Looking for a good repair manual

Started by SaltyDog, April 03, 2007, 01:54:58 PM

SaltyDog

The plan is to sell my '94 Lesabre, but to maximize what I can get for it I should do a few things.  Among them, replace the serpentine belt, trans cooler lines, head gaskets, and fix an intake leak.  I'm looking for something that lays out the process.  Haynes?  I'm not sure what else is out there.  Thanks :thumbsup:

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: SaltyDog on April 03, 2007, 01:54:58 PM
The plan is to sell my '94 Lesabre, but to maximize what I can get for it I should do a few things.? Among them, replace the serpentine belt, trans cooler lines, head gaskets, and fix an intake leak.? I'm looking for something that lays out the process.? Haynes?? I'm not sure what else is out there.? Thanks :thumbsup:

Google up Helms for a reprint of the real factory manual: they're not cheap, but they're model specific and worth it.

But really for what you need a chilton's or hayne's will work: and the stuff they don't cover you can usually figure out.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

I just got an actual factory service manual for my bike from, that's right, www.repairmanuals.com! I'm not kidding, and it was a heck of a lot cheaper than it was listed for on any other website.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SaltyDog

Cool.  After a little poking around Chilton looks a little more comprehensive than Haynes.  The real factory manuals are probably overkill and too expensive though.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.