Interior Pics: New S-Class

Started by BMWDave, June 16, 2005, 02:47:19 PM

mazda6er

QuoteThis interior looks similar to that of the 7-series only it has a much less cohesive feel and uses what appear to be cheap materials. In the bottom part of the center stack, where BMW uses authentic polished wood, MB seems to have used a "textured plastic" that looks like it's straight out of my 19K 6. And that steering wheel is hideous.
I'm not sure if the wood is real, but it looks very cheesy to me.
The wood in which car, the Beemer or the MB?
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteThis interior looks similar to that of the 7-series only it has a much less cohesive feel and uses what appear to be cheap materials. In the bottom part of the center stack, where BMW uses authentic polished wood, MB seems to have used a "textured plastic" that looks like it's straight out of my 19K 6. And that steering wheel is hideous.
The MB.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

The MB.
I wasn't referring the the wood in the MB (which I assume must be real), I was talking about this (grey plastic area):

as apposed to this (polished wood area):

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

God I could live in that car...

mazda6er

QuoteGod I could live in that car...
If you were paying for it, you might have to.  ;)  
--Mark

giant_mtb

How much does that car cost?  Is that 7? Or a 5..?

mazda6er

7-series. Base price is approx. $ 69,900, but can exceed $120,00. As a side note, the interior of the 5-series is not nearly as attractive and has been known to induce vomiting.
--Mark

giant_mtb

7-series. Base price is approx. $ 69,900, but can exceed $120,00. As a side note, the interior of the 5-series is not nearly as attractive and has been known to induce vomiting.
120 thousand...wow.  If I bought two base models that is only about 40 thousand less then my house!!   :o

And...after Googling, the 5 series is nice, but it's not all that great.  The colors don't match.  But it's still nicer than any car I've owned or ridden in, so I don't have much to complain about.  ;)  

TBR

How can you tell what the wood looks like from those pics? They are much too dark to get an accurate impression and keep in mind that this is a prototype, actual production vehicles might be radically different for all we know. And, the 5-series' interior looks almost exactly like the 7-series'. And, if you want to talk about hideous steering wheels, the 7-series' is one of the worst ones I have ever seen.  

giant_mtb

How can you tell what the wood looks like from those pics? They are much too dark to get an accurate impression and keep in mind that this is a prototype, actual production vehicles might be radically different for all we know. And, the 5-series' interior looks almost exactly like the 7-series'. And, if you want to talk about hideous steering wheels, the 7-series' is one of the worst ones I have ever seen.
Ehhh yeah, the 7's wheel is pretty awkward.  I've seen worse, though.  Like the Mitsu Galant, I believe.

mazda6er

QuoteHow can you tell what the wood looks like from those pics? They are much too dark to get an accurate impression and keep in mind that this is a prototype, actual production vehicles might be radically different for all we know. And, the 5-series' interior looks almost exactly like the 7-series'. And, if you want to talk about hideous steering wheels, the 7-series' is one of the worst ones I have ever seen.
Similar, but my no means exactly the same. The materials qualities seems to drop off pretty quick in my opinion.
--Mark

TBR

QuoteHow can you tell what the wood looks like from those pics? They are much too dark to get an accurate impression and keep in mind that this is a prototype, actual production vehicles might be radically different for all we know. And, the 5-series' interior looks almost exactly like the 7-series'. And, if you want to talk about hideous steering wheels, the 7-series' is one of the worst ones I have ever seen.
Similar, but my no means exactly the same. The materials qualities seems to drop off pretty quick in my opinion.
I see.

BMWDave

TBR, do you mean the top wheel or the bottom wheel?

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

QuoteTBR, do you mean the top wheel or the bottom wheel?

Wow, look how much nicer the top interior is... Gotta love two-tones.

I think he meant the bottom one. I also think it's kind of hideous.

BMWDave

I actually like the bottom wheel better.  It is sportier IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I like the top wheel, not as sporty but more in line with the rest of the interior.

TBR

QuoteTBR, do you mean the top wheel or the bottom wheel?

The bottom one. The other one is alright, though not a particular favorite of mine.  

BMWDave

The VW Phaeton has a steering wheel similar to the top one:

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteThe VW Phaeton has a steering wheel similar to the top one:

Yep, they are almost exactly the same.  

Raza

Do the shift buttons work?  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteDo the shift buttons work?
Yes they do.

2007 Honda S2000