need to keep making new Mustang threads either.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on April 06, 2007, 02:34:40 PM
He's got a point. 8 out of 20 threads on the first page of the fast lane are all about mustangs.
So?? There's lots of Mustang news right now.? It's not our fault there hasn't been much coming from other manufacurers lately.  Besides three of those threads are old that were brought back by someone else.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 06, 2007, 02:36:06 PM
So?? There's lots of Mustang news right now.? It's not our fault there hasn't been much coming from other manufacurers lately.

No, it is your fault that you only pay attention to and post Mustang news.

Raghavan

Quote from: NACar on April 06, 2007, 02:37:17 PM
Pwnt.

Onslaught

I could do without the plaque between the A/C vents and it's a little overkill with all the Cobras all over it.. All in all a good looking car.

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on April 06, 2007, 02:37:17 PM
I don't only pay attention to Mustang news and if you weren't so concerned with my obsession with the Mustang you would notice I have started threads that dealt with GM's new small cars, Ford's new Expedition and the Foose F-150.  I also started new threads about several other cars and I participate in shit loads more.  The Mustang is my favourite car, and if that bothers you then I don't give a flying fuck.

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on April 06, 2007, 02:35:50 PM
You don't need to keep making new Mustang threads either.
Of those 8 threads I started 4.  Two of those are old threads that were brought back to life by someone else.  One thread was started by Nethead, another by ifcar, another by 850CSI, and this one by Intrepid.

TheIntrepid

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

NACar will win. :praise:
He has his intellectual basils on his side.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on April 06, 2007, 02:51:57 PM
NACar will win. :praise:
He has his intellectual basils on his side.

It seems you have become obsessed with the Basils. That could be a problem because you see, they are mine and not yours.

Raghavan

Fine, i'll plant my own basils and they'll be better than yours. :praise:

Raghavan

Oh, and Craig will win this argument because NACar is being a dick and won't share his basils. :nono:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on April 06, 2007, 02:54:20 PM
Fine, i'll plant my own basils and they'll be better than yours. :praise:

That is impossible, because mine are the best ever.

LonghornTX

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 06, 2007, 02:33:26 PM
You don't need to post in this thread...or even bother opening it.  It's your choice, no one is forcing you to.
Seriously.  If you don't like a thread's subject, or do not care to participate, then don't open it.  Seems pretty simple to me  :confused:.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT666

Quote from: LonghornTX on April 06, 2007, 03:07:12 PM
Seriously.? If you don't like a thread's subject, or do not care to participate, then don't open it.? Seems pretty simple to me? :confused:.
BTW, what do you think of the new pictures I posted on Page 2?

Raghavan

BTW is the Boss supposed to be a limited edition car?

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on April 06, 2007, 03:16:43 PM
BTW is the Boss supposed to be a limited edition car?
Yeah.  I think it's 1000 of them and that's it.

Raghavan

:cry: :cry:
st00pit Ford. They produce a miniscule amount of cars that i actually really really like!
I MUST GET MY HANDS ON A BOSS MUSTANG!!!

LonghornTX

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 06, 2007, 03:15:13 PM
BTW, what do you think of the new pictures I posted on Page 2?
It looks a lot better in those pics, the wheels included.  Personally, I think I would shrink down the Cobra badges size, probably removing the one on the front.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT666

Quote from: LonghornTX on April 06, 2007, 06:13:16 PM
It looks a lot better in those pics, the wheels included.? Personally, I think I would shrink down the Cobra badges size, probably removing the one on the front.
I thought I would remove the fender badges and keep the one in the grille.

omicron

Not bad, not bad. I want sequential tail-lights!

Nethead

Quote from: Raghavan on April 06, 2007, 02:25:52 PM
Meh, not impressed. I'd rather see the Boss. That's the only Mustang i'm truly excited about.

