Lotus Unveils Elise "Circuit Car"

Started by BMWDave, June 17, 2005, 05:32:43 AM

BMWDave

Lotus Unveils Elise "Circuit Car"
Date Posted 06-16-2005
Link

DULUTH, Ga. ? Lotus Cars has introduced a lightweight, open-top variant of its Elise, designed specifically for track-day and club-racing events.

The company describes the so-called Circuit Car as an extension of founder Colin Chapman's philosophy of "performance through light weight." The aluminum chassis and composite body panels contribute to the car's sub-1,200 pounds.

The standard engine is a 190-horsepower, 1.8-liter four-cylinder that delivers 0-to-60-mph acceleration in less than 4 seconds. Lotus also will offer a supercharged option, said to be good for 0-to-100-mph acceleration in 9 seconds.

The company plans to build about 100 units a year at its headquarters in Hethel, England, beginning in December. Price has not been announced. The standard Elise carries a sticker of $43,860.

What this means to you: As if the standard Elise wasn't already the perfect weekend racer, now you have a choice to go for an even more serious Lotus track car.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

:o  :o   What do you think?  55K? 60K? No more then 70K...

BMWDave

Quote:o  :o   What do you think?  55K? 60K? No more then 70K...
This thing is the ultimate lightweight car...its insane...it weighs about 700 pounds less than a regular, already light, Elise.  I think it would costs about 65-70K.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Quote:o  :o   What do you think?  55K? 60K? No more then 70K...
This thing is the ultimate lightweight car...its insane...it weighs about 700 pounds less than a regular, already light, Elise.  I think it would costs about 65-70K.
And it would be worth every penny.  

BMWDave

Quote:o? :o?  What do you think?? 55K? 60K? No more then 70K...
And it would be worth every penny.
For sure.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

At 1200 pounds, if they sell this thing for 80K it would be the ultimate racer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.