Interior Pics: New S-Class

Started by BMWDave, June 16, 2005, 02:47:19 PM

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

It seems like they borrowed heavily from the 7 Series....I think Mercedes is too good to be copying designs.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

I just beat you to posting this topic...I'll delete it since we have exactly the same posts.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

I merged the topics together.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Hmm.  

This is a mistake for Mercedes.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Nothing all that oustanding, imo.  The center stack sort of reminds me of the Tribeca...

:P  (use your imagination, and mabye you'll think so, too)

ifcar

I agree with Raza. The way the center stack doesn't meet the center console looks like a minivan setup more than a luxury sedan's.

TBR

Hideous, even worse than the 7-series'. No thanks.  

Colonel Cadillac

The center console looks a bit "truckish". The whole interior doesn't flow the way it does in the current S-class. Could this be Mercedes' first real bomb?

ifcar

Mercedes has too much of a reputation for this model to fall short either with critics or with consumers. It would be like Honda putting out a mediocre Civic, it would still sell almost as well as an excellent one (And what do I mean "if").

BMWDave

QuoteHideous, even worse than the 7-series'. No thanks.
Almost as bad as a 7 Series?  What do you find wrong with the layout and cosmetic design(i-Drive is a totally different story-thats functionality)?

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteHideous, even worse than the 7-series'. No thanks.
Almost as bad as a 7 Series?  What do you find wrong with the layout and cosmetic design(i-Drive is a totally different story-thats functionality)?

Why does it matter? It is an opinion. But, if you must know, the dual cowl design is ugly and the way the lower center stack slopes isn't proper for a luxury car. I am really getting tired of having to explain my opinion every time I say something bad about the styling of a BMW or LR.  

BMWDave

I've really stopped lately asking you to explain your opinion, but you made it sound as if the 7er interior was just garbage....I can understand if you dont like it, but basically I'm asking, what makes it so bad...why do you consider it garbage?

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteI've really stopped lately asking you to explain your opinion, but you made it sound as if the 7er interior was just garbage....I can understand if you dont like it, but basically I'm asking, what makes it so bad...why do you consider it garbage?
I just told you.

BMWDave

When you say not proper, is that an opinion?  Or is there some etiquette that luxury cars must follow?

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteWhen you say not proper, is that an opinion?  Or is there some etiquette that luxury cars must follow?
In my opinion angles like that just don't belong in expensive cars, they belong in trucks and minivans.  

BMWDave

QuoteWhen you say not proper, is that an opinion?  Or is there some etiquette that luxury cars must follow?
In my opinion angles like that just don't belong in expensive cars, they belong in trucks and minivans.
Fair enough.

2007 Honda S2000

giant_mtb

Dave and Tim...you guys sure go at it a lot!  :P  ^_^

850CSi

IMO the 7-Series has one of the nicest interiors in recent memory. That's not something you usually hear from me about a BMW. It works very well in beige with the darker dash colors. Attention to detail is just remarkable. The biggest problem is the lack of a proper shifter.

Dave, stop posting that specific interior pic... The all-Beige interior is frankly disgusting.

On the other hand, this new S-Klasse is an abomination. I haven't seen a worse interior from MB in a long time, and that includes the pre-facelift C-Klasse.

BMWDave

I agree with you Faris about the interior being one of the nicest in recent memory, but I dont agree that the beige is "frankly disgusting."  Anyway, have you ever seen the Bimmer interior in light green Napa Leather?  thats a VERY nice interior.  The one I like the best though is the creamy, golden leather, called natural brown.  The previous gen 3er had it, and it was just flat out, my favorite leather color anywhere.

This is not a good picture that doesnt bring out the color in terms of lighting.

I'll try to get a better one.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

How can the S-class' be an ambomination and the 7-serie's be on of the best interiors on the market? They are practically identical from what we have seen so far!  

ifcar

Definitely not identical, I see far more Honda Odyssey in that dash design than BMW, except for the iDrive-style controller. The 7-Series has the definite advantage that the center stack meets the center console, giving it much less of a minivan feel.

850CSi

QuoteHow can the S-class' be an ambomination and the 7-serie's be on of the best interiors on the market? They are practically identical from what we have seen so far!
The 7s flows together as one unit, even if it is a bit blocky.

The S-Klasse's is a design nightmare; there are so many wrong angles the overall shape just doesn't fit. It's like jamming a puzzle piece into a place that doesn't fit.

850CSi

As much as I hate it, has anyone noticed just how HQ it all appears to be?

850CSi

QuoteI agree with you Faris about the interior being one of the nicest in recent memory, but I dont agree that the beige is "frankly disgusting."  Anyway, have you ever seen the Bimmer interior in light green Napa Leather?  thats a VERY nice interior.  The one I like the best though is the creamy, golden leather, called natural brown.  The previous gen 3er had it, and it was just flat out, my favorite leather color anywhere.

This is not a good picture that doesnt bring out the color in terms of lighting.

I've always loved Brown leather, and I like it a lot more than the Terra (?) leather they're offering on the E90. Someone over at C/D had a 330i with the Natural Brown and posted a pic... Awesome-In part because it was a two-tone. Audi has something similar on the A8.

I've seen the Green in person. It was very unique, to say the least.

TBR

QuoteHow can the S-class' be an ambomination and the 7-serie's be on of the best interiors on the market? They are practically identical from what we have seen so far!

The S-Klasse's is a design nightmare; there are so many wrong angles the overall shape just doesn't fit. It's like jamming a puzzle piece into a place that doesn't fit.
How can you tell? Those pictures are very dark and grainy.

BMWDave

How can you tell? Those pictures are very dark and grainy.
Its still clear enough that you see the design.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteI agree with you Faris about the interior being one of the nicest in recent memory, but I dont agree that the beige is "frankly disgusting."  Anyway, have you ever seen the Bimmer interior in light green Napa Leather?  thats a VERY nice interior.  The one I like the best though is the creamy, golden leather, called natural brown.  The previous gen 3er had it, and it was just flat out, my favorite leather color anywhere.

I've always loved Brown leather, and I like it a lot more than the Terra (?) leather they're offering on the E90. Someone over at C/D had a 330i with the Natural Brown and posted a pic... Awesome-In part because it was a two-tone. Audi has something similar on the A8.

I've seen the Green in person. It was very unique, to say the least.
Yea, the guy had a 330i Orient Blue with a natural brown interior.   Absolutely gorgeous!  I just love that color!

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

This interior looks similar to that of the 7-series only it has a much less cohesive feel and uses what appear to be cheap materials. In the bottom part of the center stack, where BMW uses authentic polished wood, MB seems to have used a "textured plastic" that looks like it's straight out of my 19K 6. And that steering wheel is hideous.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteThis interior looks similar to that of the 7-series only it has a much less cohesive feel and uses what appear to be cheap materials. In the bottom part of the center stack, where BMW uses authentic polished wood, MB seems to have used a "textured plastic" that looks like it's straight out of my 19K 6. And that steering wheel is hideous.
I'm not sure if the wood is real, but it looks very cheesy to me.

2007 Honda S2000