I feel weird, but the Nethead here is actually in some agreement with the RagDude(?? :(??)  It's true, as HemiDude says, that the GT500KR is the latest in a long line of ever-more-powerful production Mustangs.  But the various rumors about the Boss make it sound not only more affordable but more appropriate for after-purchase modifications (diddlin' even a little bit with the hardware on a GT500KR will affect it's classic value at auctions some decades from now).  The Boss is the one most folks will modify into a wheelstanding dragstrip terror; or a hunkered-down, interior-stripped, fender-flared, rollcage-enhanced, suspension-upgraded, entry-level roadracing asskicker :devil:--done a few steps at a time rather than the whole banana FR500C built to the specs of a particular roadracing series...the GT500KR is for those who want it complete, the Boss is for those who want to stretch the investment out while they try the modifications they feel will give the Mustang the persona they want their vehicle to have while retaining those features they appreciate (like upholstery, perhaps...).  Bliss either way...
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on April 09, 2007, 10:32:52 AM
I feel weird, but the Nethead here is actually in some agreement with the RagDude(?? :(??)? It's true, as HemiDude says, that the GT500KR is the latest in a long line of ever-more-powerful production Mustangs.? But the various rumors about the Boss make it sound not only more affordable but more appropriate for after-purchase modifications (diddlin' even a little bit with the hardware on a GT500KR will affect it's classic value at auctions some decades from now).? The Boss is the one most folks will modify into a wheelstanding dragstrip terror; or a hunkered-down, interior-stripped, fender-flared, rollcage-enhanced, suspension-upgraded, entry-level roadracing asskicker :devil:--done a few steps at a time rather than the whole banana FR500C built to the specs of a particular roadracing series...the GT500KR is for those who want it complete, the Boss is for those who want to stretch the investment out while they try the modifications they feel will give the Mustang the persona they want their vehicle to have while retaining those features they appreciate (like upholstery, perhaps...).? Bliss either way...
I disagree.  There's only supposed to be 1000 Boss' made just like the GT500KR.  They'll probably both be worth stupid money down the road.

SVT666

I'm seeing rumours on some other sites that are supposedly from "trustworthy sources" that say the horsepower number is going to be closer to 600 hp then the 540 hp that has been "estimated" so far.  I wouldn't be surprised condsidering the GT500 was only supposed to have 475 hp when they first announced it.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 09, 2007, 12:18:24 PM
I disagree.? There's only supposed to be 1000 Boss' made just like the GT500KR.? They'll probably both be worth stupid money down the road.

It's fine to disagree, but consider that the Boss will not be a Shelby, so tampering with it will lose less value than tampering with a GT500KR.  It's that "authentic" adjective that cranks up the bidding dollars--even beyond the "rarity" issue--and you and I understand why that is.  The bid-soaring features are:  Authenticity, condition, desirability, rarity, age, and performance.  You may know others.  Without studying collectibles, I came up with these as probably the top six, but whether they are truly the top six bid-enhancers in descending order the Nethead here just does not know...
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on April 10, 2007, 10:18:57 AM
It's fine to disagree, but consider that the Boss will not be a Shelby, so tampering with it will lose less value than tampering with a GT500KR.? It's that "authentic" adjective that cranks up the bidding dollars--even beyond the "rarity" issue--and you and I understand why that is.? The bid-soaring features are:? Authenticity, condition, desirability, rarity, age, and performance.? You may know others.? Without studying collectibles, I came up with these as probably the top six, but whether they are truly the top six bid-enhancers in descending order the Nethead here just does not know...
In the end I don't really care, because I don't buy cars for their resale value, I buy what I like to drive...because I'm going to drive the hell out of it.  If I had the money I might buy two and store one.  But storing cars is not in my nature.  A car like that would be in my posession till the day I die and then my kids will get it.  I would restore it as required, but I would never stop driving it.  A GT500KR or a BOSS in my posession would be driven daily and driven hard.  Just like if I had a '68 Mustang.

850CSi

Quote from: LonghornTX on April 06, 2007, 03:07:12 PM
Seriously.? If you don't like a thread's subject, or do not care to participate, then don't open it.? Seems pretty simple to me? :confused:.

+1