Started by 850CSi, April 05, 2007, 02:58:51 PM

Rather straightforward...

'Stang [Shelby GT]
10 (23.8%)
GTO
32 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

The Pirate

Cobra93, is your Mustang a manual or automatic tranny?
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Cobra93

Quote from: The Pirate on April 06, 2007, 09:53:53 AM
Cobra93, is your Mustang a manual or automatic tranny?

Automatic?!?! Blasphemy!!!  :lol:

The Pirate

Quote from: Cobra93 on April 06, 2007, 10:08:54 AM

:lol:

It's a beautiful car, and I like it even better after reading that!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

Panama_Chopster

In other forums I used to be known as GTO_Fan. My fave is the 1966 model.

I prefer a car that looks good without having to rely on previous designs. And having lived with two GM and one GM-powered car; I'm willing to put my money on the GTO. The interior seems more usable, and I am all for the sleeper looks. Something that looks innocent and had more than enough balls to blow your doors off.

Make it Impulse blue metallic with the matching interior, manual and I am happy.

Oh, and the Monaro VXR rims would be more than welcome.

Cobra93

Quote from: The Pirate on April 06, 2007, 10:14:57 AM

It's a beautiful car, and I like it even better after reading that!

Thank you. You have impeccable taste.  :praise:

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on April 06, 2007, 10:08:54 AM

That's what I like to hear!  Attaboy!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Panama_Chopster

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

I went ahead and voted Mustang, only because to me Mustang Convertible > GTO > Mustang Coupe.

One would have to get suspension bits for it, though.

ro51092

I have no idea. Since we're comparing the Shelby GT and the GTO, it's a tough choice. If it was the GT, I would take the GTO. IMO, the Mustang is better looking by a large margin, but that LS2 is an absolutely fantastic motor. Meh, until Ford puts a new motor in the Mustang GT, the GTO gets my vote.

TBR

Not having driven them, a GTO. But, a '05 GT is on my list of cars to look at next year (haven't really looked at prices though). For anyone that cars, black with red leather for the GTO and silver with black leather for the Mustang.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on April 06, 2007, 04:49:30 PM
Not having driven them, a GTO. But, a '05 GT is on my list of cars to look at next year (haven't really looked at prices though). For anyone that cars, black with red leather for the GTO and silver with black leather for the Mustang.

Silver Mustang?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

I voted Goat, i like sleepers.

TBR

Raza

Quote from: TBR on April 06, 2007, 04:57:18 PM
Yeah, something wrong with that?

I just don't think silver works well with angular designs.  That's why pre-flame BMWs didn't look good in silver.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on April 06, 2007, 04:57:18 PM
Yeah, something wrong with that?
Not at all, but have you ever seen the red leather interior in the Mustang?  It's hot.  The red leather is on my list of must-haves when I'm looking for my 2005 Mustang next year.

TBR

It's too red for my tastes. The Mustang interior is already so shamelessly retro (I really don't like it) and have that retro of color for the interior would put it over the line imho.

And, silver looks awesome on Mustangs. I get so tired of seeing black and red ones.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TBR on April 06, 2007, 05:01:31 PM
It's too red for my tastes. The Mustang interior is already so shamelessly retro (I really don't like it) and have that retro of color for the interior would put it over the line imho.

And, silver looks awesome on Mustangs. I get so tired of seeing black and red ones.

You immature fucking moron. How can you not like the Mustang because it's retro!? It's the best car on the face of the planet and you had no right to say what you said! That is perhaps the stupidest statement ever posted on CarSPIN!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raghavan

Quote from: TBR on April 06, 2007, 05:01:31 PM

The Red is too red? :wtf:
IMHO the red GTO and 'Stang interiors are awesome.

TBR

It makes the interior look cheap to me.

Cobra93

Quote from: NACar on April 06, 2007, 05:03:49 PM
You immature fucking moron. How can you not like the Mustang because it's retro!? It's the best car on the face of the planet and you had no right to say what you said! That is perhaps the stupidest statement ever posted on CarSPIN!

Nope. I believe that award goes to this one.

Quote from: NACar on April 04, 2007, 07:38:56 PM
My Esteem looks better than that Mustang.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rohan

I went GTO.

I know big surprise but I only know the GTO- I'm thinkning about driving a Cobra/GT500 to see if it's as fast as mine. 

On another note I'm buying the 96 Cobra Hounddog has on time.  Until it's half paid for in a couple months he's keeping it - upside- he doesn't drive it.  When I do get possesion of it my G/F will drive one of them during the summer and I'll drive the ohter.  By then we MAY get married ...............but like I told her- don't hold me to it. :lol:  Yup we'll have 4 cars.  I think I'm gonna sell my truck because we'll have her Durango adn I'm drivin the GTO when it's not too bad out anyway in the winter.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on April 06, 2007, 05:04:53 PM
It makes the interior look cheap to me.
Really?? I thought it was by far the richest looking colour for the interior.? To each their own.

This kinda ironic this thread was about 100X more civil than the 350Z vs Mustang thread.

Panama_Chopster

The blue interior on the GTO is better. How many more cars will you see with blue leather? not that many.

Oh and grabber orange for a mustang.

mazda6er

Quote from: 850CSi on April 06, 2007, 10:44:17 AM
I went ahead and voted Mustang, only because to me Mustang Convertible > GTO > Mustang Coupe.

One would have to get suspension bits for it, though.
Mustang Convertible is in the front?!  :confused: Whhhhyyyyyyyy. It's so...not Mustang-y.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

280Z Turbo

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 06, 2007, 07:17:20 PM
Really?  I thought it was by far the richest looking colour for the interior.  To each their own.

I'm sorry, but the interior on the Mustang is an absolute nightmare. I've sat in one and hated it instantly. They need to add that tacky aluminum shit just so it doesn't look like a work truck interior.