BM 350GT skyline vs IS350 vs 335i vs Legacy track battle

Started by 565, April 06, 2007, 07:02:17 PM

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 15, 2007, 10:59:33 PM
Try posting in complete sentences; that way I can understand what you're trying to say.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

1 BAD 7

Raza dont go insane in the membrane because I was not making fun of your car :confused:.

Instead I was pointing out how in one of the C/D tests they had Cayman or Boxster S runing times that were very near those of the Z4 M. When in reality the Z4 M has clear edge over the Porsche counter parts and by a significant margin. Even based on prior tests performed on earlier occassion by C/D the Z4 M posted better times. That is why even C/D thought that the Z4 M must have been too green to not show better times compared to the Porsche. As for lap times the difference was very little despite Z4 M being very green.

So calm down I was just pointing out that how this time arround BMW numbers didnot make sense to you and in that test of C/D it didnot make sense to me :huh: ;).

But then again while calling me immature you did a very mature thing indeed of attacking me in similar fashion? :rolleyes:.........anyways thanks for showing me your much more mature side :lol:? ?

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8480.msg424190#msg424190 date=1177163446
Yeah, the M roadster is quicker in a straight line than my Boxster S.? Not by much though, and they handle very poorly compared to the Boxster.? How very mature of you to try and call me out by say that some car that BMW makes is quicker than my car.? How about every time you say something, I point out how slow your 5 series is?? I mean, you'd get your ass beaten down by a Camry or Accord.? Clearly they are the better cars.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Raza

Quote from: Kayani_1 on April 22, 2007, 12:12:01 PM
Raza dont go insane in the membrane because I was not making fun of your car :confused:.

Instead I was pointing out how in one of the C/D tests they had Cayman or Boxster S runing times that were very near those of the Z4 M. When in reality the Z4 M has clear edge over the Porsche counter parts and by a significant margin. Even based on prior tests performed on earlier occassion by C/D the Z4 M posted better times. That is why even C/D thought that the Z4 M must have been too green to not show better times compared to the Porsche. As for lap times the difference was very little despite Z4 M being very green.

So calm down I was just pointing out that how this time arround BMW numbers didnot make sense to you and in that test of C/D it didnot make sense to me :huh: ;).

But then again while calling me immature you did a very mature thing indeed of attacking me in similar fashion  :rolleyes:.........anyways thanks for showing me your much more mature side :lol:   

It was a sarcastic example.

I didn't get your reference.  I'm just saying that the 335i's acceleration times seem too fast for what it is.  Maybe with the small scroll turbos the 0-60 can be semi-explained, but the E46 M3 should be noticeably faster.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2007, 09:22:02 AM

I didn't get your reference.  I'm just saying that the 335i's acceleration times seem too fast for what it is.  Maybe with the small scroll turbos the 0-60 can be semi-explained, but the E46 M3 should be noticeably faster.
Remember, though, that the 335i has more torque, earlier, and throughout a large rev range.  Being underrated probably wouldn't hurt either  :P.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raza

Quote from: LonghornTX on April 23, 2007, 01:29:26 PM
Remember, though, that the 335i has more torque, earlier, and throughout a large rev range.  Being underrated probably wouldn't hurt either  :P.

That's why I thought you could maybe justify the shot to 60.  How do the quarter mile times compare?

I still think being underrated is less likely than press fleet ringers.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

1 BAD 7

Well I am glad we got that figured out :ohyeah:......................so I hope no hard feelings ;).

Well like Longhorn pointed out 335i has 300 Ib-ft of torque vs 268 Ib-ft of torque for M3. Which is why the 335i is able to run times very near those of M3 in both 0-60mph as well as 0-100mph. After 100mph I am pretty sure the M3 starts to pull away.

Also M3 has posted times of 0-60mph in 4.6 sec. and 4.5 sec range in past recorded multiple times both by C/D as well as few others automotive sources. So overall M3 is a bit faster to 60mph then the 335i as the fastest time posted by 335i has been 4.8 sec and that edge extends all the way to 1/4th mile as well as 100mph.

Now I think that the only reason M3 is able to edge out the 335i to 60mph and 100mph is because it is slightly lighter and has far more aggressive ratio SMG II 6-speed tranny or  6-speed manual tranny. 

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8480.msg426100#msg426100 date=1177341722

I didn't get your reference.? I'm just saying that the 335i's acceleration times seem too fast for what it is.? Maybe with the small scroll turbos the 0-60 can be semi-explained, but the E46 M3 should be noticeably faster.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

LonghornTX

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=8480.msg427339#msg427339 date=1177428385
That's why I thought you could maybe justify the shot to 60.? How do the quarter mile times compare?

I still think being underrated is less likely than press fleet ringers.
I doubt the press fleet ringers story.....
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.