Seriously, are they handing out licenses in Cracker Jack boxes now?

Started by VTEC_Inside, April 24, 2007, 04:08:37 PM

VTEC_Inside

I'm driving home today (less than 5min from my house), and I notice the Sunfire that I've been comming up on and am now slowly passing is comming into my lane. I lay on the horn for a solid 5 seconds to no avail as I'm now braking and moving to avoid. No reaction, just continues to change lanes.

I end up passing along the right (goes from two to four lanes and I'm turning right). I look over and its two young chicks. The passenger has her feet up on the dash (yes, theres an airbag) and they are giggling and laughing like its funny or something.

I suppose it would have still been funny had they driven right into someone and caused an accident on one of the busiest stretches of road around here.

I'm doing my best to control my temper on the roads and I've been doing a pretty good job of it lately, but for f$%ks sake, how much shit should one be expected to put up with before going postal on someones ass?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

dazzleman

I have long been of the opinion that licensing standards are far too low.

Even if they made the road test more difficult, there's still the issue of attitude and maturity.  Having the skill to pass a road test doesn't mean you have the right attitude and level of maturity to be a safe driver.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

sparkplug

You should have 5000 hours of practice before getting a restricted license, a colonoscopy, a mammogram, a prostate exam, and an IRS audit all with a smile on your face.

Raghavan

That's why you get a beater you don't care about. Do a PIT manouever on them so they spin out and tell the police you couldn't get out of the way in time. :praise:

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

L. ed foote

Member, Self Preservation Society

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: L. ed foote on April 24, 2007, 09:48:23 PM
You think that's bad, try driving in Peru...
LOL
When we got into the van in Mendoza, Argentina, our mission president (church guy from Chile) knocked mirrors with a few people, and we could hear his voice raised on several occasions across the city. (He was in a different car.  :confused: )    :ohyeah:

Then I watched some guy from Buenos Aires just walk out and stop on the dotted line waiting for traffic to cross the rest of the street.. 

YES. In between lanes.
Will

TurboDan

Quote from: Raghavan on April 24, 2007, 09:05:10 PM
That's why you get a beater you don't care about. Do a PIT manouever on them so they spin out and tell the police you couldn't get out of the way in time. :praise:

Yeah, good plan.  How about the other 10 cars that are now involved in an accident because you do a damnn pit maneuver on a public highway and spin someone out in the middle of traffic.  I feel dumber for having responded to this post...

Raghavan

Quote from: TurboDan on April 29, 2007, 06:53:14 PM
Yeah, good plan. How about the other 10 cars that are now involved in an accident because you do a damnn pit maneuver on a public highway and spin someone out in the middle of traffic. I feel dumber for having responded to this post...
I was joking.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on April 24, 2007, 04:08:37 PM

I suppose it would have still been funny had they driven right into someone and caused an accident on one of the busiest stretches of road around here.

401?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

VTEC_Inside

sportyaccordy

Try driving through Midtown Manhattan 5 hours a day, 5 days a week :)

Champ

I witnessed somebody playing on his cell phone on the highway for about 4 miles yesterday, almost hit me twice.  Looked like he was texting.  So bad.

Raza

Quote from: Champ on May 21, 2007, 09:35:10 AM
I witnessed somebody playing on his cell phone on the highway for about 4 miles yesterday, almost hit me twice.  Looked like he was texting.  So bad.

I was driving along the PA Turnpike and a WRX (silver bugeye, modded) flew past me.  Not 5 minutes later, I blew past him (and I was using cruise control).  Then he blew past me again.  Then I pulled back up alongside him.  He was texting on his T Mobile Sidekick.  I wanted to run him off the road and beat him to death with it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

nickdrinkwater

Champ

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 21, 2007, 09:58:56 AM
Is driving whilst on the phone illegal in the States?
Just a few, I think NY and maybe 1-2 others.

Tave

And texting is so much worse. I've tried it once and decided 'never again.' Even more distracting that talking on the cell phone.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Tave on May 21, 2007, 10:24:48 AM
And texting is so much worse. I've tried it once and decided 'never again.' Even more distracting that talking on the cell phone.

280Z Turbo

I know some people that definately shouldn't have passed my Driver's Ed. class.

