06 Accord refresh pics

Started by crv16, June 16, 2005, 11:41:53 AM

crv16

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=362191

Looks a lot better IMO.  They left the front end alone, for the most part, but with major revisions to the rear end.

It's supposed to get a 10 hp bump on both 4 and 6 cyl versions, to 170 and 250 hp respectively.

The V6 version is reportedly getting a bump up to 17" wheels too.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Any hp changes to the Hybrid, and will it look the same as that?

BMWDave

I like it a lot better.  They fixed the back end.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

These pics are old. The rear bumper looks fat and the tail lights look too small, it is no better than the current version imho.  

ifcar

Only the first pic is old. The next three are new, and give a much better view of the car (and from different angles as well).

BMWDave

QuoteOnly the first pic is old. The next three are new, and give a much better view of the car (and from different angles as well).
It looks a little like the Fusion from the side.  The rear pillar looks a lot like that of the Fusions.

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

QuoteAny hp changes to the Hybrid, and will it look the same as that?
Haven't heard anything about the hybrid, but i suspect it will get a similar bump.  Typically the hybrid version gets some trim change that differentiates it from the regular version.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

ifcar

Catman

The rear is a 180, much nicer.

giant_mtb

Nice, but still pretty bland, IMO.  Nothing striking or anything, but I don't think that's what Accord buyers usually look for anyways. ^_^

BMWDave

Compare the rear pillar of this:

to this:

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

man, thats the same f. bumper as the JDM accord. Now why dont we get the whole treatment?

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

TBR

Quoteman, thats the same f. bumper as the JDM accord. Now why dont we get the whole treatment?
I thought the JDM Accord was the same thing as the TSX?  

mazda6er

Looks pretty good, but I didn't have a problem with the old (current) one. Looks like a cross between the current Accord coupe and its cousin, the TL.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

LostBoy

Quoteman, thats the same f. bumper as the JDM accord. Now why dont we get the whole treatment?
I'm guessing he means the Honda Inspire...

ifcar

Minus the excessive chrome, their grille does look far better than ours. The front end was covered somewhat on the spy pics, but it doesn't look as though we're getting it.

TBR

Do you have a rear end pic?  

850CSi

Looks better than the current one from the back.

Still doesn't look nearly as good as the last generation [which i happen to think was a really good-looking car].

TBR

QuoteLooks better than the current one from the back.

Still doesn't look nearly as good as the last generation [which i happen to think was a really good-looking car].
I agree, it was a good looking car, especially after the slight facelift.  

BMWDave

It was definitely the best looking mainstreamer at the time, IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

It was definitely the best looking mainstreamer at the time, IMO.
Even the Camry looked good back then. What happened...

ifcar

I'd say 1995 was the best fairly recent year for midsize sedans. The Accord, Camry, Taurus, Galant, 626, Altima, Maxima: all were clean and tasteful without looking horribly bland.

Fire It Up

Yeah, thats what I meant, I just wasnt entirely sure Id be understood if I said Inspire. And the rear is only slightly different from what we have now; it doesnt have that red strip going around the white part on the taillights, and they arent as wide, the exhasut tips are visible, and you can get a different decklid spoiler.  

TBR

QuoteI'd say 1995 was the best fairly recent year for midsize sedans. The Accord, Camry, Taurus, Galant, 626, Altima, Maxima: all were clean and tasteful without looking horribly bland.
I think the current Maxima looks better than the 1995 model but other than that I agree with you.  

280Z Turbo

Looks better, but I like the 1998-2002 Accord better.

Raza

Dude, that Inspire doesn't look bad.  I like it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

QuoteI'd say 1995 was the best fairly recent year for midsize sedans. The Accord, Camry, Taurus, Galant, 626, Altima, Maxima: all were clean and tasteful without looking horribly bland.
I think the current Maxima looks better than the 1995 model but other than that I agree with you.
"Clean" doesn't really fit the current Max very well IMO. The 1995 car didn't have to pretend to be anything more than a family car, so Nissan didn't have to worry about it looking fast then (though it looks more upscale than the current one IMO, and even more so than the I30 of that era):

Fire It Up

"Clean" doesn't really fit the current Max very well IMO. The 1995 car didn't have to pretend to be anything more than a family car, so Nissan didn't have to worry about it looking fast then (though it looks more upscale than the current one IMO, and even more so than the I30 of that era):

clean

Fire It Up

QuoteDude, that Inspire doesn't look bad.  I like it.
The Mugen/Modulo version looks better.  

Fire It Up

QuoteDude, that Inspire doesn't look bad.  I like it.
The Mugen/Modulo version looks better.

Modulo
Mugen