Rather straightforward...

'Stang [Shelby GT]
10 (23.8%)
GTO
32 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 06, 2007, 11:30:28 PM
I'm sorry, but the interior on the Mustang is an absolute nightmare. I've sat in one and hated it instantly. They need to add that tacky aluminum shit just so it doesn't look like a work truck interior.
millions would disagree...including me.

TBR

I'm sorry, but the interior on the Mustang is an absolute nightmare. I've sat in one and hated it instantly. They need to add that tacky aluminum shit just so it doesn't look like a work truck interior.

I am with you, that is why the GT has never been at the top of my list. I like the exterior because it is pretty modern while still retaining a lot of the classic Mustang styling cues, but the interior is just plain retro.

Cobra93

Quote from: 565 on April 06, 2007, 10:09:07 PM
This kinda ironic this thread was about 100X more civil than the 350Z vs Mustang thread.

Screw you, goat lover.  :evildude:

280Z Turbo

280Z Turbo

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 07, 2007, 08:11:14 AM

Millions voted for George W. Bush...twice.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

93JC

Quote from: mazda6er on April 05, 2007, 06:43:54 PM
http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=2529.0

Blast from the past, just for kicks and comparison.

Quote from: 93JC on September 26, 2005, 09:37:35 PM
Quote from: mazda6er on September 26, 2005, 05:52:18 PM
It's muscle car time! Let the games begin. (The post title is a variation of a "Ghostbusters" quote for those who aren't privy to that info.)  :D
"This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions."
"What do you mean, biblical?"
"What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor... real Wrath-of-God-type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies."
"Rivers and seas boiling!"
"Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanos."
"The dead rising from the grave!"
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!"

:lol: 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: 93JC on April 07, 2007, 12:50:46 PM
"This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions."
"What do you mean, biblical?"
"What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor... real Wrath-of-God-type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies."
"Rivers and seas boiling!"
"Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanos."
"The dead rising from the grave!"
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!"

:lol:?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds an awful lot like what Al Gore and David Suzuki would have us believe is going to happen with global warming. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 07, 2007, 12:40:02 PM
Millions voted for George W. Bush...twice.
Thankfully people have much better taste in cars then they do in Presidents. :ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 07, 2007, 01:18:00 PM
Thankfully people have much better taste in cars then they do in Presidents. :ohyeah:

Even more people buy Camrys.

:(
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

LonghornTX

Eh, I would disagree.  Yea, it certainly is not great, but in perspective, it is no worse than a 350Z IMO.  The GTO, on the other hand, does have a very nice interior.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Cobra93

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8461.msg409784#msg409784 date=1175973580
Even more people buy Camrys.

:(
You have to find a hole in every argument don't you? :lol:

Cobra93

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 07, 2007, 12:38:30 PM
^makes love with a horse^

:lol:

Well. I am hung like one.  :tounge:

A seahorse.  :mask:

Cobra93

If GM was watching this poll, they'd probably be wondering why people were ordering Mustangs and paying a premium over sticker while Pontiac couldn't give away GTO's.  :huh:

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on April 07, 2007, 01:35:50 PM
If GM was watching this poll, they'd probably be wondering why people were ordering Mustangs and paying a premium over sticker while Pontiac couldn't give away GTO's.  :huh:

Trendiness has nothing to do with quality.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 07, 2007, 08:11:14 AM
Millions? I think that's a rather large number. How about thousands?

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on April 07, 2007, 01:38:32 PM

Obviously, many perceived that.  :tounge:

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on April 07, 2007, 01:43:24 PM
Obviously, many perceived that.  :tounge:

The reason the Mustang hasn't bust yet is that there is quality there.  And affordability.  The GTO came here with the wrong nameplate, classic good looks that were, perhaps, wrong for the era, and a price tag that was higher than most people expected.  The GTO suffered from people expected it to be something it wasn't.  They wanted a new Trans Am.  It wasn't.  They wanted a retro muscle car.  It wasn't.  What it was was a sophisticated, strong handling, European-style GT that was more fit to go against cars like the G35 and 330Ci than the Mustang GT. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8461.msg409818#msg409818 date=1175975286
The reason the Mustang hasn't bust yet is that there is quality there.? And affordability.? The GTO came here with the wrong nameplate, classic good looks that were, perhaps, wrong for the era, and a price tag that was higher than most people expected.? The GTO suffered from people expected it to be something it wasn't.? They wanted a new Trans Am.? It wasn't.? They wanted a retro muscle car.? It wasn't.? What it was was a sophisticated, strong handling, European-style GT that was more fit to go against cars like the G35 and 330Ci than the Mustang GT.?

Nicely put.

GTO for me too.

If  I can afford one after school, and it makes any sense at all to drive a V8 everywhere, I'll be looking for a clean example.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8461.msg409807#msg409807 date=1175974712
No, but 80% of the respondents to this poll say they would buy a GTO over a Mustang, yet in the real world it was more like 90% took a Mustang.

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on April 07, 2007, 01:48:06 PM
The reason the Mustang hasn't bust yet is that there is quality there.  And affordability.  The GTO came here with the wrong nameplate, classic good looks that were, perhaps, wrong for the era, and a price tag that was higher than most people expected.  The GTO suffered from people expected it to be something it wasn't.  They wanted a new Trans Am.  It wasn't.  They wanted a retro muscle car.  It wasn't.  What it was was a sophisticated, strong handling, European-style GT that was more fit to go against cars like the G35 and 330Ci than the Mustang GT. 

It may have suffered more from ignorant dealer practices than anything else. When I was shopping, the dealers were trying to get $4K over sticker and they were only stocking automatics.  :banghead:

In August of '04, I was able to find a dealer to order me a Mustang GT at $300 over invoice.

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on April 07, 2007, 01:39:32 PM
Millions? I think that's a rather large number. How about thousands?
Since the S197 Mustang came out they are on pace to sell over 600,000 of them by the end of this year.  There are  exponentially more that want one or lust after one that aren't in the position to buy one...like me.  That translates into millions.

Tave

Well, the Mustang is the cheaper car. When it comes down to the final decision, money spent counts for a lot. Generally speaking, as price goes up, sales volume goes down.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on April 07, 2007, 02:15:53 PM
It may have suffered more from ignorant dealer practices than anything else. When I was shopping, the dealers were trying to get $4K over sticker and they were only stocking automatics.  :banghead:

In August of '04, I was able to find a dealer to order me a Mustang GT at $300 over invoice.

Yeah, that definitely hurt it as well.  You had dealers that wanted 5 grand over sticker (and we here on the forums know that even paying sticker is generally a ripoff) and were, as you said, only stocking automatics, and weren't offering test drives unless you were prepared to take delivery.  It's a big turnoff to buyers.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: Tave on April 07, 2007, 02:09:23 PM
Nicely put.

GTO for me too.

If  I can afford one after school, and it makes any sense at all to drive a V8 everywhere, I'll be looking for a clean example.

The LS1 versions get 29mpg highway, if that sways you at all...

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

VetteZ06

I'll take the GTO as well. The Mustang is a nice car, but after getting a chance to ride in a couple of them, I don't think it would be something I'd want to drive every day. The interior is really not that great, and the Goat just felt so much more substantial to me. Besides, I'll take the LS2 any day of the week. :ohyeah:

rohan

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8461.msg409887#msg409887 date=1175982458
The LS1 versions get 29mpg highway, if that sways you at all...

My 6.0 gets about 25-26 highway and that's pretty good.?

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Raza

Quote from: rohan on April 08, 2007, 08:11:47 AM
My 6.0 gets about 25-26 highway and that's pretty good. 

OT- does anyone know anything about the new GXP that looks like a updated  version of the GTO?  Is it v8 or supercharged v6?

The G8?  That has an LS2, I think, and a regular old V6.  362bhp and 261, respectively. 

Good looking, but I fear for its weight.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i