8 Luxo SUVs... Car & Driver

Started by YO, April 23, 2007, 09:03:12 PM

YO

MDX dominates.... what do you think...?
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

Raghavan

Colonel Cadillac

eThirteen

Honda will rule the world in a thousand years.

I like the new MDX styling, much more than I like the RDX's.

ro51092

Quote from: YO on April 23, 2007, 09:03:12 PM

What do I think? I still think it's a piece of shit.

thewizard16

I don't like the MDX at all. I think it's hideous, so much so that I'd axe it from a potential shopping list.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

GoCougs

It's what I'd choose out of those eight.

thewizard16

I'd easily take the ML, X, or GX over it if I were the one shopping.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

SVT666

Yo is worse then me.  At least I post in threads other then Mustang threads.

MDX is hideous and I would take the Volvo out of the group.

HeyThatsNick

I thought they left out a HUGE chunk when they didn't allow the Q7 in because it was too long.  That was a dumb move, because it could have very well taken it.

cawimmer430

Isn't the MDX a "sports-biased" SUV?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Atomic

i didn't read the details yet, but i like the vehicle very much from what i can see and what owners have told me. i hope to test drive one soon. the pilot i drove was great, but it looks too boxy for my tastes. the acura is mighty sharp, imo!

ifcar

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 24, 2007, 01:34:58 AM
Isn't the MDX a "sports-biased" SUV?

It's sportier than some of the others, yes, which is why it won the comparison test in a car enthusiast magazine.

JYODER240

I don't really care. SUV's don't interest me :huh:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on April 24, 2007, 08:42:24 AM
I don't really care. SUV's don't interest me :huh:
Then why did you post?

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on April 24, 2007, 08:48:21 AM
Then why did you post?

QuoteMDX dominates.... what do you think...?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Tave

Was the Volvo in the line-up? That's my favorite luxo-suv, purely for aesthetic reasons.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

I like the MDX. However, I'd probably buy a Touareg. :P

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on April 24, 2007, 11:40:59 AM
Was the Volvo in the line-up? That's my favorite luxo-suv, purely for aesthetic reasons.
Yes it was.

TBR

The editors were high when doing the ratings, that is the only logical explanation. They actually ranked the MDX's interior at 9 while the LR3, Volvo, and GX got lower ratings.

Colonel Cadillac

The MDX actually has a really nice interior, possibly better than the LR3, XC90 and GX470 :huh:

TBR

It looks absurd (that is the best word I can think of), just plain ridiculous and overdone. If GM had done it C/D would have called it ugly, and they would have been right.

omicron

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 24, 2007, 01:34:12 PM
The MDX actually has a really nice interior, possibly better than the LR3, XC90 and GX470 :huh:

It looks like a vagina. All that silly shiny black stuff looks like legs spread open wide, and that vast ugly screen up top flew down from outer space as the SS Clitoris.

See Nucky Mark's sig for future reference :praise:

ifcar

Quote from: TBR on April 24, 2007, 01:39:32 PM
It looks absurd (that is the best word I can think of), just plain ridiculous and overdone. If GM had done it C/D would have called it ugly, and they would have been right.

"The center stack?s 50 buttons and switches looked like something NASA would reject. "

They approved of the quality, not the appearance.

S204STi

Quote from: YO on April 23, 2007, 09:03:12 PM

It barely dominated over the SRX which is an older chassis.

I think the MDX looks like ass on wheels.

chevyguy06

Well out of the 8 if would be about my 6th or 7th choice...That said I think you can tell my car buying decisions wouldn't be based on C/D comparos.
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

sandertheshark

The MDX is just a CRV, with a lot of extra cheap bling and a whooooole lot of ugly.  Like rosie o'donnel ate flava flave and vomited all over a CRV.

chevyguy06

Quote from: sandertheshark on April 24, 2007, 05:23:23 PM
The MDX is just a CRV, with a lot of extra cheap bling and a whooooole lot of ugly. Like rosie o'donnel ate flava flave and vomited all over a CRV.

:lol:
'05 Ford Escape XLT V6

1 BAD 7

I like the MDX out of that group of Suvs as it offers plenty for the money. But if I was not limited by the price there is no way I would take MDX over a BMW X5 4.8i or Range Rover sport or Cayman S.

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com