One dumbass in my session II class bragged about how much fun drunk driving is.

TurboDan

Quote from: Tave on May 21, 2007, 10:24:48 AM

I'm guilty of driving while texting.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

S204STi

I've heard good things about Hella Supertones. :praise:

I had a couple of really irritating instances lately:  First, I was behind this lady in a minivan, of course filled with rugrats, and you could tell she was enthralled in her conversation with the person in the passenger seat...all the while holding up the right turn lane, and there was no f-ing traffic...she finally goes once the light turns green, but I am still stuck behind her because I am taking an immediate left, and she is as well.  We get to the left turn lane and it's a green arrow, but she sits there chatting with the other asshole in the front seat...so I just layed into the horn for a solid 3 seconds, I was so pissed.  She starts to lurch forward, but then stops, and then throws her arms up like, "WTF?!"  Both of our windows are open, so I shout in my loudest voice (quite loud), "GREEN ARROW!!! GOOOOO!!!!"  She finally went, and I got around her as quickly as possible...

The next was this guy who was texting, like Champ's experience, only it was a two lane so I was merely stuck behind this inconsiderate douchebag...I flashed my lights at one point to get him to look up from his phone, but he just went right back to texting...what a tard!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

NomisR

I had this lady trying to change lanes into me this one time, I laid on the whole the whole time and she didn't even seem to notice, so I had to slam on the brakes  so she wouldn't hit me.  I kept on the horn for a while.. nothing, no reaction.  About 2 miles later, she decided to make a left turn.. I stared at her when I past and she wouldn't even look at me.. and she had her hands covering her face as so she doesn't want me to recognize her.. 

What's worse is that when you have asshole do something wrong, they act like they're in the right and flick you off and what not.  I had another driver that tried to change lanes into me again.. he flicked me off when I honked at him and then when I got next to him, he tried to run me off the road.. FUCKING ASSHOLE in a lifted SUV..

What's with people's inability to admit they're wrong when they're actually wrong???  I dont' get it.. I mean if I did something wrong, or inconvenience someone accidentally, I'd just wave my hand, as in i'm sorry type thing, if people did that, I'm ok with it.. but nooooo... people think their cars are their protective cages and they can do anything they want in it.  And basically act like assholes kinda like people hiding behind their SN on the internet...

SVT_Power

i read text messages SOMETIMES while driving, but i'll only type things at a light
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

VTEC_Inside

A moron in a Sunfire almost got himself killed and myself and the Intrepid in front of me into a doozy of an accident.

The road is two lanes both directions with a turning lane in the middle, speed limit 80kph.

I'm a comfortable distance behind the Intrepid when I see him brake HARD, I promptly follow suit, you can hear both our tires moaning under the braking load.

I'm like wtf, did he just come up on someone fast and not realize it? Did he get cut off?

None of the above, the aforementioned moron in the Sunfire was crossing the road perpindicular to us, but he couldn't clear it because of traffic on the side presenting his broadside to the Intrepid travelling at 80-90kph.

The Intrepid laid on his horn, and then I did as the moron finally got out of our way and we went by.

We would have been screwed, traffic wasn't heavy, but it wasn't light enough for any wild evasive maneovers. The Sunfire dude could have caused a MAJOR accident even if the Intrepid and I had both come to a stop short of his f'in door.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on June 11, 2007, 03:17:02 PM
A moron in a Sunfire almost got himself killed and myself and the Intrepid in front of me into a doozy of an accident.

The road is two lanes both directions with a turning lane in the middle, speed limit 80kph.

I'm a comfortable distance behind the Intrepid when I see him brake HARD, I promptly follow suit, you can hear both our tires moaning under the braking load.

I'm like wtf, did he just come up on someone fast and not realize it? Did he get cut off?

None of the above, the aforementioned moron in the Sunfire was crossing the road perpindicular to us, but he couldn't clear it because of traffic on the side presenting his broadside to the Intrepid travelling at 80-90kph.

The Intrepid laid on his horn, and then I did as the moron finally got out of our way and we went by.

We would have been screwed, traffic wasn't heavy, but it wasn't light enough for any wild evasive maneovers. The Sunfire dude could have caused a MAJOR accident even if the Intrepid and I had both come to a stop short of his f'in door.

I'm glad we're both okay.