06 Accord refresh pics

Started by crv16, June 16, 2005, 11:41:53 AM

TBR

QuoteI'd say 1995 was the best fairly recent year for midsize sedans. The Accord, Camry, Taurus, Galant, 626, Altima, Maxima: all were clean and tasteful without looking horribly bland.
I think the current Maxima looks better than the 1995 model but other than that I agree with you.
"Clean" doesn't really fit the current Max very well IMO. The 1995 car didn't have to pretend to be anything more than a family car, so Nissan didn't have to worry about it looking fast then (though it looks more upscale than the current one IMO, and even more so than the I30 of that era):

If by clean you mean bland, then yes. But, imho, the only 3rd gen (I think that is right, 1995-1999) Maxima that looked upscale was the SE model, both the GXE and GLE were just other family cars.

ifcar

I agree that it was mainly the SE version that looked impressive. However, that was the only photo Edmunds had.

LostBoy

Here's a couple more spy shots of the new Accord...

Two more Accord Spy Shots

Nothing exciting...carry on. ^_^  

BMWDave

Edmunds had this article...I thought I would post it:

"With the 2007 Toyota Camry on its way, Honda is making sure its top-selling Accord sedan doesn't get left behind. The 2007 Honda Accord will get a minor face-lift that gives the rear end of the car an all-new look while leaving the rest of the car virtually unchanged.

As can be seen from our latest spy photos, Honda seems intent on reshaping the Accord's look from behind as its current rear-end styling is often cited as one of its least appealing design elements. The new LED taillights not only give it a different look, they'll also add a small measure of safety as LEDs light up faster than traditional bulbs.

Interior upgrades may be part of the package as well, but don't expect anything beyond minor design and material changes.

Although a debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in October is possible, it's more likely that this reshaped Accord will make its debut early next year with sales beginning in mid-2006. "

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

crv16

QuoteAlthough a debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in October is possible, it's more likely that this reshaped Accord will make its debut early next year with sales beginning in mid-2006. "
I'm almost certain this upgrade is coming this Sept, not next year.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Definitely. And if the Civic facelift for 04 was any indication, it won't be unveiled at an auto show with a good deal of fuss, it will just appear on the Honda website with a small press release.

Catman

If the pics we saw recently of the next gen Camry are accurate than I think Honda might want to step things up a bit.

BMWDave

QuoteIf the pics we saw recently of the next gen Camry are accurate than I think Honda might want to step things up a bit.
They certainly do want to step things up...I like the new look of the Camry a lot better than what I can see of the accord.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

And we know that styling is the defining factor in Accord and Camry sales. :P

BTW, I prefer what I've seen of the 06 Accord to what I've seen of the 07 Camry.

BMWDave

QuoteAnd we know that styling is the defining factor in Accord and Camry sales. :P

BTW, I prefer what I've seen of the 06 Accord to what I've seen of the 07 Camry.
:lol:

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

I just noticed they redid the grille!

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Raghavan

QuoteLooks better than the current one from the back.

Still doesn't look nearly as good as the last generation [which i happen to think was a really good-looking car].
I agree, it was a good looking car, especially after the slight facelift.
It was definitely the best looking mainstreamer at the time, IMO.
my car! :praise:  

BMWDave

Still doesn't look nearly as good as the last generation [which i happen to think was a really good-looking car].
Post some pictures for us.  :praise:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

Post some pictures for us.  :praise:
why do you want to see pictures of a bland FWD auto POS??? :rolleyes:  :lol:  

Raghavan

i much prefer the look of this new accord to the new camry.

BMWDave

Quotei much prefer the look of this new accord to the new camry.
I prefer it the other way, but styling is subjective.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Quotei much prefer the look of this new accord to the new camry.
I prefer it the other way, but styling is subjective.
I can't really tell from the spy pics, but it looks as though I'll prefer the Accord.  

Raghavan

the Mugen Inspire in Japan looks really nice. i wish honda offered the body kit on the accord right now. makes it looks sporty.

Fire It Up

Quotethe Mugen Inspire in Japan looks really nice. i wish honda offered the body kit on the accord right now. makes it looks sporty.
Quotethe Mugen Inspire in Japan looks really nice. i wish honda offered the body kit on the accord right now. makes it looks sporty.
At least they have the wheels, some front lip, and a spoiler. But still not as good as what Japan gets.  <_<
http://images5.fotki.com/v59/photos/1/1764..._2395020-vi.jpg
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/showp...&sort=1&cat=500
All factory parts.

Raghavan

At least they have the wheels, some front lip, and a spoiler. But still not as good as what Japan gets.  <_<
http://images5.fotki.com/v59/photos/1/1764..._2395020-vi.jpg
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/showp...&sort=1&cat=500
All factory parts, escept for the first guys wheels.
that's still nowhere near as nice as the Mugen full bodykit.

Fire It Up

Yeah I know. <_< I hope Honda isnt stupid this time and gives us a good looking accesory kit like the Inspire.

And just for kicks.....

I like that one.  

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteRice ^^
Most definitely.  

Raghavan

QuoteRice ^^
the car in your sig is rice.^^ :lol: